MY girl sent me Omaha Steaks!

My baby sent me the Beef Lovers Package today. Totally unexpected and out of the blue. Makes me remember what a thoughtful and loving girl she is and how lucky I am that she chose a goofy guy like me.

This poor college boy will eat well for the rest of the semester thanks to the love of a true angel.

Just thought I'd lamp. :doh::P:lol:

My baby sent me the Beef Lovers Package today. Totally unexpected and out of the blue. Makes me remember what a thoughtful and loving girl she is and how lucky I am that she chose a goofy guy like me.

This poor college boy will eat well for the rest of the semester thanks to the love of a true angel.

Just thought I'd lamp. :doh:  :P  :lol:

303309[/snapback]

[insert joke about "Beef Lovers Package" here]

Just thought I'd lamp. :doh:  :lol:  :lol:

303309[/snapback]

Children don't get to pick their parents. :D

(sorry, that's what I thought until the poor college boy part. Of course, if you've been in college for 12 years, and started late...... :) ).

CW

Just thought I'd lamp. :lol:  :lol:  :D

303309[/snapback]

Did somebody hear that crack of the whip :doh:

I have ordered omaha twice now for christmas for my parents and siblings (plus a package for me and the missus while I was at it)

You have to really dig on the internet to find the best deals - believe me they have a zillion all with different prices.

I like the strips and the filets myself.

Marry this girl!  :lol:

But teach her to go to a local beef farmer --- much cheaper, no chance of preservatives, etc., and you support the local economy.

303474[/snapback]

If she really loved you, she would have sent KOBE beef! :doh:

Enjoy the steaks, you know when I was your age, we didn't have steaks at college, we were lucky to have 60-40 ground beef and I had to walk..........

Do yourself a huge favor and cook those in your broiler, and NOT on the grill.

Assuming your broiler is inside the over, place the rack to the highest spot (rack should be about 3 - 4 " from burners). PreHeat the broiler. Throw the steaks on a cookie sheet. After you put them in, leave the over door open a bit. Most ovens have this built in where it will "catch" and stick open about 2 inches. Cook 3 minutes, flip, and cook 2-3 more. Thank me later.

:doh:

303517[/snapback]

That is possibly the most ridiculous statement you have ever made here. There is nothing better that a fine steak hot off the grill. Are you sure you're a man? :doh:

Children don't get to pick their parents.  :doh:

(sorry, that's what I thought until the poor college boy part.  Of course, if you've been in college for 12 years, and started late...... :lol: ).

CW

303353[/snapback]

Nah my parents are doin fine. They have been more than generous. Its me that should be taking better care of my end. :lol:

That is possibly the most ridiculous statement you have ever made here.  There is nothing better that a fine steak hot off the grill.  Are you sure you're a man? :doh:

303626[/snapback]

I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous. Have you tried it under the broiler?

When you cook on a grill, you're cooking over slats, and all that does is let all the juice drip off the steak. That, and most people end up over cooking.

Also, I think when get Omaha steaks, that is how they recommend cooking them.

Assuming your broiler is inside the over, place the rack to the highest spot (rack should be about 3 - 4 " from burners). PreHeat the broiler. Throw the steaks on a cookie sheet. After you put them in, leave the over door open a bit. Most ovens have this built in where it will "catch" and stick open about 2 inches. Cook 3 minutes, flip, and cook 2-3 more.  Thank me later.

:doh:

303517[/snapback]

really? broil em eh? I was gonna go for the grill cause we're probably gonna have a nice day on friday and nothing better than being outside with your people drinking brews and grillin out.

but i mean, if its as good as you say, i'm very tempted now. by the way, I am talking about charcoal grilling, don't mess with gas...

Just thought I'd lamp. :doh:  :lol:  :lol:

303309[/snapback]

If they were all whole tenderloins, she's probably trying to tell you something. :D

If she really loved you, she would have sent KOBE beef! :doh:

Enjoy the steaks, you know when I was your age, we didn't have steaks at college, we were lucky to have 60-40 ground beef and I had to walk..........

303488[/snapback]

....uphill, both ways in snow. :lol: Nah I'm just playing. Yeah this will a huge change to my normal diet of frozen lasagna and the occaisonal pizza. I don't know if my body body can handle the shock...