FAT

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions about your finances, the state of the world, whether your spouse deserves you?  Fire away, it's Free Advice Thursday!

292201[/snapback]

I ate some bad chicken on Monday and have been suffering ill effects since. When can I expect to fully recover?

Last night I made a huge mistake. Enourmous. Told myself I wouldn't do it. But I did anyways. Yes, that's right. I was at a Ford dealer and asked about a used 2002 Ranger XLT they had on the lot, 28,000 miles, $13,900. It's similar to my 1998 Ranger XLT with 144,000 miles, but has power windows/locks, and cruise. My trade in value (according to Kelly Blue Book online) is $2,700. But I still owe about $3,100 on it. So should I even bother thinking about trading in/buying? My truck is running fine, just needs an EGR sensor. I've been spending the last 3-4 years getting myself back in good financial shape, and should have my truck paid off by the end of September to mid October.

Last night I made a huge mistake. Enourmous. Told myself I wouldn't do it. But I did anyways. Yes, that's right. I was at a Ford dealer and asked about a used 2002 Ranger XLT they had on the lot, 28,000 miles, $13,900. It's similar to my 1998 Ranger XLT with 144,000 miles, but has power windows/locks, and cruise. My trade in value (according to Kelly Blue Book online) is $2,700. But I still owe about $3,100 on it. So should I even bother thinking about trading in/buying? My truck is running fine, just needs an EGR sensor. I've been spending the last 3-4 years getting myself back in good financial shape, and should have my truck paid off by the end of September to mid October.

292267[/snapback]

Keep your current vehicle. Drive it until it explodes. Car payments suck. Let's say you were faced with this decision back in 1976. You keep your truck and invest the $13,900 in Vanguards 500 Index Fund. Today you would have over $525,000.00

Little known fact: People who buy new cars and drive them for 10 years or buy used cars and drive them for at least 5 years will retire a minimum 5 years earlier than people who change vehicles at more frequent intervals.