Russ Salvatore letter to the editor in 2018

YoloinOhio

18 hours ago, K-9 said:

FFS, the last person who deserves derision for losing faith in this team is Russ Salvatore. He’s a great, self-made man and we have been fortunate to have him in our community for all these years. From his many philanthropic contributions to his ceaseless Buffalo boosting in the business community, he’s shown time and time again that he puts Buffalo and it’s people first. 

How many other fans have we known to have reached their breaking point over the years? Christ, how many of them come to this forum just to rejoice in that? There has never been a bigger fan of this team and he’s welcome aboard the band wagon any time he wishes to climb back on. 

I will second this post.  Well said.  I do not know Russ personally & I have heard he is no picnic to work for(most successful business people aren't) but.... his generosity extends no bounds.  He did a great thing last Christmas for a beautiful young lady & her family who was dying of cancer.  I will never forget that act of kindness.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

The man is a "visionary" and a WNY legend.  To build this on ode to classic Italy on Transit Road by the airport and host many a festive wedding event (I attended a few on site), picture Tuscany in WNY at minus 3 degrees in February.  Bottom line he supported (I probably think letter aside still does) the Bills for decades and lost it last year, but put it in writing versus just yelling at the TV as many of us do. 

image.png.da7d1993e7c0cfadbcc8ba55c44a93b0.png

BTW, he doesn't own Salvatores anymore, from what I have heard him & his son had a falling out, the son took over Salvatores & to stick it up his son's ass he opened a steak house/hotel a block down the street called Russell's/.   I have been to both many times, Russell's is 10x better steak house than Salvatores is.  

Andhe's donated to the local hospitals. The trauma unit at ECMC carries his name. He just gave a bunch to Roswell Park a week or so ago.  He has paid for the TVs at almost all the local hospitals.  Thanks to him, you don't get billed for the TV in your hospital room.Said he's not giving his $ to his kids, so he's giving it to the community.

Besides, I like his corny commercials.

Edited by Wacka

I grew up in Lancaster and when I was a kid his restaurant on Transit was always this shiny iconic fixture (especially when were were lucky to get to go to McDonald's) - some of that shine went off though when I got to high school and subsequently knew a ton of kids that worked there  :o :P 

Edited by stevewin