Happy Boxing Day eh!

CowgirlsFan

34 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

There was discussion about this in the box earlier today and @BringBackFergy offered an opinion that Sugar Ray Leonard was 10x’s the boxer of Mohamed Ali.

Does anyone agree with his take?

nope

Duran has to move up in weight to fight him, so that wasn’t legit

he clinched Hagler the whole fight, warned 68 times “stop holding Ray” and nothing was done about it

he was an entertainer, part of that glorious night in 1976 at Montreal for US boxing, and wasn’t all that....

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

There was discussion about this in the box earlier today and @BringBackFergy offered an opinion that Sugar Ray Leonard was 10x’s the boxer of Mohamed Ali.

Does anyone agree with his take?

It can be argued.  The funny part is that the greatest Canadian boxer ever was a female dog named Joy.  She was quick and smarter than any human boxer Canada ever produced.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

nope

Duran has to move up in weight to fight him, so that wasn’t legit

he clinched Hagler the whole fight, warned 68 times “stop holding Ray” and nothing was done about it

he was an entertainer, part of that glorious night in 1976 at Montreal for US boxing, and wasn’t all that....

My argument stands: Look at Cassius Clay’s “Strength of Schedule”...Liston (big deal), Foreman (pshhhh), Jerry Cooney (Old Glass Jaw). Then look at Sugar Ray’s SOS: Hearns, Hagler, Spinks, Boom Boom and Roberto. All legit fighters. 

I think you see my point. Boom!!!