[OT] Anyone out there own a cell phone?

I weep for the future...

*DING* Hotpockets are done!

302748[/snapback]

I only got a cell phone about a year and a half ago. I just found it to be an uneccessary cost for me personally. Only when my wife became pregnant did she finally convince me that it might be a good idea to have one. Now I get grief from people because my phone is an older model. :doh: I weep as well....

A new study reveals that 14 percent of the world's users have stopped in the middle of a sex act to answer their cellphones.

On the bright side, it stands to reason that these people will be producing less offspring.

:doh:

I only got a cell phone about a year and a half ago.  I just found it to be an uneccessary cost for me personally.  Only when my wife became pregnant did she finally convince me that it might be a good idea to have one.  Now I get grief from people because my phone is an older model.   :doh: I weep as well....

302769[/snapback]

Same here. What a total waste of money cell phones are. I never turn the thing on and if I in the rare occasion I get voice mail... It bothers the piss out of me to have to check it.

I just leave it in the car in case of an emergency.

Again, total waste of money.

Wow... Do I sound like a cranky old geezer?

My favorite line:

"Don't bother calling me on the cell phone, cause it won't be on!"

Same here.  What a total waste of money cell phones are.  I never turn the thing on and if I in the rare occasion I get voice mail... It bothers the piss out of me to have to check it.

I just leave it in the car in case of an emergency.

Again, total waste of money.

Wow... Do I sound like a cranky old geezer?

My favorite line:

"Don't bother calling me on the cell phone, cause it won't be on!"

302997[/snapback]

I wish I didn't have to have one... I only got one because my job requires it since I'm on call 24/7/365 (or thereabouts... :doh: ). Pretty much sucks. Think of that next time you complain about your IT department at work.

I even had to leave my company the name and number of the flat I was staying in when going to London for my honeymoon several years ago. *sigh* We wisened up and took a cruise to Alaska last year -- no cell towers on a cruise ship (although that's changing now as well.... :P ).

We're too connected in this world.

CW

I wish I didn't have to have one...  I only got one because my job requires it since I'm on call 24/7/365 (or thereabouts... :lol: ).  Pretty much sucks.  Think of that next time you complain about your IT department at work.

I even had to leave my company the name and number of the flat I was staying in when going to London for my honeymoon several years ago.  *sigh*  We wisened up and took a cruise to Alaska last year -- no cell towers on a cruise ship (although that's changing now as well.... :lol: ).

We're too connected in this world.

CW

303003[/snapback]

:lol:

Seems we agree Fez. BTW, what is your take on "statue" QB's? I bet we aren't too far off?

:P:lol::doh:

The younger crowd can't live without them. In fact a couple of our younger employees do not have a conventional landline in their homes, just their cell phones. Their forever walking around the office engaged in personel conversations. Bugs the piss out of me!

The younger crowd can't live without them. In fact a couple of our younger employees do not have a conventional landline in their homes, just their cell phones. Their forever walking around the office engaged in personel conversations. Bugs the piss out of me!

303053[/snapback]

Tell me! They have become so prevalent.

Last summer a tow boat pilot was having it out with "his old lady" (not my words yet, fitting) in the pilot house while he was trying to navigate down river with 6 loaded barges (680'x70'... 9,000 tons) above the lock, his pilot house was fully up. Funny thing is he forgot about the first fixed bridge and didn't retract his pilot house down. The allision with the bridge did a real number on things. Quite a site!Good thing it didn't tear it right off and kill him! He must have been getting into the conversation because he didn't even make an attempt to pull the pilot house down?? How in the heck to you do something like that when at most you are going a very slow walk??

I bet it was one heck of a converstaion!