What have the Democrats done in the past Four years

B-Man

5 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Remember last week when we hated politicians posing for photo ops?

That was because they accused Trump of culturally appropriating the Bible! 

But a bunch of lilly white dems appropriating Kente cloth isn't appropriation because they're Ghanaian on the inside, dammit! :lol: 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Every once in a while.................they let it slip.

Working-class parents without college degrees aren’t capable of overseeing their own children’s education, according to comments State Sen. Jeanne Dietsch (D-Peterborough) made during a House Education Committee hearing on Tuesday. Dietsch was speaking on behalf of a Senate bill that would repeal a law allowing the state Board of Education to create an alternative program for granting graduation credits, which became Learn Everywhere.

“This idea of parental choice, that’s great if the parent is well-educated. There are some families that’s perfect for. But to make it available to everyone? No. I think you’re asking for a huge amount of trouble,” Dietsch said.

“Is it your belief that only well-educated parents can make proper decisions for what’s in the best interest of their children?” asked a dumbfounded Rep. Glenn Cordelli (R-Tuftonboro).

(Excerpt) Read more at insidesources.com ...

• Thank you (+1) 3

Imposing a 14 day lock down on anyone flying in will do this. Until the Governor lifts that 14 day quarantine (instead of extending it) people are going to be out of work in an area where the jobs are tourism, tourism, tourism!

Hawaii grapples with Great Depression-level unemployment as tourism plummets

<snip>

In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19 on the islands, Hawaii's government acted fast -- imposing a mandatory 14-day quarantine for all visitors. While the move was lauded by many and proved effective in preventing major outbreaks of the respiratory disease on the islands, the impact to tourism, Hawaii's biggest industry, proved quick and severe.

</snip>

'You go from 30,000 airline passengers per day to a few hundred'

Carl Bonham, the executive director and a professor at the Economic Research Organization at University of Hawaii, told ABC News that the most recent data puts Hawaii's unemployment rate at 22.3% in April, but because these surveys were conducted early that month before many of the job losses, some economists estimate it's 30% or more.

"The range of unemployment estimates will vary dramatically," Bonham said. "The bottom line is it's bad, a lot of the data is problematic right now because of sort of changes in what it means to be in the labor force."

</snip>

...my "way left" Dem relatives are in a prolonged "Trump Tizzy" and I love it.....flooding FB......guess I'm supposed to feel bad for being blacklisted from relatives gatherings...YAWN....so here is today's "daily dose" to humor you.....the wife of a cousin ripped a conservative cousin up big time...said he was a lunatic for his views and was probably an unfit father for raising his children in such a "radical" household.......her and her husband unfriended him immediately....BTW, her husband (my cousin) is a condescending, arrogant "woody"......make a comment and his standard answer is, "let me explain this for you"......I CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP folks.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my "way left" Dem relatives are in a prolonged "Trump Tizzy" and I love it.....flooding FB......guess I'm supposed to feel bad for being blacklisted from relatives gatherings...YAWN....so here is today's "daily dose" to humor you.....the wife of a cousin ripped a conservative cousin up big time...said he was a lunatic for his views and was probably an unfit father for raising his children in such a "radical" household.......her and her husband unfriended him immediately....BTW, her husband (my cousin) is a condescending, arrogant "woody"......make a comment and his standard answer is, "let me explain this for you"......I CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP folks.....

You cousin is the Crusader, GregPersons?

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You cousin is the Crusader, GregPersons?

...LMAO!!!.....wouldn't surprise me.......hell they could adopt him as a PERFECT fit.......posted it before, but worth repeating to add to your "Sunday humor"......a late aunt was way left of "WAY left".....continually lamented how Ronald Reagan "ruined her life".....her son, a prominent DC attorney switched parties to GOP.......she never talked to him again before her death......I KID YOU NOT.....

