A request to keep a friend of mine in your

Campy

I have a friend of mine (and former coworker) named Matt who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December of '04. In November he was as healthy and as "normal" as normal could be.

By February he could only walk by using a cane.

He moved back home to be nearer to his parents in Carlisle, PA, but just today I learned that he's now in a wheelchair and is unable to walk. He was a health-nut, he worked out daily and ran marathons "for fun." I guess it just kind of shows that MS does not discriminate.

Please keep Matt in your thoughts and prayers - he truly is a good guy with a good heart, and he really doesn't deserve this fate.

On a related note, I'd like to thank all of my friends at TBD/TSW. This morning was the Hampton Roads MS Walk For A Cure at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. In no small part due to the sponsorship and pledges of all of you folks, we raised over $1400 to help find a cure for MS!!!!

A great number of you offered pledges, while others of you offered your thoughts and well-wishes. I'm truly grateful.

If you have the resources, please consider sponsoring our own Rockpile in the Rochester MS Walk For A Cure.

The average Joe Six Pack (not THAT JoeSixPack) would be surprised to learn how many of us regular and semi-regular TBD/TSWers have MS. Any sponsorship that you can make on Rockpile's behalf will not only help to find a cure and prevent MS, but will do the same for associated conditions like Devics Syndrome. I know, I never heard of it before either, but close one eye, look through an empty cardboard paper towel roll with the other, and you have a pretty good idea of what Devics is like - trust me.

Again, thank you for supporting me in today's MS Walk, please consider sponsoring our friend Rockpile, and please keep my friend Matt in your thoughts and prayers.

Slainte'

-Chris.

Oh and the very elderly with illnesses such as Alzheimer's. 

This isn't entirely on-topic, but it's related:

http://folding.stanford.edu/

If you want to help researches find a cure for Alzheimers, Parkinson's, Mad Cow, etc, you can download this "Folding@Home" program and just let it run on your computer. It'll use extra CPU cycles when you're not doing anything, so you won't even know it's there.

And if you want to join a team, type in 3074 (2cpu.com -- 5th highest ranked team overall, and the team I'm a member of). The team doesn't really matter, but it's fun to "chase" people. :(

CW

VERY sorry to hear about your friend. Give Matt my best wishes. He will be in my prayers. :blink:

For those who do not know, there are two types of MS.

Relapsing Remitting: mostly controlled my medications but still jumps out to slap you around now and again. This is what I have. I am very lucky! :(

Chronic Progressive: Things just get worse at an unknown rate, like going down a slide.

You can go from R/R to C/P without warning. This sounds like what happened to Matt.

GREAT JOB fund raising, Chris! Thanks also for the chance for me to do my weekly MS WALK 2005 "bump". My team is up to $500 in donations (mostly from TSW), and the Rochester Walk is May 1st. Thanks to all. :doh:

If you want to sponsor me and if you can, here is the link to my site.

God Bless you all!

Rockpile's Page My "diary" from last year's walk.

I have a friend of mine (and former coworker) named Matt who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December of '04.  In November he was as healthy and as "normal" as normal could be. 

By February he could only walk by using a cane. 

He moved back home to be nearer to his parents in Carlisle, PA, but just today I learned that he's now in a wheelchair and is unable to walk.  He was a health-nut, he worked out daily and ran marathons "for fun."  I guess it just kind of shows that MS does not discriminate. 

Please keep Matt in your thoughts and prayers - he truly is a good guy with a good heart, and he really doesn't deserve this fate.

On a related note, I'd like to thank all of my friends at TBD/TSW.  This morning was the Hampton Roads MS Walk For A Cure at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.  In no small part due to the sponsorship and pledges of all of you folks, we raised over $1400 to help find a cure for MS!!!!

A great number of you offered pledges, while others of you offered your thoughts and well-wishes.  I'm truly grateful. 

If you have the resources, please consider sponsoring our own Rockpile in the Rochester MS Walk For A Cure. 

The average Joe Six Pack (not THAT JoeSixPack) would be surprised to learn how many of us regular and semi-regular TBD/TSWers have  MS.  Any sponsorship that you can make on Rockpile's behalf will not only help to find a cure and prevent MS, but will do the same for associated conditions like Devics Syndrome.  I know, I never heard of it before either, but close one eye, look through an empty cardboard paper towel roll with the other, and you have a pretty good idea of what Devics is like - trust me. 

Again, thank you for supporting me in today's MS Walk, please consider sponsoring our friend Rockpile, and please keep my friend Matt in your thoughts and prayers.

Slainte'

-Chris.

301148[/snapback]