Cover 1 Denied Press Credentials by Bills PR Staff

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

So, because he doesn't do something for a living his skills and expertise do not have merit?

And I never said that... I said getting press credentials is not a Right.. he doesn't deserve them only  because cover1... If they think he should have them, give it to him... And they haven't

10 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

He's been a coach . Im not sure the point. He is a pro...he gets paid. 

yea He's a professional writer and he's pretty good at his job... Regardless I wish him the best

That's my point it's not a Right for press credentials... If he gets them good for him

* Does Dean Kindig get credentials for his write ups?  I don't think he does

Edited by Buffalo716

58 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

SJF will not be hosting camp in the next few years I predict

The facilities at home are just too good and they spent a bunch on them

And yes, real journalists do not break down concepts and the like... They report facts , not play scout

Never the less, there are numerous analysts for numerous outlets breaking down concepts and the like in regular columns in numerous publications just like regular journalists do for their publications. 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

And I never said that... I said getting press credentials is not a Right.. he doesn't deserve them only  because cover1... If they think he should have them, give it to him... And they haven't

Well, you keep pointing out he's not a professional scout, which should be obvious, but it's very clear he has way more subject matter expertise than most NFL reporters. Of course getting press access isn't a "right", but giving press access to strong, thoughtful, and detailed writers would indeed be the "right" thing to do for the organization, if they cared at all about their fans - which they prove time and time again they don't.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Well, you keep pointing out he's not a professional scout, which should be obvious, but it's very clear he has way more subject matter expertise than most NFL reporters. Of course getting press access isn't a "right", but giving press access to strong, thoughtful, and detailed writers would indeed be the "right" thing to do for the organization, if they cared at all about their fans - which they prove time and time again they don't.

Does Dean Kindig get press credentials for his write ups?

As a team if they cared about fans yes it would be a good gesture..  but then why not give credentials to 10 top notch posters here and let them do a write up? 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Does Dean Kindig get press credentials for his write ups?

As a team if they cared about fans yes it would be a good gesture..  but then why not give credentials to 10 top notch posters here and let them do a write up? 

Yeah, ok. Good talk.

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Never the less, there are numerous analysts for numerous outlets breaking down concepts and the like in regular columns in numerous publications just like regular journalists do for their publications. 

Of course

And I may be off base .. but writing a piece and breaking down a offense in a column doesn't have the same effect as breaking down tape on all 22 in slow motion

I think the Bills just don't want their plays broken down ALREADY for the world to see

Any coach can do the same In a film room and I doubt a real NFL coach is on cover 1... BUT that doesn't mean film interns are watching cover 1 and giving notes to superiors

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Of course

And I may be off base .. but writing a piece and breaking down a offense in a column doesn't have the same effect as breaking down tape on all 22 in slow motion

I think the Bills just don't want their plays broken down ALREADY for the world to see

Any coach can do the same In a film room and I doubt a real NFL coach is on cover 1... BUT that doesn't mean film interns are watching cover 1 and giving notes to superiors

Per the bold, I don’t think you’re off base at all; there IS a difference. 

I submit though, that the Bills plays are broken down to a much finer level by the rest of the league as well as by others who can lend more context to what they’re seeing. I just don’t see protecting secrets, if you will, as having any bearing on the Bills decision making regarding their relationship with Eric Turner and Cover 1.

Just now, K-9 said:

Per the bold, I don’t think you’re off base at all; there IS a difference. 

I submit though, that the Bills plays are broken down to a much finer level by the rest of the league as well as by others who can lend more context to what they’re seeing. I just don’t see protecting secrets, if you will, as having any bearing on the Bills decision making regarding their relationship with Eric Turner and Cover 1.

And I agree.. NFL coaches can break down tape infinitely better than ET who I have seen be wrong on multiple times with what he's seeing

Then block people when they have actual physical proof of why he's wrong

The Bills probably just don't care. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is crazy.  He is not a professional scout or writer - he is an internet blogger.  He is one of millions of guys that does what he does.  Is he good - sometimes, but that does not mean he should get press credentials.

Giving him press would be the absolute wrong thing to do because it sets a precedent that any stupid blogger can force their way into credentials.  That is how you get the idiots at the Super Bowl press day.

If you don’t think the Bills care about their fans - with everything they do - that is on you.  Not giving Cover 1 credentials has nothing to do with the fans or with Erik.  It is keeping within the guidelines to ensure that legitimate people get in and keep out the random bloggers that are everywhere.

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

He's associated with The Athletic....do you guys talk just to hear your own voice?

Yes and the athletic already received their allotted press credentials- they have Mathew Fairburn, Tim Graham, and Joe B already credential and on staff  - so the fact that he is on the athletic has no bearing at all.  

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yes and the athletic already received their allotted press credentials- they have Mathew Fairburn, Tim Graham, and Joe B already credential and on staff  - so the fact that he is on the athletic has no bearing at all.  

Seems like a matter of credentials. 

Like i said, why doesn’t Erik Turner simply ask the Bills what he need to do to obtain press credentials. It’s a simple question. 

35 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

This is crazy.  He is not a professional scout or writer - he is an internet blogger.  He is one of millions of guys that does what he does.  Is he good - sometimes, but that does not mean he should get press credentials.

Giving him press would be the absolute wrong thing to do because it sets a precedent that any stupid blogger can force their way into credentials.  That is how you get the idiots at the Super Bowl press day.

If you don’t think the Bills care about their fans - with everything they do - that is on you.  Not giving Cover 1 credentials has nothing to do with the fans or with Erik.  It is keeping within the guidelines to ensure that legitimate people get in and keep out the random bloggers that are everywhere.

Is an "internet blogger" not a professional?

40 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

He's associated with The Athletic....do you guys talk just to hear your own voice?

If The Athletic management wanted him to have a press pass, then that would be significant.   Apparently, they don't...

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

So if you're an editor for ESPN.com are you an "internet blogger"? How do you define that?

ESPN is a media partner of the NFL...

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

ESPN is a media partner of the NFL...

And?

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what an internet blogger is, and why it discredits someone from being a real journalist in 2019. It's an extremely outdated term that suggests he's just some guy on reddit with a hot take. Newspapers have been dead for 10 years, and any serious journalist treats online content as their first source these days. If you want to say he doesn't have enough market reach, or he isn't affiliated with a big enough brand - yea ok, that makes sense. But the whole "blogger" thing just makes me think that there's just a bunch of old guys sitting around here waiting for this internet fad thing to end.

Edited by BullBuchanan