The Corrupt NRA In Chaos

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

If you can't fight the message frame the messenger.

"So, lawyers who look particularly at charity law, the law that governs these kinds of groups that don't have to pay taxes, they said they had never seen anything like this before, for this volume or this pattern of board members to have this kind of financial stake, essentially, in the NRA's spending and business."

Try looking at the Clinton foundation with this much scrutiny.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/231363

I'm hoping the NRA lawyers use the BUT HILLARY! defense that has become so popular with the Trumpettes.

DMdKTwFV4AAc7QN.jpg

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius

You've chosen to ignore content by Q-baby!

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius

Hat trick! :w00t:

Once again, you are not ignoring us if you are commenting on ignoring us. Congrats on the dorkstick of the year! 

I find it quite interesting that you create a thread about how a privately funded membership abuses its money but don’t seem to give two rips about how the government abuses all our money. 

4 hours ago, McGee Return TD said:

I'm hoping the NRA lawyers use the BUT HILLARY! defense that has become so popular with the Trumpettes.

DMdKTwFV4AAc7QN.jpg

What does bad news about the NRA have to do with Trump?  ?

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I find it quite interesting that you create a thread about how a privately funded membership abuses its money but don’t seem to give two rips about how the government abuses all our money. 

What does bad news about the NRA have to do with Trump?  ?

Got me!

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know the current iteration of the NRA is done for when Hickok45 ends his support of the organization.

The entire organization needs to be burnt to the ground and rebuilt.  CEO, Board, everybody goes.  

With the Democrats’ agenda I highly doubt the Trump campaign needs the NRA to drive supporters to the polls. All he has to do is say “look what they’re proposing.  If you’re against these ideas get out and vote!”   Done! 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...

Three dissident board members of the National Rifle Association resigned on Thursday, saying that their confidence in the group’s leadership is “shattered.”

In a letter to NRA president Carolyn Meadows and secretary John Frazier, the three resigning members accused the nonprofit’s leadership of acting “counter to its mission, governing principles, policies, or the law.”

“Over the past several months, there have been numerous, highly-publicized allegations of impropriety leveled against the Association and certain members of its executive leadership team,” the resignation letter reads. “In exercising our oversight responsibilities as Board Members, we have sought information and requested certain actions be taken with respect to these allegations, only to be rebuffed at every turn.”

The letter goes on to say that after attempting to investigate allegations of wrongdoing, the resigning members were “stonewalled, accused of disloyalty, stripped of committee assignments and denied effective counsel necessary to properly discharge our responsibilities as Board members.”

An NRA spokesman did not immediately return a request for comment.

The NRA has 76 members on its board, including Oliver North, the group’s former president who remains locked in a very public battle with executive vice president Wayne LaPierre.

The three departing board members are gun activist Timothy Knight, motivational speaker Sean Maloney, and NRA fundraiser Esther Schneider.

Last week, the three called for an independent investigation into scam allegations at the multi-million dollar nonprofit gun group. Soldier of Fortune magazine publisher Lt. Col. Robert K. Brown had also demanded an independent probe, but does not appear to have resigned.

The members who resigned had associated themselves with various groups that have been created over the past several months as the NRA appears to have shot itself in the foot through a coup attempt, top-level grifting allegations, and its acrimonious breakup with its longtime ad firm. The new groups aim to withhold funds from the NRA until it cleans itself up.

Read the letter here: