First Bills game you went to?

VABills

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first game was the Bills/Bengals Monday night game in the early 90's (don't remember the day/year but could dig it up with some effort). Kelly sucked in the first half and everyone (except me) was calling for him to be benched and for Reich to play.

Kelly came back in the 2nd half and lit the Bengals up, winning the game handily.

I went with a bunch of friends and a few parents of the friends (we were in highschool). We tailgated for hours before the game, and then stayed in the parking lot until 2-3am partying some more. Didn't get home until around 4am, and my parents made me go to school the next day :huh: It was worth it though :huh:

CW

Sometime in the mid to late 70's, I was pretty young yet.  It was against the Jets in a horrible driving rain.  I have never been so wet in my life.  Cannot remember what the score was or even who won.

296072[/snapback]

I was at that game also. It was in 1974 and the Bills won 16-12.

Liar,  I bear witness to you being at a Bills Preseason game in Baltimore the year before.

So when was your first game.

296156[/snapback]

Oh.

I think it was the Patriots @ Bills game from the year before last; the 31-0 game.

Lions preseason game...I remember Amir Rasul at RB lol!!!! First regular season was MNF vs. Cincy.....bad 1st half, great 2nd. 1st Playoff (only) wildcard vs. Houston...again, bad 1st half, good 2nd.

Never been at a non-preseason loss.

Well since we seem to have a lot of OTs, let's have at least a Bills related post.  I know we have done this in the past, but when was your first Bills game. 

Mine was in the brand new Stadium in 1974 against the fish.  Of course everyone knows the outcome as it was the Bills playing the fish in the 70's.  :huh:

296036[/snapback]

My very first game was the one when Brian Cox gave the fans the finger

I hear my first game was at the Rockpile - sat on dad's lap but I was so young I don't remember it.

And truthfully, I can't remember the first game I saw.  I know it was in the early 70s, but we went to so many games when I was a kid I can't recall exactly which memory came first.

One of my fondest recollections was from about '82 or so.  Freezing rain, playing the Bengals when both teams stunk, about 30,000 fans, all huddled together in the lower bowl and making as much noise as we possibly could.  I don't remember who won, I want to say Bflo did, but back in those days, I wouldn't be surprised if Bflo found a way to lose. :huh:

296065[/snapback]

I'm with you. I was so young I dont remember anything about the game except them pulling giant nets up in the sky that caught a ball and everyone screaming so loud I just started screaming too.

Thats a Bills fan for life, right there.

I do not remember exactly, since I was pretty young. Some impressions from War Memorial Stadium:

It looked bigger than the pictures I see now.

Why are we parking underneath a National Guard Armory.

Nice Bills Booster's coat, Dad! :lol:

Sitting behind a pole in the covered end zone sucks.

If you wait behind the goal posts for a PAT, and don't mind a fist fight, you might get a football to keep.

That man who was drinking out of an orange juice container, weaving back and forth as he cheered for the Jets, and just threw up on that lady was not drinking orange juice, was he?

Wow, Jack Kemp can throw a LONG way.

What's an interception?

I like these Buffalo Bills!

Cool helmets! Same as the Channel 4 test pattern. :huh:

Dad, can I have a hot dog?

Why is the crowd chanting "Darryl - Darryl - Darryl"? :huh:

Dad, can I have another hot dog?

Oh, tickets cost $4.50 - that IS a lot of allowances! Nevermind the hot dog. :lol:

We Won! :lol:

1977......vs Patriettes

Braxton scored a touchdown......they showed a replay on what was the worst scoreboard in sports history.  A lite brite had better graphics.

Back in Ralphies El Cheapo days.

:huh:

296122[/snapback]

At the time it was installed, instant replay in five shades of black & white was state of the art. :huh:

Sadly, I didnt get to go to any games growing up, my first game I ever attended was a 9-6 Bills victory in 1997 against the Dolphins.

I remember it being a horrible game, both in terms of play and the weather (it was pissing down rain). But the Bills won, so that of course was worth it.

It was also Alex Van Pelt's first ever start for the Bills I think.

Well since we seem to have a lot of OTs, let's have at least a Bills related post.  I know we have done this in the past, but when was your first Bills game. 

Mine was in the brand new Stadium in 1974 against the fish.  Of course everyone knows the outcome as it was the Bills playing the fish in the 70's.  :huh:

296036[/snapback]

Only have been able to make it to three games in my young life.

1994 Bills v. Colts I believe the Bills lost that one 27-17 on their way to a 7-9 season

1995 Bills v. Seahawks I think this was in October and it was like 27-22 or something weird like that. Bills 10-6 that year.

1997: Bills v. Lions 15-10 Bills? I remember Barry Sanders being stopped for a safety in that game.

Oh and I saw the Bills upset the Jets at Giants Stadium in 2001. I remember the Jets fans were getting mighty pissed at Alex Van Pelt.

Sadly, I didnt get to go to any games growing up, my first game I ever attended was a 9-6 Bills victory in 1997 against the Dolphins.

I remember it being a horrible game, both in terms of play and the weather (it was pissing down rain).  But the Bills won, so that of course was worth it. 

It was also Alex Van Pelt's first ever start for the Bills I think.

296355[/snapback]

I was at that game with GG, SDS, Bob Lamb, and some other good folks. We did it two years in a row. First week of November, two rainy & cold games (wins).

Hey You Guys - was that 1996-97, or 1997-98 ??

1972- Bills vs SF at one of the last games at the Rockpile. My friend was sick with the flu and his father called up and asked if I wanted to go. Remember we won and knocked Brodie out of the game.

I can't remember wot yr it woz .... (Not in the too distant past ) My better half and i planned our vacation around going to our first Bills game .... i remember ( like i'd ever forget :huh: ) we played the Colts ... with Jim Harbaugh in @ QB till we wiped the floor with him and the 2nd string QB took over ... well we really suck'd the 1st half .. fumbling a kick off return to start the game with i think .. the 2nd half 1st thing we did was fumble a punt or kick .. my buddy turned to me and said ' Your Bills REALLY SUCK man ' ..... we went on to record the 2nd greatest come back in Bills history !!

Uk Dave

1994-1995 Season opener Sunday Night game at the Giants. I think we won it

20 to 17. Amani Toomer returned a punt for a TD....Steve Christie kicked

a clutch kick at regulation to win it for us..