"Reverend" Kyle Williams?

Commish

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

And there's a growing % of the population who aren't religious so they don't need or necessarily want an ordained minister.

My wife and I aren't very religious, but we were raised Catholic so like many in our situation we had a priest do the honors.  He taught my wife in HS and was still close to her circle of friends so it was nice to have someone with a personal connection and be able to make our mothers happy.

Why go through the weeks of meetings with the minister and all the BS to ask Why are you getting married, are you being pressured, will you accept God and raise you blah blah 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Why go through the weeks of meetings with the minister and all the BS to ask Why are you getting married, are you being pressured, will you accept God and raise you blah blah 

We didn't do any of that nonsense.  Most priests will readily acknowledge that's all bullsh-- if you really know them and/or are a real adult and not some 23 year old idiot getting married years before they should.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Catholic? We had to do the same thing... classes... blah blah blah...

• Like (+1) 1

It's easy because being "ordained" in this case (eyes of the state) just amounts to be a credible witness.

What's really to it?  Nothing more than saying: " Yeah, I married those two.  It's all legit."

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Raised Catholic.    Married at all All Faith Church so while "meetings" were still there it was limited to one, maybe 2.  

Catholic here.  1994, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, Orchard Park.

No Pre-Cana.

Here is the Wiki link for non-Catholics:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Cana

11 hours ago, John Adams said:

Nice and judgey of you. Most people care about who officiates and that's why it's great that anyone can do it, including people who mean something special to the couple but who may not have years of seminary school. The best ceremonies are the ones where the people participating (not just the couple) know and love each other. 

are you judging me?

On 10/3/2019 at 12:54 PM, KD in CA said:

We didn't do any of that nonsense.  Most priests will readily acknowledge that's all bullsh-- if you really know them and/or are a real adult and not some 23 year old idiot getting married years before they should.

I got married by the priest of the church I grew up with (Catholic).  Since my bride just came in country a day earlier he knew no time for series of meetings so he just had short meeting with us, told me it was sacrament for me only and then blessed marriage and married us on Sunday.  It may have helped that I told him I was just married in Hong Kong a couple days earlier on previous Sunday.

Our Lady of Good Counsel, Blasdell, NY.

Went to Sunday school many years

Married in 1988.

My philosophy: You replace cars not wives so import wife and domestic cars.