Cleveland Fans Triggered by Mike Tomlin

Just now, OZBILLS said:

Hoping it will be better.

I really want a war. Can they help themselves? Might work in our favour with Steelers coming up :)

last time i was all hopped up was when Domi and Probert were hyped to have 6 battles on the ice, they didn't even bump into each other all night  :(

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

last time i was all hopped up was when Domi and Probert were hyped to have 6 battles on the ice, they didn't even bump into each other all night  :(

It's one of the only things I have to look forward to...let me have this! :D

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cleveland fans can cry all they want, Garrett is still the scumbag here.

Everything that happened was "regular football stuff" all the way to the point that Garrett decided to cross the line and swing a helmet at an unprotected head. Doesnt matter what lead up to it because nothing else crossed any lines. HE crossed the line.

Funny enough, not a SINGLE player-turned-analyst has defended Garrett. Not even some of the dumber ones that normally look for contrarian hot takes. Every one of them agrees Garrett was the one and only one to cross the line.

That's true, but I believe I've heard several of the analysts who were defenders say that Rudolph should face something for his role

Edit: Rudolph now says "my Bad"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001078888/article/rudolph-i-fell-short-of-nfl-steelers-standards-in-fight

7 hours ago, Mango said:

I get the whole MR went for Myles Garrets helmet first. I have 2 thoughts on that:

1. Mason Rudolph didn’t succeed in taking his helmet off and then also did not swing it at anybody’s head. 

2. It was a late hit and MG was driving the QB into the ground. Both penalties. The whole thing looked like a scuffle on the ground, that happens sometimes in football. Not a huge deal until....

I am with Tomlin on this one. 

Likewise. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's true, but I believe I've heard several of the analysts who were defenders say that Rudolph should face something for his role

Yea Willie McDimest was on NFLN making that particular nonsensical argument on Sunday. 

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Cleveland fans can cry all they want, Garrett is still the scumbag here.

Everything that happened was "regular football stuff" all the way to the point that Garrett decided to cross the line and swing a helmet at an unprotected head. Doesnt matter what lead up to it because nothing else crossed any lines. HE crossed the line.

Funny enough, not a SINGLE player-turned-analyst has defended Garrett. Not even some of the dumber ones that normally look for contrarian hot takes. Every one of them agrees Garrett was the one and only one to cross the line.

Exactly. 

9 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Really the only teachable moment here is that you don't need to run a play (other than kneeling) with 8 seconds left and down 2 TDs.  Doubt Tomlin learns from this, though since he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

And I'm not excusing Myles Garret at all, I think he was clearly in the wrong; Tomlin had zero chance to win the game and shouldn't have run an actual play in this particular instance.

I think Tomlin is  a tired man   He has been coaching this since 2005 and it is a trying season....Also why wouldn;t you be upset when the Browns went head hunting against so many players in that game.

18 hours ago, blacklabel said:

To this point here, Garrett stayed on top of Rudolph after he dragged him down and words were exchanged. My guess is whatever was said there (in addition to having a crap game and the late hit) was the reason Rudolph went at him. When DeCastro got in between them it seemed like the situation was deescalating, but Rudolph kept shoving and then got hit with the helmet. Garrett is obviously way out of line but I was surprised Rudolph didn't get a fine for continuing the scuffle when it looked like DeCastro had them separated. By the way, I love DeCastro's actions after Garrett swung the helmet, he's like, "Alright, I was being nice but now I'm just gonna sit on you until you calm yo tiddies."

Word from the league was he will be fined.  Haven't heard how much yet.

11 hours ago, nemhoff said:

The Browns just can't have nice things...even in a win they are losers

That pretty much seemed to be what Baker was saying after the game.

• Like (+1) 1