The COMEBACK GAME

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there (seasons tickets at the 45 yard line in the upper deck behind the Bills bench--boy, those were great seats!), but almost left after Houston scored right after halftime. Once the comeback started to gain momentum, everything sort of became a blur.

Some of my lasting memories include:

...watching fans who'd left trying to rush back into the stadium after they got outside and heard the roars after each Bills TD.

...Warren Moon, who'd been on fire for the first 35 minutes seemed to finally realize it was January in Buffalo and it was really cold! He just siezed up, like all his adrenilin was gone and he was just plain freezing his ass off.

...Don Beebe clearly stepped on the sideline on his TD and everyone in our section was laughing at how fate was with the Bills.

...After Christie kicked the game winner, we were jumping up and down, up and down, up and down, and the moment seemed frozen in time.

Some of my lasting memories include:

...watching fans who'd left trying to rush back into the stadium after they got outside and heard the roars after each Bills TD.

The funniest thing is half the stadium left at half time yet I have never heard a single person admit they left. :devil:

You shouldn't smoke. :devil:

295125[/snapback]

I was in my seat in old section D3, row 1 I think it was. Just to the right of the scoreboard. By the time the comeback started there was no one sitting on either side of me. I had to run up and down the aisle every time something good happened just to hug someone. It was weird!

I was on my nordic track.

True story.

I was sooo pissed.

I get into my workout gear.

My mother looks at me and asks what are you doing?

I look at her and say. I am going on that F'in Nordic Track and I am not getting off until we win this F'ing game.

I never thought we had a chance but 2 + Hours later I get off the machine thinking I had changed the karma!!

For some reason the Nordic Track never worked during the SuperBowl!!

I was watching the game at home on Long Island with my wife and a few friends. When it got to halftime, I got off the couch and announced that I was going to go pick up some suits for work. I headed to Syms and heard the interception to open the second half, I got the suits and as I was driving home, I heard the first TD, getting closer I heard the second. I was afraid to break the Karma that was created, so I sat on the front porch, while they turned the TV so I could see it, they passed beers through the window to me and I watched the remainder of the game, freezing my butt off on the porch. The lady across the street (RKFAsts Mother in law) is from Batavia, after every score she would open her door and scream, she knew why I was on the porch and wanted to make sure I stayed put.

My dad, myself, a stripper I worked with, and her nephew were on the visitor's side of the scoreboard endzone. We almost left after the 2nd half INT return for a TD to make it 35-3 but the stripper was at the bathroom. I told my dad that we would leave when she got back but she didn't return until the end of the 3rd quarter. Thank goodness that happened or we would've missed history in the making. :devil:

I was having my car worked on for smog testing out in California and then my wife (now my ex) wanted to go out to breakfast.

Turned on the radio and heard the score was 28-3 at half.

With the game out of control, decided it might be nice for the wife and I to spend some time together shopping.

When I got back to the car, found out the game was in OT. Listened to it on the way home and got to hear the winning FG.

Like all great Bills fans, the game was taped, the funniest thing about it was that a close friend of mine worked at Home Depot. I dropped wifey home and drove over to talk to him. He had only heard the halftime score and when I told him the Bills cameback and won the game, he got so excited he drove a fork lift into a display and had to take a drug test to maintain his employment.

We still laugh about this today.

Driving back to Syracuse after some hard partying in Atlantic City with some college buddies. We must have turned the radio off 5 or 6 times but someone would always say 'screw it, you never know' and turn it back on. I had to have dented the roof of my friends Honda Civic as many times as I punched it after the Bills started scoring in droves...

i was there. we had to get tix at the stadium. we did not all sit together. just a few of us. I was second level 10 yard line or so, near the endzone of Bubba McDowell's int/td.

sat next to Mr. Oiler, some dude with a steel hardhad on. While he was in my face through qtrs 1,2,3, he was no where to be found by end of the 4th.

I was at The Fours in Boston where the Bills Backers used to hole up. At half time with us down 28-3 my friend and I went downstairs and ate lunch. After Houston scored to make it 35-3 we agreed to head back up and say goodbye. Within minutes we were 18 back and he said to me: "We are gonna win this". The rest is history. We went so wild that part of the ceiling came down onto the people downstairs!!! That was our last year there!!! LOL

Living room wi th family.

We had a satelite dish and intercepted the feed on KU band. It was great, cause you coul dhear the announcers during the commercial breaks. That tape is my prized possesion, although its still in a box somewhere in ny.

Also, my mom was making lentil soup and after reed scored the go ahead, she ran in carrying the pot that she was stirring, and it flew out of her hands. boiling lentil soup everywhere. Nobody was burned, but to this day, i still receive a zip lock bag of dried lentils 2 or 3 times a season.

at the game w/ mom, dad, sister, friend from law school, and his brother. mom and sis sat in my "regular" season tix, while us four guys had upper deck beauties (about the 50), visitor side. we could see over the back of the stadium, watching people trying to come back in in the 2nd half.

still the best sporting event i've ever witnessed live.

I was at my girlfriend's house in western PA, sitting quietly on the couch for the first half in disgust... took a shower at halftime and then really thought it was over when I came out just in time to watch the INT to start the 2nd half. Then sat in amazement as the comeback mounted... and then laughed at my girlfriend's family for all the crap they were giving me during the game.

Then I didn't know my girlfriend's dad had two tickets to the next week's game in Pittsburgh, but he surprised me with them before I left that day. My girlfriend and I went to the game fully decked out in Bills gear and by the end of the 3rd quarter, all that was left were Bills fans... Hell YEAH!!!!

my brother was at the game with 5 other people... and they are some of the crew that left... he and one other person didn't want to leave, but their ride was leaving so they had to go... they pick on the driver from that game every chance they get, he'll never live down making everyone leave.

i was listening to it on the radio in erie, pa, as the game didn't sell out and erie falls in the blackout radius.

at the time i was in high school and had a friend who had relatives in houston, and was an oiler fan. he had been giving me hell all week because the oilers had just beaten the bills in the season finale, and kelly had gotten injured.

i got fed up and turned the game off in the 2nd quarter. at about halftime my friend called me to give me some more hell on the 28-3 score.

awhile later i wanted to see how bad it had gotten so i turned the radio back on to hear the bills were driving. sarcastically i thought wohoo, the bills might actually score. then i hear the score, 35-24. a touchdown pulls us to within 4!

when the bills pulled ahead 38-35 i was immediately on the phone with my friend. somehow he didn't believe me until he turned the game on :doh:

when christie made the kick i called again, don't think he wanted to talk because his mom said he wasn't home :devil:

I watched it at home with my brother. In a fit of rage I shut the tv off for like 30 seconds when Reich threw that interception to make it 35-3. I turned it right back on though and you could sense what was happening. Greatest football game ever!

Listening to the game on the radio with my Grandad in his living room. I still remember both of us sitting there in silence and smiling when Christie was lining up the kick and then going nuts when he made it and won in OT.

We had a satelite dish and intercepted the feed on KU band.  It was great, cause you coul dhear the announcers during the commercial breaks.  That tape is my prized possesion, although its still in a box somewhere in ny. 

What were they saying?

Not that I'm fishing for more DVD material or anything. :devil:

CW