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!!!.....wouldn't surprise me.......hell they could adopt him as a PERFECT fit.......posted it before, but worth repeating to add to your "Sunday humor"......a late aunt was way left of "WAY left".....continually lamented how Ronald Reagan "ruined her life".....her son, a prominent DC attorney switched parties to GOP.......she never talked to him again before her death......I KID YOU NOT.....

What about after her death?

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I put "democrat tolerance" in with the "Affordable Care Act" and "Fairness Doctrine".  Democrats are really skilled in naming bad policies as something good but that's probably second place to accusing their opponents of doing exactly what they are doing. 

BTW, are you aware if the powers here at PPP placed a help wanted ad for mental midgets? Seems like we're getting a lot of applications. 

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

What about after her death?

...her daughter (widow) got a bigger chunk of the estate and he really didn't need it anyhow...I pity my poor late uncle, enduring 60 years of marriage.....should have let his hearing batteries die and just keep nodding......

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I put "democrat tolerance" in with the "Affordable Care Act" and "Fairness Doctrine".  Democrats are really skilled in naming bad policies as something good but that's probably second place to accusing their opponents of doing exactly what they are doing. 

BTW, are you aware if the powers here at PPP placed a help wanted ad for mental midgets? Seems like we're getting a lot of applications. 

...if my relatives do not like what you say (99.999% of the time), they IMMEDIATELY launch into "attack mode"......condescending., arrogant "put down" mode because you're socially stupid......CNN is their "gospel of truth"......they are THE epitome of INtolerance.....it is "their way or NOTHING".....you are an intellectual POS...."woefully inferior"......

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if my relatives do not like what you say (99.999% of the time), they IMMEDIATELY launch into "attack mode"......condescending., arrogant "put down" mode because you're socially stupid......CNN is their "gospel of truth"......they are THE epitome of INtolerance.....it is "their way or NOTHING".....you are an intellectual POS...."woefully inferior"......

I come from a large family with an excellent upbringing that stressed individual responsibility and consequences for acting out. Not a lot of rules but the ones that were in place needed to be followed. A great childhood consisting of drinking out of the garden hose, riding our bikes (that we earned the money for ourselves) to town, jumping off the cliffs into Lake Erie and daring each other to cross the train trestle. I have a much younger brother who got coddled throughout his childhood. He's a flaming liberal, intolerant of ideas inconsistent with those of the liberal Left. Fortunately he lives time zones away from me. 

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

She had to pick between voting or conversing with her son. Oda Mae Brown was able to harvest her vote in CA for her. 

...her return address label said, ALWAYS a Democrat"....I called her in the midst of 911 to see if her kids were safe (working in DC).....she had to tell me "George Bush is NOT my President" first and foremost.....her late sister (my aunt), another dyed in the wool Dem, anguished over Obama as the Presidential candidate because "I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for a black man".....THE CONUNDRUM?....vote for a black man or commit heresy and vote for a Republican.....guess which way she voted?.....ever considering a split ticket based on candidates was treasonous......again, I CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP....even my late mother referred to Ronald Reagan as a "lousy B rate actor" when he was elected....

[H]ow much of the response to the public killing of one George Floyd has been an engineered operation by the Democratic Party and its allies in the propaganda industry? 

I’d say, an awful lot, considering the presentation of events in The New York Times and other organs of the perpetual Resistance that have been luxuriating in existential woe surrounding the indecencies of whiteness, culminating in the fake abject ritual of contrition put on by Ms. Pelosi and Chuck Schumer taking-a-knee in their Kente cloth prayer shawls.

Within a few more days, at least four cops around the country were ambushed and shot in the head, but there were no public displays of mourning for them.”

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I come from a large family with an excellent upbringing that stressed individual responsibility and consequences for acting out. Not a lot of rules but the ones that were in place needed to be followed. A great childhood consisting of drinking out of the garden hose, riding our bikes (that we earned the money for ourselves) to town, jumping off the cliffs into Lake Erie and daring each other to cross the train trestle. I have a much younger brother who got coddled throughout his childhood. He's a flaming liberal, intolerant of ideas inconsistent with those of the liberal Left. Fortunately he lives time zones away from me. 

