Does Jake Fisher Signing mean the end of Patrick DiMarco

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...better question may be has DiMarco been used effectively as an integral part of the running game or a spot after thought?....who knows how the FB position integrates with the overall offensive concept?.....probably should start there as it appears to be undefined IMO....

That's is the real question Oldtime!  Is Daboll really going to use a FB or a FB role player much in 2019?

Two years ago DiMarco was in for 25% of the offensive snaps, last year it was down to less than 16%.

If the scheme brings that down further this year AND some of the snaps can be moved to Fisher/Gore/another, is his

role on the team (other than ST and "leadership") worth the roster spot?

DiMarco's ST snap count last year went up to 53% from the previous years 38% so a big question is how well did he performed on ST.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...better question may be has DiMarco been used effectively as an integral part of the running game or a spot after thought?....who knows how the FB position integrates with the overall offensive concept?.....probably should start there as it appears to be undefined IMO....

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's is the real question Oldtime!  Is Daboll really going to use a FB or a FB role player much in 2019?

Two years ago DiMarco was in for 25% of the offensive snaps, last year it was down to less than 16%.

If the scheme brings that down further this year AND some of the snaps can be moved to Fisher/Gore/another, is his

role on the team (other than ST and "leadership") worth the roster spot?

DiMarco's ST snap count last year went up to 53% from the previous years 38% so a big question is how well did he performed on ST.

Considering how poor the Bills ST were last year, I would not hang my hat on ST contributions.  I have never found him to be a particularly useful FB and that does not seem to be an offense that Dabol wants to feature.  That said, he has been valuable as a locker room guy I suppose, but I certainly hope that the Bills find a way to move on from him this year with a more productive and versatile player, Fisher or someone else.  

• Like (+1) 2