Patriots Fans are Some of the Worst Fans in Sports

JGMcD2

9 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

They were 5-11 the year before Brady took over and had 3 losing season in the 7 years prior. All sold out.  Football is a social gathering. A lot of the hardcore fans can't get in now so the crowds may even get better.

I'm just sharing my experience. But you are definitely lying about the security and police. My friend and neighbor is head of security at the stadium. And as far as the Foxboro police and the State Police barrack in Foxboro right next to the stadium, both have a well earned reputation for no nonsense. So yes you made it up.

What exactly do I have to gain from lying about that? I literally had a security guard watch 3 Pats fans starting shoving Bills fans as they were walking by, then then they shoved me and grabbed me when I ignored them and walked away. 

I looked and said “Are you going to do anything about that?” 

They shrugged and didn’t utter a word. 

I had friends who are fans of different teams call me and warn me when they saw pictures of me at the tailgate that it’s a horrible environment and to watch my back because they’ve seen and experienced horrible things. 

I was staying with my friend’s family who happen to be Pats fans and they warned us that they had seen and experienced horrible things. 

Edited by JGMcD2

I find these threads hilarious. I've spent my whole life traveling and have enjoyed every place I've been. I've found people to be different regionally but almost all very accommodating and nice. Buffalo included. Any one that thinks a whole city, region or fanbase is despicable really needs to take a look at themselves. You're saying more about you than the people you are trying to insult.

20 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

I find these threads hilarious. I've spent my whole life traveling and have enjoyed every place I've been. I've found people to be different regionally but almost all very accommodating and nice. Buffalo included. Any one that thinks a whole city, region or fanbase is despicable really needs to take a look at themselves. You're saying more about you than the people you are trying to insult.

I’ve traveled my entire life and travel for work. I enjoy the places I go and I lived in Massachusetts for 4 years. Many of my good friends are Boston sports fans and we get a long. I’ve never had a single solitary issue at a Red Sox/Celtics/Bruins game or any game at an opposing stadium in the country and I’ve been to over 60 different venues over the four major sports. 

I spent the entire day tailgating with 40+ Patriots fans. There we absolutely zero issues, we had a great time. I’m conscious of the fact this was the 1% that ruined it... I know it happens everywhere in some capacity. I even stated that Buffalo has a bit of a reputation for stuff like this. 

It’s not a coincidence that Patriots fans warned me about a toxic atmosphere not fans of other teams that had attended games at Gillette. I got separated from the 2 Pats fans I was sitting with at the game on my way out of the stadium and then I started having issues, that’s not a coincidence either. Of course someone who is a Boston sports fan isn’t going to have issues at Boston sports events. 

Boston sports fans are some of the best in terms of passion - they love their teams . There’s also a reason folks from the Massachusetts/New England region are referred to as Massholes... they’re built differently than most and have a rough demeanor - which is fine. They embrace it... which is also fine. 

Boston sports fans in the four major sports often rank within the top 5 most disliked fan bases in each of the four major sports. Part of it is due to their success, but that’s not the bulk of it. It’s the attitude and behavior and you are naive if you don’t think that’s the case. They have a reputation across the country of behaving this way, it’s the 1% that ruin it for everyone, but it’s not fake. 

Edited by JGMcD2

11 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’ve traveled my entire life and travel for work. I enjoy the places I go and I lived in Massachusetts for 4 years. Many of my good friends are Boston sports fans and we get a long. I’ve never had a single solitary issue at a Red Sox/Celtics/Bruins game or any game at an opposing stadium in the country and I’ve been to over 60 different venues over the four major sports. 

I spent the entire day tailgating with 40+ Patriots fans. There we absolutely zero issues, we had a great time. I’m conscious of the fact this was the 1% that ruined it... I know it happens everywhere in some capacity. I even stated that Buffalo has a bit of a reputation for stuff like this. 

It’s not a coincidence that Patriots fans warned me about a toxic atmosphere not fans of other teams that had attended games at Gillette. I got separated from the 2 Pats fans I was sitting with at the game on my way out of the stadium and then I started having issues, that’s not a coincidence either. Of course someone who is a Boston sports fan isn’t going to have issues at Boston sports events. 

Boston sports fans are some of the best in terms of passion - they love their teams . There’s also a reason folks from the Massachusetts/New England region are referred to as Massholes... they’re built differently than most and have a rough demeanor - which is fine. They embrace it... which is also fine. 

Boston sports fans in the four major sports often rank within the top 5 most disliked fan bases in each of the four major sports. Part of it is due to their success, but that’s not the bulk of it. It’s the attitude and behavior and you are naive if you don’t think that’s the case. They have a reputation across the country of behaving this way, it’s the 1% that ruin it for everyone, but it’s not fake. 

That's a good post. I'm native to SoCa. I've been living south of Boston for many years now (close to Gillette). I find Boston people a little harder to get close to but once you get to know them they make great friends. Second to none. In SoCo I can make 10 best friends in a day but they aren't worth a *****. I find Western NY to have solid people that I like but I'm the kind of guy that tries to make the best of every situation and if it's not good I just keep moving. People are pretty much the same everywhere for the most part. And almost all people are good. 1%ers are everywhere as well. Merry Christmas to you and you family.

Edited by FriendlyFire
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

That's a good post. I'm native to SoCa. I've been living south of Boston for many years now (close to Gillette). I find Boston people a little harder to get close to but once you get to know them they make great friends. Second to none. In SoCo I can make 10 best friends in a day but they aren't worth a *****. I find Western NY to have solid people that I like but I'm the kind of guy that tries to make the best of every situation and if it's not good I just keep moving. People are pretty much the same everywhere for the most part. And almost all people are good. 1%ers are everywhere as well. Merry Christmas to you and you family.

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyFire said:

They were 5-11 the year before Brady took over and had 3 losing season in the 7 years prior. All sold out.  Football is a social gathering. A lot of the hardcore fans can't get in now so the crowds may even get better.

I'm just sharing my experience. But you are definitely lying about the security and police. My friend and neighbor is head of security at the stadium. And as far as the Foxboro police and the State Police barrack in Foxboro right next to the stadium, both have a well earned reputation for no nonsense. So yes you made it up.

Excuse me butting in here, but if the guy had a bad experience and you know the head of security at the stadium and feel that he wouldn't tolerate fan misbehavior or his own personnel overlooking it, wouldn't it be more to the point to try to put @JGMcD2 in touch with your neighbor to get the facts of the who/what/when/where and try to straighten it out/nip any problems in the bud?   The PM system is at your service.

At the worst case, if lying/making it up were taking place then an investigation might well show it due to security camera footage etc.

At the best case, you would be doing your neighbor and friend a "Friendly" by giving him the option to stop something you say he wouldn't tolerate.

JMO

5 hours ago, FriendlyFire said:

Great post and well said.