Are there any Debbie Downers in your family?

Another Fan

9 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Buffalo Bills GIF - Buffalo Bills Johnbrown GIFs

i'd say even a little more upbeat.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Both of my parents.  

I was at their house last week to watch the game.  I ate too many appetizers before the game where I didn’t feel like lunch anymore.  My dad told me I was selfish and ruined the Sunday meal because I wasn’t hungry.

he did not.

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Both of my parents.  

I was at their house last week to watch the game.  I ate too many appetizers before the game where I didn’t feel like lunch anymore.  My dad told me I was selfish and ruined the Sunday meal because I wasn’t hungry.

Oh heavens....no wonder you have an alchohol problem. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Oh heavens....no wonder you have an alchohol problem. 

My dad can be the biggest ####### in the world.  My high school baseball coach once asked me after practice if I wanted my dad banned from games.

My dad would sit in his fold out chair next to the dugout and if I had a bad at bat or game...he would literally talk trash to me.  Other parents felt sorry for me and talked to the coach.  I said no just because it would cause more problems at home.  

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My dad can be the biggest ####### in the world.  My high school baseball coach once asked me after practice if I wanted my dad banned from games.

My dad would sit in his fold out chair next to the dugout and if I had a bad at bat or game...he would literally talk trash to me.  Other parents felt sorry for me and talked to the coach.  I said no just because it would cause more problems at home.  

Great.....now I feel like a dick. If it makes you feel any better, my dad and I were out in the bay once when I was about 9. I was treading water because I couldn't touch the ground. He couldnt swim well and lost is footing. In an effort to keep from going under he used my head to steady himself and pushed me under the water until he regained his balance. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Great.....now I feel like a dick. If it makes you feel any better, my dad and I were out in the bay once when I was about 9. I was treading water because I couldn't touch the ground. He couldnt swim well and lost is footing. In an effort to keep from going under he used my head to steady himself and pushed me under the water until he regained his balance. 

when i was 8 i was a soccer goalie and during warmups one night my father just ripped into me fiercely and i started crying and 3 other fathers came over and told him to cut it out

that net looks a lot larger when you are in the midst of that...

19 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm fine.  My dad has been an ####### my whole life so I'm used to it.  I'm less angry now as I get older because I'm learning my dad just can't help it.  He has zero impulse control.  He's overall a good person but doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.  My uncle started sharing stories with me about my dad when he was younger.....he's always been this way.  It was hard to go out with bars with my dad when he was younger because he always wanted to fight other people.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

37 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm fine.  My dad has been an ####### my whole life so I'm used to it.  I'm less angry now as I get older because I'm learning my dad just can't help it.  He has zero impulse control.  He's overall a good person but doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.  My uncle started sharing stories with me about my dad when he was younger.....he's always been this way.  It was hard to go out with bars with my dad when he was younger because he always wanted to fight other people.

Yes I can relate. My father was no prince either.