...sad when differing views can disenfranchise families...BUT...it does happen....my kids remind me all of the time how effed up our family relatives are.......my wife, parents and only younger brother died years ago, so it's only me and my kids...so we make the best of each other......AND....never discuss politics......I take my daughter, son and daughter-in-law on vacation annually to wherever they want to go in the world to promote our togetherness.......AND.....thank my lucky stars on bended knee that I am able to do so.....STILL working at age 67 and no end in sight.....

55 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...her return address label said, ALWAYS a Democrat"....I called her in the midst of 911 to see if her kids were safe (working in DC).....she had to tell me "George Bush is NOT my President" first and foremost.....her late sister (my aunt), another dyed in the wool Dem, anguished over Obama as the Presidential candidate because "I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for a black man".....THE CONUNDRUM?....vote for a black man or commit heresy and vote for a Republican.....guess which way she voted?.....ever considering a split ticket based on candidates was treasonous......again, I CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP....even my late mother referred to Ronald Reagan as a "lousy B rate actor" when he was elected....

Well, Ronald Reagan did have to work as an actor to make a living. To put it in perspective, the best coaches in sport usually don't come from the most talented athletes, but from the guys that had to work their asses off and really know the game in order to succeed. Ronald Reagan not only paid his dues but had vision and knew how to lead. I think the ability to lead does not receive the importance in most people's minds that it should. Say what you want about Trump but he knows how to lead. 

As you have probably heard, Seattle mayor Jenny Durkan says everything is “fine” in her city, despite part of it being cordoned off to form what is supposed to a non-USA, police-free zone known as “CHAZ.”

Talk show host and author Mark Levin puts the onus for what’s taking place there squarely on the shoulders of (who else?) 

the Democrat Party.

2. And it is very important to underscore that this is happening under a Democrat mayor, a Democrat governor, and without any condemnation from national Democrat Party leaders, including Biden. I see the same thing is beginning to take place in Nashville under the Democrat mayor.

3. The Republican governor has said he won't allow it, but I've seen nothing from him thus far to suggest otherwise.  I hope I am wrong.

4. Furthermore, the Democrat Party-media are enjoying all the chaos and "peaceful protests," as they continue to fan the flames of hate and anarchy from the comfort of their own basements in well-to-do neighborhoods in and around Washington, DC and New York City;

5. regurgitate the Democrat Party-line; and, look for a way to pin it all on President Trump.  Their immediate imperative is to defeat Trump, who they've been hunting for several years, elect Biden, sweep the Democrats into the Senate, and hold the House.

6. This way THEIR party will rule supreme, without any checks and balances, and they will have a clear path to imposing their will on the country and tens of millions of us.

Edited by B-Man

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

....yes, truly remarkable....sacrificing their $600 weekly stay at home stipend for "duty and humanity (an old Three Stooges line)"......

Democrat Rep. Pressley says it's 'not good enough' for white people to not be racist: 'Come on, Becky'

Washington Times, by Douglas Ernst

Original Article

Rep. Ayanna Pressley says non-racist white people need to essentially become activists if they want to be considered culturally “good enough” in 2020. The Massachusetts Democrat recently spoke with comedian Samantha Bee about the George Floyd protests, racism in America, and the role of “Karen” and “Becky”—blanket terms for all white women—moving forward. “Everyone will say, ‘Well, you know, I’m not a racist,’” Ms. Pressley told the host for a recent “Full Frontal” interview. “Yeah, great. That’s not good enough. What you need to be is anti-racist. And that means being intentional and deliberate and unapologetic and dismantling structural racism

Sounds familiar..........

Thanks for telling me how I need to think..........

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Not the Onion or Babylon Bee..........

DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY: 

Tim Kaine Claims America Invented Slavery; Roman Empire and Egyptian Pharaohs Demand Apology.

Democrat Party Vice President candidate 2016..................:rolleyes:

Yeah, well, at least he can't see Russia from his house. Or something.