Jordan Phillips asks you: where's the Offside?

4 hours ago, H2o said:

As well as the "facemask" penalty on Edmunds. :thumbsup:

I was more pissed off with the officials when Dupree jumped offside 5 seconds early, had a straight shot at Josh Allen, and the officials didn't blow the play dead. They just let him have a free, unblocked shot at our quarterback.

If I was the Bills organization, I would certainly be asking the question about what the eff happened there. In a league that is so worried about protecting the quarterback, how do they let that happen?!?!?!?!?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is off sides  crossing the LOS with any part of the body?    Sorry to throw some shade here but .....   

Definition. In gridiron football, offside is a foul in which a player is on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. 

Go to 15 seconds and go a frame by frame. 

He was moving before the ball was snapped. 

Yes he started moving before the ball was snapped WHICH IS NOT Offside. The ball was snapped immediately after and he was NOT on the wrong side of the line at that time. At worst, you could argue It was a neutral zone infraction but to me it was just a perfectly timed play.

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Yes he started moving before the ball was snapped WHICH IS NOT Offside. The ball was snapped immediately after and he was NOT on the wrong side of the line at that time. At worst, you could argue It was a neutral zone infraction but to me it was just a perfectly timed play.

In real time it is hard to make that call.  

In freeze frame he crosses the LOS 

I'm sorry that you don't agree with what I saw in the video.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

11 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Anybody get a view or replay of the Holding call that stopped the clock in the final minute? Curious to see if it was legit.

Was that correct, anyone know the rule?? I'm pretty sure that the clock is supposed to run after the ball is set, with 25 seconds on the clock.   I thought the refs messed that up.  Is holding different? Am I just wrong??

12 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is off sides  crossing the LOS with any part of the body?    Sorry to throw some shade here but .....   

Definition. In gridiron football, offside is a foul in which a player is on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. 

Go to 15 seconds and go a frame by frame. 

He was moving before the ball was snapped. 

him moving before the snap,..however doesnt appear Offside:

image.png.6df90f2e1e4b98a36a6d0f0f9a8a6120.png

Ball being snapped..still doesnt appear Offside.

image.png.ad978c349b0a9e6eeffb49559647bb15.png

Obsurdly close though...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I looked at it frame by frame and the ball is snapped before Jordan’s helmet gets to the LOS. 

Meatball would do this a lot, I don’t think he got called for neutral zone infractions. 

As I mentioned it was very close.  

but he was moving forward before the snap and that’s what the ref saw. 

had replay been allowed 

we’d still have come out on the short end. 

3 minutes ago, PoBills33 said:

him moving before the snap,..however doesnt appear Offside:

image.png.6df90f2e1e4b98a36a6d0f0f9a8a6120.png

Ball being snapped..still doesnt appear Offside.

image.png.ad978c349b0a9e6eeffb49559647bb15.png

Obsurdly close though...

correct. 
As I just mentioned his forward motion caught the refs eye. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

12 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Still not as bad as the roughing the passer from the AFC Championship last year. Its going to be hard to beat a QB like that next week ?

Well if they are going to call false roughing the passer make sure you really rough up the passer.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

He predicted the snap count, and it’s difficult to tell at game speed. He certainly seemed to react faster than the center, which is why I think the flag got thrown. The key here is going to be the bills sending stills to the league and McD harping on the refs so they understand that our DTs just get off the ball that quickly.... Kyle used to do that a few times a year and the refs stopped penalizing it after it was expected. Same goes for other DTs that had great reaction times and first steps; Sapp, Randle, etc. If Phillips keeps timing these perfectly it will become a “known ability”. 

Kyle once talked to a ref during game politely about it and in 2nd half they did not call it. I think referees reviewed film during half time as they should.

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

I think coaches should be able to burn their challenge flags on any call other than unsportsmanlike calls.

Rather than feel insecure leveraging cameras the refs should just treat it as a chance/time out to use a tool at their disposal that can help them get it right.

That goes for that phantom facemask on Edmunds that replays made look so silly.

It does no good when referees are not willing to change calls despite visual proof.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well if they are going to call false roughing the passer make sure you really rough up the passer.

Kyle once talked to a ref during game politely about it and in 2nd half they did not call it. I think referees reviewed film during half time as they should.

It does no good when referees are not willing to change calls despite visual proof.

Politely is the key. Cussing them out will probably bet the Jerry Hughes treatment.