Trump on United States Constitution - "Phony"

29 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He probably meant "You phony people with this Emoluments Clause."

For a guy you readily admit can't put together coherent thoughts, you're awfully quick to credit his thoughts with coherence.

As is often the case, Trump’s blunderbuss style is far from ideal, but is useful in showing the rot in the establishment.

5 minutes ago, Albwan said:

He said he was going to pay for the whole thing on his dime...democrats are so stupid.

I say Trump should cough up his tax info, provided every other politician does as well

Lets get it all out in the open.

Trump said?!?!? Lol!!!

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Were you personally fooled by Schiff's opening statement?  Since Trump already released the actual 'transcript' a day or two before, I would be curious how many people were fooled into thinking this was Trump's exact words from the call.   I certainly knew he was paraphrasing and possibly exaggerating.  Were you personally aware of the transcript prior to hearing Schiff's admittedly ill advised parody?

Sounds like you agree with the sentiment that Republicans peak literally and Democrats speak in metaphors.

Just now, GG said:

Sounds like you agree with the sentiment that Republicans peak literally and Democrats speak in metaphors.

Literally

"You people with this phony Emoluments Clause" - Donald Trump

Why do you support a president who literally ***** on the constitution? 

Edited by Gary Busey
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Were you personally fooled by Schiff's opening statement?  Since Trump already released the actual 'transcript' a day or two before, I would be curious how many people were fooled into thinking this was Trump's exact words from the call.   I certainly knew he was paraphrasing and possibly exaggerating.  Were you personally aware of the transcript prior to hearing Schiff's admittedly ill advised parody?

There were millions who didn't read the transcript, never would read the transcript, and consume their information through the traditional media sources -- all of whom showed that speech in clips, intentionally blurring the line. 

To deny this is reality is to make excuses. It's not honest. What Schiff and the media did was intentional disinformation. They lied to the public because they know millions are too stupid to think for themselves... (cough)

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Why do you support a president who literally ***** on the constitution? 

This has nothing to do with supporting the POTUS, but asking why do you have a double standard?

Perhaps that's why you've become a meme.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gary Busey said:

Do you support the president who literally ***** on the constitution? 

What's worse, a committee chair who lied in a formal committee hearing or the POTUS who made an offhand remark to a bunch of reporters?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Only tibsy could post a reply laughing at someone taking Trump’s word 

in a thread based on something Trump said

Amazing.

Wow! This is truely dumb. No wonder you are a cultist, you don't follow arguments very well. 

Just now, GG said:

What's worse, a committee chair who lied in a formal committee hearing or the POTUS who made an offhand remark to a bunch of reporters?

The president continually violating the constitution and then showing he could care less about it. 

Just now, GG said:

This is why you're a disingenuous partisan hack.

GG just wrote that!!! 

:worthy:

trumpgolfs.jpg

This is why you're a disingenuous partisan hack who can't support an argument.

How much of the constitution must the current president disparage for it to register on your radar?

Did he do it as the presiding chair of an important House committee hearing?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

This is why you're a disingenuous partisan hack who can't support an argument.

My argument (it's not even an argument, really, it's just a quote) is what Trump literally said.

Your argument is that when Republicans speak they are always literal.

When asked about what Trump literally said you call me a partisan hack.

Can you support your argument? 

My argument (it's not even an argument, really, it's just a quote) is what Trump literally said.

Your argument is that when Republicans speak they are always literal.

When asked about what Trump literally said you call me a partisan hack.

Can you support your argument? 

If you hold Trump's literal words to a group of journalists as a sign of treachery, what is your opinion on the literal words of the chair of the house judiciary committee?   

Which literal words are more dangerous to the country?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

How much of the constitution must the current president disparage for it to register on your radar?

He didn't disparage any part of the Constitution and anyone with any sense knows that.

Your incessantly repetition of this idiotic tripe demonstrates only that you're a ¢unt.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GG said:

If you hold Trump's literal words to a group of journalists as a sign of treachery, what is your opinion on the literal words of the chair of the house judiciary committee?   

Which literal words are more dangerous to the country?

You're the one who said Democrats speak in metaphors and that Republicans speak literally, so why would you care about the literal words of a Democrat?

My opinion using your thesis (Republicans are literal, Democrats are metaphorical) is that Trump's literal words are more dangerous to the country.

Just now, Rob's House said:

He didn't disparage any part of the Constitution

He called Article I, Section 9 of the Constitution phony. 

Just now, Rob's House said:

¢unt.

Kiss your mom with that mouth?

Only an absolute moron would believe that.

Some get mad, and some just bear it,

but if the shoe fits wear it.

3 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

You're the one who said Democrats speak in metaphors and that Republicans speak literally, so why would you care about the literal words of a Democrat?

My opinion using your thesis (Republicans are literal, Democrats are metaphorical) is that Trump's literal words are more dangerous to the country.

I repeated the oft-cited excuse of language parsing by the sideline mob, which you continue in this thread - Republicans are to be taken literally, but Democrats are given a pass because they never speak literally.  

So if we take your concerns at their true literal value, Republican words could be more dangerous or they could be more beneficial to the country because they are literal and serious.  Democrat words shouldn't matter because metaphors aren't real (kind of like usurping a celebrity's real name as an online persona).