The COMEBACK GAME

With roughly half of the population of WNY in the stadium that day :devil: , I was curious as to where you were when the Bills performed their magic.

Personally, my buddy and I were driving out to the Eastern Hills Mall. Once the comeback started we refused to stop driving as we believed it was the power of the car that was fueling the comeback. We didn't want to jinx anything. Good times.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my living room, by myself, and dying a slow death. By the time the game was over, I was completely soaked in sweat, so hoarse from screaming that I couldn't speaking, and fielding phone calls from just about everyone who knew I was a Bills fan. :devil:

I was in Philadelphia for some business. We watched it at a bar downtown. I had my Bill's clothes on, and all these Philly fans were busting my chops about the Bill's getting their azz kicked.

I'm lucky I got out of there alive after giving them all a bunch of sh*t. Good Times

I was also in my living room. I was taping the game, as I did with all Bills playoff games. I stopped recording it at halftime and considered not recording the second half, but I convinced myself to keep recording it. I figured I might as well get the whole thing....

I called my father afterwards (he listened to the radio broadcast) and he told me Van Miller sounded like he was about to lose his voice.

I was in my room, listening to Van on the radio (damn blackout...), playing some games on the internet (yes, it existed back then! :devil: ). I was pretty disheartened about it, but kept the radio on. Then we scored, and I barely batted an eyelash. Then they scored again and I started to think we still had a chance. Then they scored again... And again.. And my mom and I were running around in the house screaming with excitement. I was so drained after the game, but it was worth it :doh:

CW

I was there...it was actually my first Bills game that I went to. I was 9 at the time, and when my Dad found out that it was going to be blacked out, he decided to take me. I just looked at the ticket last week...he paid $44.50/ticket.

Honestly, it could not have been a better day for me. I dont remember a lot of the details about the game, other than I was ridiculously impressed by how huge the stadium looked back then. I remember waiting for nachos when the second half started and the Oilers returned the interception for a TD. My Dad asked me if I wanted to leave, but there was NO way that anything was going to cut my first Bills game short.

Once the Bills closed the gap, the remaining crowd went crazy! Some older guy to my left actually picked me up in the "Fan-demonium." I also remember that it took us FOREVER to get out of the parking lot, but it didnt matter.

To this day, one of my most prized possessions is my Frank Reich autographed ticket stub (we have no idea where my Dad's ticket stub went, but Im sure its somewhere amidst my ridiculously organized football card collection -- I think I was actually more anal retentive back then than I am now). And thanks to Fezmid, I just got the game on DVD for my Dad's B-day. Really, an amazing experience overall.

I was at my son's High school wrestling tounament in Eastern NC. Once the game started I was taking pictures with my 35 MM while I was carrying around my little 2.5 Inch portable color TV. A Marriott down the road had the game on so as soon as he pinned his guy I took off and came back everytime his bracket would come up. As t turns out that day he of course won his weight class so ne quick exit to watch the game. But I caught most of the good parts.

I was also at the game. It was just one of those things in life you never expect. I got the DVD from Fezmid just watching that game again brought back so many memories. Now that I live out of state I don't get to many games at the Ralph, but I can say I was at the greatest game ever played there. The moment was Reich!

Watched the game at home with one of my best friends. I was taping the game for my father who living in Buffalo at the time....a little after the 2nd half when it was still 28-3, I stopped taping the game, told my buddy "why should I tape this any longer!, it was a good run, we went to 2 straight Super Bowls, etc"....then when it became 35-3 I still watched and had no reaction....

When Kenny Davis scored and the Bills finally got going by friend says "Bills are gonna win" and he was serious, I laughed it off, but when the Bills came all the way back and took the 38-35 lead, I was so fired up it was uncontrollable....then after the game, who is a die hard Cowboys fan, told me that our teams will meet in the Super Bowl....in some ways, unfortunately he was right!

With roughly half of the population of WNY in the stadium that day :devil: , I was curious as to where you were when the Bills performed their magic.

Personally, my buddy and I were driving out to the Eastern Hills Mall. Once the comeback started we refused to stop driving as we believed it was the power of the car that was fueling the comeback. We didn't want to jinx anything. Good times.

295020[/snapback]

Sitting in a sports bar in cary, NC with a buddy of mine. We had never watched a Bills game together in which they lost. At Halftime I am like well there goes our record ( 30 - 0 at that time naturally no SB until later in that years playoffs). So we are talking during halftime and he has convinced me to stick around for the second half. ( I had ONLY ever left early from any Bills game in 1984 during a lousy rainy, sleeting and miserable Nov day getting pounded by the Pats.) So I agree to eat more wings and stay for second half. After the Intercept for TD against FR I am now ready to head home but again he says hang around heck was else do ya have to do. So we do and damn I am glad we did, since had lots of dolfag fans at the sports bar and they were big time using choke signals and every other slander against our beloved bills during the entire first half.