The young QB.

Ramza86

I think we’re maybe seeing the value of good systems QBs go into. Take Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield as examples.  Everyone thought Lamar would be this huge bust however in a good system underJohn Harbaugh he’s been pretty good.  On the other hand, Bake Mayfield was supposed to be the next great legend but in a historically bad system in Cleveland he’s struggled.

1 minute ago, Talley56 said:

I think we’re maybe seeing the value of good systems QBs go into. Take Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield as examples.  Everyone thought Lamar would be this huge bust however in a good system underJohn Harbaugh he’s been pretty good.  On the other hand, Bake Mayfield was supposed to be the next great legend but in a historically bad system in Cleveland he’s struggled.

I agree. The Bills have had a ton of terrible systems over the years. Always makes you think what QB's could have made it if put into the right situation, and what greats would have busted if they were put into the wrong one. This system(the process) seems to be working well so far, hope it can continue and Allen becomes a great.

37 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I agree. The Bills have had a ton of terrible systems over the years. Always makes you think what QB's could have made it if put into the right situation, and what greats would have busted if they were put into the wrong one. This system(the process) seems to be working well so far, hope it can continue and Allen becomes a great.

I don't think any greats would bust in a bad system.  The only way a team can ruin a QB is by putting him in a situation where he gets a career threatening injury.  The fact that virtually zero 1st round QB busts have blossomed with other teams when given 2nd & 3rd chances shows that the only thing that ruins a highly touted QB is his own lack of talent when facing NFL competition.  The greatest coaches & the greatest systems couldn't have turned EJ & JP into decent NFL QBs.  

2 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I think Bulldog said yesterday there are 20 qb's under the age of 26 that are starters right now.

Josh hasn't even played a full season (but you'd think from the way McD and Daboll reacted to his INT that he was getting cut.  Lighten up guys, you've made your point enough, he gets the message)

I think the coaches know Josh well enough so that they know what he'll respond to and not get offended by.  

One of the great coaches of all time is Bill Parcells.  You can see numerous tapes of him getting on players during games, but he only gave them what he knew they could handle.   

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I think Bulldog said yesterday there are 20 qb's under the age of 26 that are starters right now.

Josh hasn't even played a full season (but you'd think from the way McD and Daboll reacted to his INT that he was getting cut.  Lighten up guys, you've made your point enough, he gets the message)

I believe JA is a type of player the coaches can tear into and he will respond. So let them keep reacting that way until that stupid a$$ throw disappears.