Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

Former federal prosecutor Andy McCarthy wrote, "It is called the allocution. It is the most important part of a guilty plea in federal court. It comes — if it comes — when the judge personally addresses the accused, who has been placed under oath, and asks him to explain in his own words how and why he is guilty of the crime charged.

"Is Kevin Clinesmith willing to allocute? Is he willing to admit without reservation that he deceived his FBI colleagues and a federal court? The lack of clear answers to those questions is almost certainly the sticking point — the reason why, to this moment, there is only a false-statement charge against the former Bureau lawyer, not a false-statement guilty plea.

"When it comes time to allocute, the court must ensure that the accused acknowledges committing the acts alleged and, just as significantly, doing so with the level of criminal intent prescribed in the relevant penal statute — the mens rea of the crime. If the accused does not admit guilt, and evince that he is doing so voluntarily and in full awareness of the possible consequences, then the judge should not accept the guilty plea."

Judge James E. Boasberg will decide whether to accept the plea bargan.

Obama appointed him.

The hearing by telephone is this afternoon.

The fan should expect some incoming if the Obama judge does what I think he will do.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Live thread on the hearing in progress. 

Nobody with half a brain believes this nonsense that he thought it was true at the time, but if this is what he is saying in his guilty plea shouldn't the obvious question be who or what led him to believe that it was true? Go ahead KC...throw someone under the bus.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm confused. I just saw there was a bipartisan report that said Trump did collude with Russia and everything else was fake. It was all over the place.

How did Clinesmith plead guilty to something that never happened?

So odd.

• Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm confused. I just saw there was a bipartisan report that said Trump did collude with Russia and everything else was fake. It was all over the place.

How did Clinesmith plead guilty to something that never happened?

So odd.

He's a "low level" attorney.  He thought he was changing evidence to reflect what he thought was true at the time.  This is a just a paper pusher process crime.  Durham witch hunt.  I'm perfectly fine with the FBI doing something like this to me or my family (oops not that one!) etc...

The talking points of the intellectually dishonest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Nobody with half a brain believes this nonsense that he thought it was true at the time, but if this is what he is saying in his guilty plea shouldn't the obvious question be who or what led him to believe that it was true? Go ahead KC...throw someone under the bus.

this is likely what is happening with at least a portion of the plea agreement.

• Like (+1) 2