That Point Differential thing, Wk 12 Version

All teams have had a bye, so there's no difference between wins and win %.  But I kept % 'cuz I had it set up that way.
We're starting to see teams separate themselves where the 9ers, NE, and the Poebirds are the Big Dawgs with the Vikes, Boys, Bills, and KC starting to cluster as the second tier chasing them.

Could just be me, but I haven't heard as much talk about how the Bills are the worst 8-3 team in the history of the league lately.  I guess how we play on Thursday will drive whether it flares up or damps down further.

For some reason, my label on Oak didn't cut'n'paste in, but they're standing out right now as a 6 win team with a negative point differential.  That's them at 55% and -5.1.

Enjoy!  (or skip if you don't find value)

image.thumb.png.ab0d0f07827dbb9d924273c17821085a.pngimage.thumb.png.6c13fa3255da6dc01f0d169aa5e28bad.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

It’s hard to believe that our point differential is as good or better than some of these high powered offenses with star power at QB. 

It's because our D averages only 15.7 points a game against....you don't need to score a lot of points when the D is so good at keeping the other team off the board.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Could just be me, but I haven't heard as much talk about how the Bills are the worst 8-3 team in the history of the league lately.  I guess how we play on Thursday will drive whether it flares up or damps down further.

I think its just you.  ;)  ;)  :D:D

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It’s hard to believe that our point differential is as good or better than some of these high powered offenses with star power at QB. 

Defenses win Championships   (so I've heard) 

Are the stars aligning?  Both on offense and defense, the points are lining up with the more oft-cited yardage stats.  In McD's previous years the yards and points were out of whack.

This is further proof that Bills are not a mirage.

On 11/26/2019 at 12:16 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All teams have had a bye, so there's no difference between wins and win %.  But I kept % 'cuz I had it set up that way.
We're starting to see teams separate themselves where the 9ers, NE, and the Poebirds are the Big Dawgs with the Vikes, Boys, Bills, and KC starting to cluster as the second tier chasing them.

Continuing on that upward trend in point differential and the Bills are squarely in the group of teams most would consider top teams in the NFL.

• 1 month later...

There were 14 teams with a + point differential and 11 made the playoffs. There were 18 teams with a - point differential and only 1 made the playoffs (Houston with a -7 - and they had a + differential until resting their starters in the last game).

1911840628_Pointdifferential.thumb.jpg.69f30226fb50854a544b9eeed07e1035.jpg