TD refs OL as it stands today

In the RD&C article on the TBD front page "Henry is an ace in Bills' deck for draft" Leo Roth quotes TD as saying the starting line as it stands now would be "Gandy at left tackle, Anderson at left guard, Trey Teague at center, Chris Villarrial at right guard, Mike Williams at right tackle."

I don't know if this has been posted before (I mean, the 'official' depth chart reflects last year's lineup), but I'm curious what people think of this as the starting day lineup. Long ways to go, but if it should happen, what do you think? Just curious - I'm not as knowledgable on the individual players skills as many here.

In the RD&C article on the TBD front page "Henry is an ace in Bills' deck for draft" Leo Roth quotes TD as saying the starting line as it stands now would be "Gandy at left tackle, Anderson at left guard, Trey Teague at center, Chris Villarrial at right guard, Mike Williams at right tackle."

I don't know if this has been posted before (I mean, the 'official' depth chart reflects last year's lineup), but I'm curious what people think of this as the starting day lineup. Long ways to go, but if it should happen, what do you think? Just curious - I'm not as knowledgable on the individual players skills as many here.

303530[/snapback]

What's the NFL sack record for a single season? Not getting sacks but taking them? I smell an opportunity here to rewrite the record books. :doh:

303530[/snapback]

gandy as starting LT sounds like a train wreck......can't see it happening.......

Which is why, like it or not, Arizona has us by the balls. . .

303569[/snapback]

i agree -- i'd do the one for one before ARZ picks up the phone and deals for another back or addresses it in the draft.......

i agree -- i'd do the one for one before ARZ picks up the phone and deals for another back or addresses it in the draft.......

303574[/snapback]

Without any outside situations being taken into consideration, I'd say Henry is a "more valuable" player. But right now, we need to adress the line. Our only real bargaining chip is Henry. We gave to get this done, with or without swapping picks.

Mike friggin Gandy as the starter at LT???  I can't see that happening.  If it does, TD ought to be tarred & feathered when JP gets mauled by Abraham or Taylor.

303578[/snapback]

Who knows what J-Mac can do with him? Trust them, they know what they are doing.

gandy as starting LT sounds like a train wreck......can't see it happening.......

303568[/snapback]

That's what I gathered from reading about him here on TSW, but I didn't know if TD was just whistling past the graveyard, or if it was seriously a consideration, or what. If you guys don't buy it, none of the other team's GMs will buy it. Bummer.

Who knows what J-Mac can do with him?  Trust them, they know what they are doing.

303584[/snapback]

just like they knew what they were doing when they failed to address the LG situation last off-season, instead deciding to stick with pucillo/smith/tucker?

sorry man, but they're not always right......

how many of you have actually seen mike gandy play a down? or lj shelton for that matter? i love the knee jerk reactions. as if you all scout football players for a living.

my god, this board is hliarious.

anyone who believes ANYTHING a GM is saying to the press in the weeks leading up to the draft is, to say the least, incredibly naive.

as an aside, does anybody know where i can get a set of cheeto jesus arms to go with the cheeto jesus legs i just bought on ebay?

how many of you have actually seen mike gandy play a down?  or lj shelton for that matter?  i love the knee jerk reactions.  as if you all scout football players for a living.

anyone who believes ANYTHING a GM is saying to the press in the weeks leading up to the draft is, to say the least, incredibly naive.

as an aside, does anybody know where i can get a set of cheeto jesus arms to go with the cheeto jesus legs i just bought on ebay?

303602[/snapback]

Sorry. Didn't realize we couldn't discuss football here.

Part of discussing is speculation.

(Man, I wish this wasn't the kindler, gentler TBD, because I really wanted to end that last sentence with ", jackass". But of course, I won't.)

how many of you have actually seen mike gandy play a down?  or lj shelton for that matter?  i love the knee jerk reactions.  as if you all scout football players for a living.

303602[/snapback]

I do have trust in McNally. He was the long-time OL coach of the B'gals, who unfortunately (but correctly) left the club a few years after Mike Brown took over the club after his father's demise.

303530[/snapback]

Nice job in leaving out the very next sentence in the article ; "Shifting Teague to left tackle and starting Ross Tucker at center is also a possibility."

which fits with the strategy of drafting a Center in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Teflon Tom probably should have said -" we have absolutely no plan on the roster for a LT and really, really need to pull off the Henry trade for Shelton." :doh:

yeah - right

303574[/snapback]

One thing that I'm thankful for is that you and stojan are not the GMs of the Buffalo Bills.

Sorry. Didn't realize we couldn't discuss football here.

Part of discussing is speculation.

(Man, I wish this wasn't the kindler, gentler TBD, because I really wanted to end that last sentence with ", jackass". But of course, I won't.)

303606[/snapback]

who said you couldn't discuss football? i'm merely laughing at the observations and "speculation." it's funny as hell.