The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

that’s not true. At best it’s unclear.  There is precedent for impeachment of district judges for conduct before he was in office. 

If Dems thought they had him on that, we’d have seen this charade last year. Point is they don’t, and Tibs still can’t point to a single “crime” committed by this president. No one can. 

They had him under a FISA and were searching for anything they could pin on him. 

And found nothing. 

Full stop. 

JRober is an NPC. He can't square the above in his own head, because it destroys what he's been programmed to say/think/feel about Trump's "crimes", thus he ignores it. It's cognitive dissonance in real time. 

This is him in real time reading the above: 

Image result for NPC meltdown meme

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They've also all written editorials calling for Trump's impeachment, and are simply reiterating them.

Gerhardt's now calling for Trump's ignoring congressional subpoenas a reason for impeachment.  Because obstruction of Congress is impeachable.  Unless you're Eric Holder.

• Like (+1) 2

How have we lost our way to the extent that Jerry Nadler, who has hated Trump for decades, is running a committee to put forth Trump for impeachment in the House? How can anyone take this committee seriously when it has Hank Johnson, the guy that wondered if Guam might tip over, sitting on it? Witness Pamela Karlan sounded as if she was at a campaign rally trying to convince people of "something". Constitutional Scholar, my ass.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She's going to be very ineffective at turning any public sentiment. 

(They all will be terrible at it but she just came off terribly.)

She openly misquoted the phone call she referenced in her ridiculous analogy.  

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Untrue.  The Judiciary Republicans have been given <20 hours.  Democrats had plenty of time.  The hearing will be substantially less useful if Republicans are given time to prepare.

• Like (+1) 1

Even Trump’s lap dog Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) was not going to buy into the Trump lie on Ukraine hacking the Democratic National Committee. “It was the Russians. I’m 1,000 percent confident that the hack of the DNC was by Russian operatives, no one else,” he told the media Tuesday. “I’ve got no doubt that it was the Russians who stole the DNC emails. It wasn’t Ukraine. Russia was behind the stolen DNC emails and [John] Podesta and all that good stuff.” He added, “So as to the Ukraine, they had zero to do with the hacking of the DNC and the stealing of the emails. Whether or not people from the Ukraine met with DNC operatives, I don’t know. All I’ve seen is press reports that no one has validated.”

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's the "friendliest" one on the panel for the Republicans:

Jonathan Turley (George Washington University Law)

Anti-Trump guy thinks these proceedings are dangerous. 

Chairman Creosote must be regretting calling Turley right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's the "friendliest" one on the panel for the Republicans:

Jonathan Turley (George Washington University Law)

Anti-Trump guy thinks these proceedings are dangerous. 

It's a mad, mad world ?

Edited by Uncle Joe