Iowa State Cyclones to help the Bills Offense?

Not a normal source of NFL talent but I really like David Montgomery and Hakeem Butler of ISU.  Montgomery's style is the type I prefer as he constantly beats would be tacklers with quick cuts and outstanding power.  He is nearly 220 lbs.,  his comp is Kareem Hunt and he might be an early 3rd round option.  He was credited with over 100 broken tackles last year and is a chain moving, tackle breaking, bowling ball of a runner.

David Montgomery

Hakeem Butler is the biggest of the big WRs in this draft with just under a 7ft. wingspan and that's the body type missing from their WR group.  The comps I've read on him are Brandon Marshall and Plaxico Burress.  He's very good at using his size and reach advantage to adjust to poorly located throws and then transitioning to RAC yardage as he averaged 20+ ypc.  Drops are an issue and may be more so as ISU QB seems to favor soft tosses down field, but he represents a win above the rim pass catcher and big play threat.   He could be available early in the 2nd.

Hakeem Butler

One or both these guys would upgrade the skill positions for this offense for the next 4 or more years, imo.  And it is fairly unlikley that my favorite WR and RB in this draft for the Bills roster would be from the same school and one like Iowa State at that.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Not a normal source of NFL talent but I really like David Montgomery and Hakeem Butler of ISU.  Montgomery's style is the type I prefer as he constantly beats would be tacklers with quick cuts and outstanding power.  He is nearly 220 lbs.,  his comp is Kareem Hunt and he might be an early 3rd round option.  He was credited with over 100 broken tackles last year and is a chain moving, tackle breaking, bowling ball of a runner.

Can't help but read this and immediately recall Travis Henry, our former "bowling ball of butcher knives."

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Travis was a very good player but was maybe the most ill-prepared for adulthood of any Bill of which I can think. 

I think he’s got 13 adults now.. Can’t imagine they’re prepared either..

• Haha (+1) 2