Garage: what’s it to ya?

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Don't you just park the Versa Note in one of those calf hutches?

When I had a motorcycle, there was room for me to park my back at the end of the garage, parallel to the wall opposite the garage door - and for me to comfortably park the Versa Note with a foot of space between the bumper and the bike.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:32 AM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Workshop? 

Just a car port? 

Storage?

Gym?

Italian living room? 

My wife and I got to talking about garages and how it’s very interesting that people in the same culture use them so vastly different. For us, we use ours for everything. It’s our main entrance, packed with tools and miscellaneous items for storage. It's shelter for her car. We leave the door open 80% of the day.

This is in total contrast to our neighbor who is likely a serial killer. Garage door is always closed unless pulling in his car and he immediately closes it after he is inside before evening getting out or shutting off the car. On the few rare occasions I’ve seen in, it is completely bare. Just a large room with nothing hanging, no storage, no beer fridge, nothing. 

So...garage. Whats it to ya?

It's the Promised Land.  We don't have one, and I wish we did.

5 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Not a problem IF your garage is insulated.

Or you acquire a "garage ready" fridge or get a kit

5 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

The only thing missing is a painted floor.

No.  You know not of what you speak.  Epoxy painted floors are EVIL.  Evil I tell you!

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's the Promised Land.  We don't have one, and I wish we did.

Or you acquire a "garage ready" fridge or get a kit

No.  You know not of what you speak.  Epoxy painted floors are EVIL.  Evil I tell you!

:devil::devil::devil:

On 7/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

My vehicle, summer furniture storage, outdoor fridge, freezer chest, and a place where Hubby dumps his stuff until I pitch a fit. 

After the fit-pitching (usually when my vehicle starts driving into what resembles a cavern... that man can pack-rat like no one's business), the garage is cleaned out, and then we can fit TWO vehicles in it.  Hubby would rather park his vehicles outside than put his crap away properly. <_<

If we ever move I want enough land for a 3 car attached garage and a 2 car unattached garage (or vice versa).  

I used to think his-n-hers tool boxes would make my life sweet, until I grasped that if my tools were organized and findable, The Spouse would use them instead

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I used to think his-n-hers tool boxes would make my life sweet, until I grasped that if my tools were organized and findable, The Spouse would use them instead

Same. I have two large rolling tool  boxes (that never move). I had them all nicely organized with tools, tapes, etc, and then the pegboards with screwdrivers, chisels, files, hammers, etc. Well, that was a terrible idea. It made it far too easy for Hubby to find something when he "misplaced" whatever tool he needed. ^_^  He'll take anything I have organized and bring it over to one of the properties, and when I go looking for it I am SOL.

We have had many a discussion about this terrible habit of his, but I doubt he will ever change. He's got a lot of good qualities though, so I live with it ... and run to Home Depot for whatever tool I need that he has appropriated that tool and left somewhere else.

I also have a basic mini tool box stashed in the shed, but shhhhh no one tell him.

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Are you sure? I’ve been told that only a dolt would not understand that simple sentence.

Please name your source so I can handle appropriately.  Thank you.

I use my garage for privacy, away from the ever watchful eyes of my nosy neighbors.  I drive in... close the door before I even get out of my car... and replay the events of the evening in my head in painstaking detail.  I like privacy.  It allows me to indulge certain urges that society would otherwise frown on.  @EmotionallyUnstable... I wonder what kind of skeletons he has in closet.  One has to live by a certain "code", you know...

Edited by transient
  • Haha (+1) 1