Ed Oliver : did the scheme hold him back? (PFF article)

18 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I am not disputing, but were the sack totals more? I think he has had double digits without him. 

He's had two double digit sacks seasons

2013 and 2014

Those coincidentally are dareus pro bowl seasons in Buffalo

50 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Bosa>>>>>>Oliver...what if he becomes a JJ Watt specimen

Bosa will be long gone by nine; Oliver might be there. Not sure what your point is with regards to Bills' draft. Edit: Saw in another thread you are proposing getting Bosa, Hockenson, Isabella and Sills no matter what the cost. So, you are trading high picks from this and next yrs draft and probably players and it likely still isn't feasible. Personally, I think they run to the podium for Oliver if he's there at nine.

Edited by Dr. Who

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Pettine and Schwartz..  different schemes but Jerry, Kyle, and motivated Dareus and Mario.

Pretty talented group. 

Yep.

He questioned the assertion of another poster that adding a beast DT would help increase Hughes sack #s by asking if that was true when dareus was here.

I was just providing context to that

See below.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You wanna see Hughes sack count go up?   Get him a up the middle pressure guy.

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Was that true when Dareus was here?

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yes.

He had double digit sacks both seasons with dareus.

39 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I am not disputing, but were the sack totals more? I think he has had double digits without him. 

21 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's had two double digit sacks seasons

2013 and 2014

Those coincidentally are dareus pro bowl seasons in Buffalo

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Bosa will be long gone by nine; Oliver might be there. Not sure what your point is with regards to Bills' draft. Edit: Saw in another thread you are proposing getting Bosa, Hockenson, Isabella and Sills no matter what the cost. So, you are trading high picks from this and next yrs draft and probably players and it likely still isn't feasible. Personally, I think they run to the podium for Oliver if he's there at nine.

Well supposedly Bosa only played 3 games last year and he's oft injured right? Maybe he slips and we can get him by trading up... Hock might last until 1st Pats pick. Isabella I've seen going between 2nd and 3rd round and Sills 2nd to 5th round. 

I am dreaming and those guys obviously project at the top of where I stated but according to "draft experts" there are "flaws" in all these guys.

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yep.

He questioned the assertion of another poster that adding a beast DT would help increase Hughes sack #s by asking if that was true when dareus was here.

See below.

And you were correct. The o tackles never got help with that front 4 because they had Dareus and Kyle inside. 

That gave the D ends inside and outside

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yep.

See below.

Wow, I did not question anything. I asked a question because I did not know.  Thanks for you feedback, I will know in the future you are a bit of jerk and won't ask any more questions. 

14 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Wow, I did not question anything. I asked a question because I did not know.  Thanks for you feedback, I will know in the future you are a bit of jerk and won't ask any more questions. 

Your statements and questions seem to be questioning the validity of John and my statements.

Don't get butt-hurt that you were incorrect in your statement about thinking he had double digit sacks without dareus.