Chinese begin to worry U.S. militarily

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The growing friction between Japan and China, fueled by rising nationalism in both countries, is just one of the political developments exacerbating tensions in East Asia."

Hmm... sounds vaguely familiar. Manchuka anyone?

Interesting read, thanks for the link.

"The growing friction between Japan and China, fueled by rising nationalism in both countries, is just one of the political developments exacerbating tensions in East Asia."

Hmm... sounds vaguely familiar.  Manchuka anyone?

Interesting read, thanks for the link.

300225[/snapback]

Asia is a crazy continent. They all hate each other and most of them have nukes

the US is just getting worried...Japan and Taiwan are quaking in their boots

300310[/snapback]

The US should be worried.

China now has a bunch of our cutting edge technology including our HARPY program courtesy of our friends the Israelis, who we sold it to under the misguided notion that they wouldn't screw us. Why we continue to allow Israel to keep bending us over without even the courtesy of a reach around is beyond me.

I'm glad Rummy went there last week to inform their Defense Minister of our displeasure with them for selling us out to China. I hope they listen, but given how we just keep letting them bend us over time and time again, I have my doubts.

the US is just getting worried...Japan and Taiwan are quaking in their boots

300310[/snapback]

the US has been worried, just not publicly. they're a big trading partner and they don't want to ruin all that cheap labor by airing our grievences

during the clinton administration, the military saw the emerging threat. unfortunately they weren't able to do much while china was funding clinton and gore's campaigns

during the bush2 administration, the military is seeing the threat continue to worsen. unfortunately they're not up to the challange as bush has our forces spread so thin and focused on his *great crusade* in the middle east

the US has been worried, just not publicly.  they're a big trading partner and they don't want to ruin all that cheap labor by airing our grievences

300336[/snapback]

Actually, the US and the EU are considering re-imposing quotas on Chinese imports because of concern that the number of imports, particularly textile imports, are harming domestic industry. If that happens, then China would close their doors to us and the EU, and that would eliminate a very profitable market for EU- and US-manufactured goods.

Looking at American history, protectionist trade policies haven't been very successful, but it seems almost like a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Actually, the US and the EU are considering re-imposing quotas on Chinese imports because of concern that the number of imports, particularly textile imports, are harming domestic industry.  If that happens, then China would close their doors to us and the EU, and that would eliminate a very profitable market for EU- and US-manufactured goods. 

Looking at American history, protectionist trade policies haven't been very successful, but it seems almost like a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

300344[/snapback]

That strikes me as something that would worry China as much as us. Chinese economic growth is to a great degree fuelled by the imbalance of trade we have with them. Were a trade war to occur, China arguably has more to lose than we do. Hell, given that oil prices are being driven up by increasing consumption by the Chinese economy, slowing down or even reversing Chinese economic growth, and hence oil consumption, might even provide an economic stimulus to the US. Probably not...but stranger things have happened.

Asia is a crazy continent.  They all hate each other and most of them have nukes

300232[/snapback]

That's funny ... cause I hate them all too, each and every one of them.

The US should be worried. 

China now has a bunch of our cutting edge technology including our HARPY program courtesy of our friends the Israelis, who we sold it to under the misguided notion that they wouldn't screw us.  Why we continue to allow Israel to keep bending us over without even the courtesy of a reach around is beyond me. 

I'm glad Rummy went there last week to inform their Defense Minister of our displeasure with them for selling us out to China.  I hope they listen, but given how we just keep letting them bend us over time and time again, I have my doubts.

300331[/snapback]

Do you really need an answer to that??? Think about it man. Jewish people own this country. Them and the asians...