MIchael Irvin schools Schopp on the importance of culture

8 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

yeah, Schopp is 100%. I won't even listen to him. I am however listening to Irvin right now pop this fool in his place. 

Love that the Pats gave their 2nd rd pick for Sanu. Spygate2 will most likely take the 1st away as well. Pats are in a serious hole. I can see BB and TB retiring after this year in all honesty.

I suspect that Spygate 2 will likely be more of a slap on the wrist.  The league will probably buy the story that the film crew was working for Patriots media and not as spies.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I refuse to listen to that afternoon show.  I would much rather listen to movin the chains on NFLR from 3-7pm when I’m available.

I listen to Spotify or Sirius XM streaming once the 3 o’clock hour hits. Always. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Schopp is lost cause, he's smarter than everyone else and how dare some former NFL player tell him about whats important in sports, analytics is all the matters.

• Like (+1) 1

Schopp is a dope.

I'm not an Irvin fan, but culture doesn’t necessarily mean that all those guys are good characters. The culture is more about everyone buying into the same idea. For the Cowboys it might’ve meant “football, coke and hookers”, for this Bills team it might be “Football, Jesus and Family”. It doesn’t have to be any particular set of ideas, as long as those ideas are believed in by the entire group.

Schopp is someone who believes if he gets a team like the Browns, they should be the record indicative of their individual talent. 

But it doesn’t work like that. You get a bunch of guys and if it isn’t coached properly or mentored properly it can spiral out of control, or not reach its potential.

If you have a group of guys who aren’t quite as talented... if they buy in and each does their assigned task on a given play, they’ll likely be a solid team, even without much talent.

Lastly, Schopp is one of those guys who believes analytics tells all. I believe analytics helps explain things, but I believe it needs to be combined with an eye test. Basically the stats confirm what the eye test tells us. 

• Like (+1) 1