Satellite view of the Ralph

Campy

Playing around with the google satellite thingy and I stumbled upon this view of the Ralph.

It looks cool, but I somehow expected it to look differently. To my eyes, it's easy to see how it's built down into the ground and not up like most other stadiums.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is how much money the guy who owns the lot behind the field house makes. ...we always park there and I'm sure the smartest thing that guy ever did was not sell the land to the bills....

Playing around with the google satellite thingy and I stumbled upon this view of the Ralph. 

It looks cool, but I somehow expected it to look differently.  To my eyes, it's easy to see how it's built down into the ground and not up like most other stadiums.

299311[/snapback]

I've been playing with Google maps for the last 3 days...its amazing.

I've actually got a pretty good (and large) screen shot of the RWS area - was going to create a new tailgate map in time for the home opener.

Click down twice and you'll see the house I grew up in =)  Used to love Bills games there.. could hear "Shout!" and the crowd after every score!

299364[/snapback]

This is great... I'm taking all of the road around to family members' homes. I can see the shed my grandfather and I built up when I was ~13.

Home. Sick.. Bah.

Click down twice and you'll see the house I grew up in =)  Used to love Bills games there.. could hear "Shout!" and the crowd after every score!

299364[/snapback]

If you were a REAL fan, you would've been IN the stadium :lol:

CW

I've been playing with Google maps for the last 3 days...its amazing.

I've actually got a pretty good (and large) screen shot of the RWS area - was going to create a new tailgate map in time for the home opener.

299363[/snapback]

That's a great idea!

I was surprised that the image of the stadium was so relatively old, with the old turf and red endzones and all. I wonder if they'll ever get around to getting a new image of the stadium with the new turf?

That's a great idea!

I was surprised that the image of the stadium was so relatively old, with the old turf and red endzones and all.  I wonder if they'll ever get around to getting a new image of the stadium with the new turf?

299462[/snapback]

Remember that shots for every area have to be more or less planned based on position of satellite, cloud cover, etc....that was probably the last time the skies were completely clear over Buffalo. :lol:

Interesting view of Washington DC area. The white house and other key buildings, all have the roofs "painted over" I guess we aren't allowed to look at whats on the roof of the white house.