"Reverend" Kyle Williams?

Commish

You can get ordained online for free in about 15 minutes answering 3 questions by a whole gaggle of ministries. 

We had a good friend ordained to lead our wedding ceremony. It is becoming more and more common. 

When you complete the “test” online to earn your “credentials” some of the sites allow you to select a title (yes, even Dalai Lama was a choice). 

Idk if he has any religious beliefs or not, but just about anybody could be a “revered” with the click of a mouse. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

He did the online thing. He discussed it on the NFLN pre-game show. Which he was pretty decent on by the way. He must be hoping the Bills become nationally relevant because there is a niche there for him as NFLN's Bills answer to Willie McGinest for the Pats.

1 hour ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

In the Bill's halftime wedding video, Kyle Williams is shown as "Reverend Kyle Williams". I know he's a religious guy, but I see no reference anywhere to him being an ordained minister. Does anyone else know differently?

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/wedding-of-the-century

Anyone can go online and become "certified" to marry people.   

Are they classified as "Reverend" when they do so?  

but I believe the more common term in "Ordained Minister"

Become Ordained Online; Check County Marriage Requirements; Order Supplies ... ULC Ordination Recognized: Not Generally; Minister Registration Required: Yes ..... ordained ministers of the Universal Life Church, among other individuals.

2 hours ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

In the Bill's halftime wedding video, Kyle Williams is shown as "Reverend Kyle Williams". I know he's a religious guy, but I see no reference anywhere to him being an ordained minister. Does anyone else know differently?

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/wedding-of-the-century

I'm a 'Reverend'. I've married a few couples. You go online , give them your name, email.... and you're in. It is very common.

46 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Anyone can go online and become "certified" to marry people.   

Are they classified as "Reverend" when they do so?  

but I believe the more common term in "Ordained Minister"

Become Ordained Online; Check County Marriage Requirements; Order Supplies ... ULC Ordination Recognized: Not Generally; Minister Registration Required: Yes ..... ordained ministers of the Universal Life Church, among other individuals.

I'm with Universal Life Church, Reverend is a term they use, that is how you sign the marriage license.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Having gone through 3 years of seminary and a rather grueling process to be ordained and recognized as clergy in a major denomination,  I'm not especially happy about these fly by night internet outfits that grant ordinations for nothing, but they are a reality.  I knew a florist who got an ordination so he could offer package deals.  My nephew, who is an atheist as far as I know, got an online ordination so he could officiate a double wedding for his identical twin sisters in Scotland.

16 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Having gone through 3 years of seminary and a rather grueling process to be ordained and recognized as clergy in a major denomination,  I'm not especially happy about these fly by night internet outfits that grant ordinations for nothing, but they are a reality.  I knew a florist who got an ordination so he could offer package deals.  My nephew, who is an atheist as far as I know, got an online ordination so he could officiate a double wedding for his identical twin sisters in Scotland.

I think people who see their wedding as the first day of a life long marriage will seek out someone like you.  People who see a wedding as a singular celebration of their current romantic love centered around a reception likely care less about who officiates.  

13 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I think people who see their wedding as the first day of a life long marriage will seek out someone like you.  People who see a wedding as a singular celebration of their current romantic love centered around a reception likely care less about who officiates.  

Nice and judgey of you. Most people care about who officiates and that's why it's great that anyone can do it, including people who mean something special to the couple but who may not have years of seminary school. The best ceremonies are the ones where the people participating (not just the couple) know and love each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

Nice and judgey of you. Most people care about who officiates and that's why it's great that anyone can do it, including people who mean something special to the couple but who may not have years of seminary school. The best ceremonies are the ones where the people participating (not just the couple) know and love each other. 

And there's a growing % of the population who aren't religious so they don't need or necessarily want an ordained minister.

My wife and I aren't very religious, but we were raised Catholic so like many in our situation we had a priest do the honors.  He taught my wife in HS and was still close to her circle of friends so it was nice to have someone with a personal connection and be able to make our mothers happy.

• Like (+1) 3