Pre-Draft Roster Predictions - OL

GG

14 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think derek anderson retires...at some point before final cuts.

I don't, but saying that Anderson retires do you think the Bills go into the season with only 2 QBs?

If they draft a QB then there is a chance Anderson is "planned" on leaving the roster.

They would at least have to have a 3rd stashed on the PS.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't, but saying that Anderson retires do you think the Bills go into the season with only 2 QBs?

If they draft a QB then there is a chance Anderson is "planned" on leaving the roster.

They would at least have to have a 3rd stashed on the PS.

they will probably maybe pick one late or udfa.  with barkley i think rolling with 2 is safe and there's no need to keep anderson around to mentor or coach. chad kelly qb3 would be a great move and still p.s doable?

Edited by billsredneck1

9 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

they will probably maybe pick one late or udfa.  with barkley i think rolling with 2 is safe and there's no need to keep anderson around to mentor or coach. chad kelly qb3 would be a great move and still p.s doable?

We will find out soon. 

I think it'll end up being 9 OL they keep, 5 interior OL and 4 OTs. The starting OL will most likely be:

LT Dawkins

LG Spain

C Morse

RG Long

RT Nseke

Backup interior: Teller or Boettger and Feliciano. You keep one young guy toe develop you have under contract further than next year and a vet.

Backup OT:  Waddle and draft pick. I think they need to draft a young guy who will be under contract further than next year to develop.

All of this gives the Bills flexibility. There's a lot of 1 year contracts on that OL, Spain and Waddle are and then Long, Nseke and Feliciano are essentially 1 year contracts. If the 1 year contract guys look good you can offer extensions to a couple of them, the Bills have the money, but they are protected a bit by developing a guy as well. So if Teller looks really good you can extend one of Long/Spain and cut bait with the other. Same goes for the OT positions.

• Like (+1) 2

Very unlikely we keep 10 this year. I'd also be surprised if we cut anyone we signed, and that includes Sirles; there's a reason he's the only one we brought back from last year. Keep in mind his best buddy Long is on the team now and they'll both be motivated (same as McCoy/Gore per McD). Both players also offer position flexibility.

Dawkins

Spain

Morse

Long

Nsehke

Feliciano - primary interior backup

Waddle - swing tackle

Bodine - backup center; ideal safeguard due to Morse's injury history

Sirles - flex

Look for another developmental OT on the practice squad along with Teller and/or Boettger.

The Bills do NOT need to draft OL, and if they do, they're literally looking at cutting someone they just signed.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The Bills do NOT need to draft OL, and if they do, they're literally looking at cutting someone they just signed.

That means the Bills will be drafting TE,RB,WR, and D!    Josh should get some shiny new toys.  The D will get some new playmakers.   If Beane hits on this draft, it's going to be a fun ride for us Bills fans the next few years

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Very unlikely we keep 10 this year. I'd also be surprised if we cut anyone we signed, and that includes Sirles; there's a reason he's the only one we brought back from last year. Keep in mind his best buddy Long is on the team now and they'll both be motivated (same as McCoy/Gore per McD). Both players also offer position flexibility.

Dawkins

Spain

Morse

Long

Nsehke

Feliciano - primary interior backup

Waddle - swing tackle

Bodine - backup center; ideal safeguard due to Morse's injury history

Sirles - flex

Look for another developmental OT on the practice squad along with Teller and/or Boettger.

Just because they signed Sirles early in the off season doesn't make him a lock for me.

Beane has proven he can let guys like this go.

Sirles has a 645k cap hit with 0 guaranteed.  He is a borderline depth player as of now.

I think they think Dawkins, Nsekhe, Waddle need more competition than Conor McDermott.

Camp is where this gets all sorted out.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

They aren’t keeping 10 OL. I’m going to say that Boettger and Felciano get cut (or they don’t draft any OL). 

OL as I see it:

Dawkins-Spain-Morse-Long-Nsekhe

Swing OT: Waddle

Depth interior: Teller (with Long going to center)

8th guy: Felciano or a draft pick 

Jawann Taylor

There is pretty much no chance that the Bills go OL at 9. 

?