John Frusciante Rejoins Red Hot Chili Peppers

Gugny

After 10 long years, John Frusciante has finally come back.  This is fantastic news!!!

In 2003, RHCP came to Albany, NY on their By the Way tour.  My close friend was unemployed at the time, so I bought him a ticket.  Great show.  Shortly after that, my buddy got a job and has been there ever since.  He has always wanted to return the favor.  Years ago, I told him the next time RHCP comes to town, you can buy me a ticket ... but I don't want to see them unless Frusciante is in.

FINALLY!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/15/entertainment/john-frusciante-red-hot-chili-peppers/index.html

EDIT:  My buddy corrected me; it was the 2003 By the Way tour for which I bought him a ticket.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 6

I'm pumped about this! This was one of the best weekends for me in a long time. Bills clinch the playoffs and my favorite guitarist rejoining RCHP. Doesn't get much better than that, for me at least lol.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 1

I didn't even realize he left this last time.

I read an article recently about him doing a solo album where he plays keyboard instead of guitar but figured it was during his off time with the band.

My brother is a big RHCPs fan and he is just hoping that Fruschiantes solo stuff doesn't end up influencing anything new by the Chilli Peppers.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I didn't even realize he left this last time.

I read an article recently about him doing a solo album where he plays keyboard instead of guitar but figured it was during his off time with the band.

My brother is a big RHCPs fan and he is just hoping that Fruschiantes solo stuff doesn't end up influencing anything new by the Chilli Peppers.

Haha. They have been horrible since Fruciante left in 2009. Frooshes solo stuff is awesome and highly influenced their stuff from BSSM to Stadium Arcadium.  I can see if hes worried that his latest electronica stuff is what hes talking about. All that is pretty bad. Frusciante has more talent in his pinky finger than Kiedis has in his whole body. But they mesh together well and they write great songs together. This will be a great thing and I cant wait to see them live.

Edited by Bferra13

16 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Haha. They have been horrible since Fruciante left in 2009. Frooshes solo stuff is awesome and highly influenced their stuff from BSSM to Stadium Arcadium.  I can see if hes worried that his latest electronica stuff is what hes talking about. All that is pretty bad. Frusciante has more talent in his pinky finger than Kiedis has in his whole body. But they mesh together well and they write great songs together. This will be a great thing and I cant wait to see them live.

Yeah, it's the electronica stuff he is hoping they don't decide to try doing

Frusciante is my god.

I don't really know how this works because it seems John has been barely playing guitar (barring experimental stuff), but being god, he will just step back in.

Man i have missed him so much. I despise Klinghoffer

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Frusciante is my god.

I don't really know how this works because it seems John has been barely playing guitar (barring experimental stuff), but being god, he will just step back in.

I'm sorry, despise? For reals?

20 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Frusciante is my god.

I'm right there with ya. But ya cant hate Klinghoffer... He was hand picked by Frusciante as his replacement. They are good friends.  He's a talented musician, no doubt that Kling. Those two albums since Stadium Arcadium were pretty much trash though. Kiedis and Fru just make magic together. Can't wait to hear them live again. I wish Kling nothing but good things in his future endeavors. 

20 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Frusciante is my god.

I can't say I dislike Klinghoffer; it's just crystal clear that John Frusciante is THE person who makes the Chili Peppers great.

What I would love more than anything else to come from this reunion is a new album produced by Rick Rubin.  Get some of that BSSM mojo back, baby!!