tool fans here?

Pete

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Lol, nope, not this guy.

He was really smart and one of the top students in our highschool grades wise, went on to be an engineer, he was just the type of person to analyse things deeply.

I was pretty damn smart in high school and I am an engineer as well. I also thought very deeply while listening to heavy metal and/or psychadelic rock in  "enhanced" states of mind while driving, but damned if I ever caused a wreck with anything other than a mail box, Hah. 

Cool story though. I defimately relate to your friend and glad to know he made good for himself.

• 2 months later...
Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

New song out today.  Titular "Fear Inoculum".  Listened to it about 15 times.  I friggin love this band.

I friggin love Tool too, but ima have to wait for this song to grow on me a bit.

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I friggin love Tool too, but ima have to wait for this song to grow on me a bit.

I hear you.  I listened on my phone while getting ready for work this AM and was thinking "huh...this is interesting"...then listened on the way to work in the car and thought "ok...this is pretty cool".  I listened to it at work with headphones and that was by far the best experience.  I remember when Lateralus came out I had to listen to the whole album 3 or 4 times before I could totally buy in.  

To me Tool's music is usually so non-catchy that it takes me several listens before I get the "ah-ha" moment.

Give this track another couple of listens with headphones and I hope it resonates with you like it did me.  I am so pumped for August 30th!

Edited by Johnnycage46

26 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I hear you.  I listened on my phone while getting ready for work this AM and was thinking "huh...this is interesting"...then listened on the way to work in the car and thought "ok...this is pretty cool".  I listened to it at work with headphones and that was by far the best experience.  I remember when Lateralus came out I had to listen to the whole album 3 or 4 times before I could totally buy in.  

To me Tool's music is usually so non-catchy that it takes me several listens before I get the "ah-ha" moment.

Give this track another couple of listens with headphones and I hope it resonates with you like it did me.  I am so pumped for August 30th!

Understood. I just listened for the second time and all I heard was preamble to the next song. It never went anywhere. Not bad, but not great.

Edit:

Upon a third listen...same impression, but too long.  2:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 9:30 into the tune, to me, gave the feeling of grab your ***** and hold on, but it never happened.

Dam ,  I am pumped for the next tune though.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

On 5/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, Pete said:

first album since 2006 is coming out soon!

I heard today that it's 13 songs and 84 minutes.  Gonna be some nice, long, jams.  Looking forward to it!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Understood. I just listened for the second time and all I heard was preamble to the next song. It never went anywhere. Not bad, but not great.

Edit:

Upon a third listen...same impression, but too long.  2:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 9:30 into the tune, to me, gave the feeling of grab your ***** and hold on, but it never happened.

Dam ,  I am pumped for the next tune though.

I will say that I didn't get that awesome Tool crescendo at the end like with songs like Aenima, Lateralus, Schism, Vicarious, Rosetta Stoned, etc. but the tune was so melodic that it hooked me in.  Whats crazy is how it soooo sounded like a Tool song lol.   They have such a unique sound.  I just hope the whole album delivers.  If you haven't heard it yet, check out "invincible"...there are a couple of "good" quality recordings from some live shows from a couple of months ago.  It's a pretty good song.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I heard today that it's 13 songs and 84 minutes.  Gonna be some nice, long, jams.  Looking forward to it!

I heard 7 songs with 2 transitions at like 78 minutes (I thought I read an article with guitarist Adam Jones that said that)...but I will be thrilled if its 13 songs as I've already heard Fear Inoculum studio version and Invincible and Descending live version.  The more the better!

7 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I will say that I didn't get that awesome Tool crescendo at the end like with songs like Aenima, Lateralus, Schism, Vicarious, Rosetta Stoned, etc. but the tune was so melodic that it hooked me in.  Whats crazy is how it soooo sounded like a Tool song lol.   They have such a unique sound.  I just hope the whole album delivers.  If you haven't heard it yet, check out "invincible"...there are a couple of "good" quality recordings from some live shows from a couple of months ago.  It's a pretty good song.

I heard 7 songs with 2 transitions at like 78 minutes (I thought I read an article with guitarist Adam Jones that said that)...but I will be thrilled if its 13 songs as I've already heard Fear Inoculum studio version and Invincible and Descending live version.  The more the better!

All I can find on the World Wide Web is 7 tunes, 85 minnit.

https://loudwire.com/new-tool-album-80-minutes-seven-tracks/

"Guitarist Adam Jones has told Guitar World that its length is around 85 minutes and there are seven tracks, plus two transitions."

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

All I can find on the World Wide Web is 7 tunes, 85 minnit.

https://loudwire.com/new-tool-album-80-minutes-seven-tracks/

"Guitarist Adam Jones has told Guitar World that its length is around 85 minutes and there are seven tracks, plus two transitions."

I think that must be what I saw.  Either way, I am pumped.  New Tool Album and the Bills in the Super Bowl all in the span of 6 months (please don't take this fantasy from me)

• Thank you (+1) 1