Does Jake Fisher Signing mean the end of Patrick DiMarco

Was thinking the Bills may use Jake Fisher as a FB on plays and as a blocking TE based on short yardage and Goal line situations.  If that is the plan then I don't see the need for Patrick DiMarco.

Maybe we get rid of DiMarco, Ducasse and Ivory to get back some cap space.

Your thoughts?

3 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Was thinking the Bills may use Jake Fisher as a FB on plays and as a blocking TE based on short yardage and Goal line situations.  If that is the plan then I don't see the need for Patrick DiMarco.

Your thoughts?

we don't need to cut players for cap space.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t think the Fisher signing will impact on what happens with DiMarco..

Wouldn’t be surprised if Fisher is not there Week 1..

Fisher will be a huge target for Josh Allen.  He will have an impact this season.  Expect about 40 receptions this season

Makes some sense but limits you in the case of an injury to him. But it would allow them to deactivate DiMarco on game day to put a more needed player on the active roster perhaps if the situation dictated it.

6 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Your thoughts?

22 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Fisher will be a huge target for Josh Allen.  He will have an impact this season.  Expect about 40 receptions this season

That's a pretty optimistic take.... if that happens he would be the signing of the year!

32 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

A converted O-Linemen ? That's pretty optimistic. I'm guessing he doesn't make the team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's not a "horrible" question since Fisher was used a bit as an H-back in Cinci...but I think a lot will happen between now and September so predicting roster spots for these 1-year FA signings is a little premature.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

It's not a "horrible" question since Fisher was used a bit as an H-back in Cinci...but I think a lot will happen between now and September so predicting roster spots for these 1-year FA signings is a little premature.

Agreed. Not sure how much overlap there is between the two, but weirder things have happened.

The way this Offensive line is developing, I definitely want Ivory on this team.

Getting 1 guy on a prove it deal, doesn't mean we should start cutting a bunch of people.

Edited by hemma
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m guessing they draft a guy in round 6 or 7 that meets the true description that the OP has proposed.   

Either Fisher or this guy make the team.  They see something with Fisher but it seems like a long road to make the team. 

Edited by Bob in STL