Here's a question: 3rd QB

Kevin Thompson is lighting up NFL Europe with a 114.9 QB Rating, does that qualify him as a 3rd QB candidate? Who knows anything about this Tory Woodbury guy?

Everyone comfortable with standing pat?

I would like to get a Vet in here......I know 3rd string QB's aren't that important but I like a guy with experience.....Shane Mathews type is perfect for me....If Jeff George wasn't such a dolt I'd take him also......QB's in the World League don't impress me much because of the talent they play against....

Just a qb who won't lose the game...he doesn't have to win it...heady type of guy

I would like to get a Vet in here......I know 3rd string QB's aren't that important but I like a guy with experience.....Shane Mathews type is perfect for me....If Jeff George wasn't such a dolt I'd take him also......QB's in the World League don't impress me much because of the talent they play against....

Just a qb who won't lose the game...he doesn't have to win it...heady type of guy

298457[/snapback]

our 2nd stringer has experience. by the time you get to 3rd string, you're screwed anyway. it's a waste to spend "veteran" money on a guy who won't see the playing field. the ideal candidate is a developmental guy -- i like the sounds of the NFL europe kid.

Kevin Thompson is lighting up NFL Europe with a 114.9 QB Rating, does that qualify him as a 3rd QB candidate?  Who knows anything about this Tory Woodbury guy?

298446[/snapback]

i think he would be a good fit

Kevin Thompson is lighting up NFL Europe with a 114.9 QB Rating, does that qualify him as a 3rd QB candidate?  Who knows anything about this Tory Woodbury guy?

298446[/snapback]

How many games did he play so far?

I am all for bringing in a young guy, at least to camp. NFLE is supposed to be "minor leagues" anyway.

Considering we've had only 2 QBs on the active roster for parts of the last two seasons we might not need keep a 3rd. Especially with practice squad rosters now being bigger we should beable to have 1 or maybe even 2 there. Granted if Thompson continues to dazzle in NFLE I'd be more confident in keeping 3 QBs. Tory Woodbury, the 4th QB on the roster, is in intriguing guy. He's athletic enough to have served on special teams with the Jets and if can show any semblence of being a QB then take him over as he could contribute more and in this day of the cap, the more "hats" a player can wear the more valuable he is.