Report: Bills were 'furious' about Jets' 2018 trade-up for Sam Darnold

HOUSE

30 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Damn Giants I wanted the Jest to suffer with Rosen! 

They will suffer with Darnold! The guy was on a pace to break Peyton Manning's rookie interception record before his injury and missed three games. His problem in his final season at USC was all the turnovers 13 INTs and 11 fumbles and a lot of those fumbles were on his own.  In his final 20 starts at USC he threw 44 TDs but also had 20 INTs, 14 fumbles. 

57% of his passes were for 9 yards or less which padded his passing completion percentage. Smaller hands could be a problem in certain situations. Seems like the more he games he plays and the more reps the more his accuracy wanes. Footwork can get sloppy which can cause bad throws.

All that said he is also working with Jordan Palmer and can get better.  I think the Bills got the better QB who was not quite as polished as Darnold or Rosen and didn't have the level of talent around him as those two others did. 

Edited by Nihilarian

Throwaway comments like this in articles are so annoying because they are super vague and shirk any responsibility. Who was doing the "saying" that the Bills were furious? Cause saying that they were "said" to be furious is not attributing that comment to a source, it's basically just repeating a rumor, which is trash reporting. I can say Rich Cimini is "said" to pee sitting down; that doesn't mean I can verify it, but now I've put it out there as reported truth. 

Edited by ndirish1978

16 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It may be irrelevant to some point you're making about which I am not concerned.

But it's completely relevant to what I'm saying with that post, which is that the Jets had Allen 4th and weren't going to take him under any circumstances at #3. In fact, it proves it. 

Several on here have continued to try to say that the Jets might have wanted Allen. Including the post I replied to just above this. They didn't. They had him 4th.

Do you ever do anything other than equivocate?

On 3/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Need more context for why were the Bills furious. Who on the Buffalo staff was furious? Did the Bills try to trade with the Colts already? I don’t think IF someone was furious it was because they wanted Darnold. I believe the Bills had Darnold and Allen ranked pretty equally, albeit for different reasons. This article doesn’t state, nor should it, that the Bills were furious because they wanted Darnold.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:59 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Correct, but by that time, it was becoming apparent that Allen was probably not one of the top two. Darnold was. There were some questions about whether Rosen or Mayfield would be the other of the first two.

So while there's no proof, it was pretty likely that Allen wasn't their original first choice. Can never be proved, but the fact that they were furious is a strong indicator, as it wasn't likely (by that point) that Allen would be gone that early.

Things seem to have worked out OK, so far at least.

You are talking about what is known NOW. 

The article or "report" states that Beane was "furious" for the trade up THEN. In this case, THEN was a time that was more than a month before the draft. It was a time when Allen was widely viewed as at least one of the top 3 QBs pretty widely and one of the top 2 by many.

So throwing out this hindsight argument you're trying to make because it's completely irrelevant to the reason Beane was furious when the Jets traded up to #3 more than a month before the draft, it's extremely reasonable--maybe even highly likely given the cloak and dagger nature of the face-to-faces with Allen before the and the history of comments from Beane about Josh going back to earlier in his college career--to believe that Beane may have been furious because he was targeting a couple QBs and that with the Jets trading up to 3, they might miss out on him.