Who's your top 9? (QBs excluded)

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Ahem.....firstly I'll start by saying I left my departing thoughts in my last comment.you sucked me back in. Congrats.

Who in the world claims he has fallen? Fanspeak's mock draft SIM? Good grief. Many of who are believing hype? The folks here who live, breathe, and sleep football? Trust me, I watch tape. Many here do as well. If you think that Oliver makes it past the top half of the first round, you never even seen his play. And are crazy. We sit at 9. And that's a sweet spot for him. He's not falling at all. He's right where he always was. Top 5 on a good day, Top 15 on a bad day.

What flags are you speaking of? His size? Bigger than Aaron Donald. His injury history? A bruised knee? His one time spat in a game he didn't play makes him uncoachable? C'mon man. Try to keep up. He has been consistently an animal and a great teammate and produces at a high level. And I may be the only one, but I sure hope to get him at 9 barring any unforeseen events like Williams, Bosa,Allen falling to 9. Any other year he'd be a lick top 5 pick. 

Bull. He was considered a lock to be a top two pick in the preseason mocks. He’s not anymore. I couldn’t care less about if he’s an inch taller than Donald. He’s not nearly as strong by all accounts. And yes, he’s fallen in the eyes of many people that matter. That doesn’t include you. I watch a ton of football and I’m not taken in by hype. I actually watch the games and listen to the people who are paid for their opinions and then form my own. Oliver has fallen and is very unlikely to be picked by the Bills if they are given their choice of him or Christian Wilkins. 

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Ahem.....firstly I'll start by saying I left my departing thoughts in my last comment.you sucked me back in. Congrats.

Who in the world claims he has fallen? Fanspeak's mock draft SIM? Good grief. Many of who are believing hype? The folks here who live, breathe, and sleep football? Trust me, I watch tape. Many here do as well. If you think that Oliver makes it past the top half of the first round, you never even seen his play. And are crazy. We sit at 9. And that's a sweet spot for him. He's not falling at all. He's right where he always was. Top 5 on a good day, Top 15 on a bad day.

What flags are you speaking of? His size? Bigger than Aaron Donald. His injury history? A bruised knee? His one time spat in a game he didn't play makes him uncoachable? C'mon man. Try to keep up. He has been consistently an animal and a great teammate and produces at a high level. And I may be the only one, but I sure hope to get him at 9 barring any unforeseen events like Williams, Bosa,Allen falling to 9. Any other year he'd be a lick top 5 pick. 

Pretty much spot on.  Plus I could be wrong....only 1 draft to judge Beane....he likes high ceiling players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magnum Force said:

Pretty much spot on.  Plus I could be wrong....only 1 draft to judge Beane....he likes high ceiling players.

He also likes character. Wilkins has delivered at a high level for four years, has a masters degree (which proves he’s a hard worker), and has been a winner. He’s also prototypical for his position, which Beane also loves. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Bull. He was considered a lock to be a top two pick in the preseason mocks. He’s not anymore. I couldn’t care less about if he’s an inch taller than Donald. He’s not nearly as strong by all accounts. And yes, he’s fallen in the eyes of many people that matter. That doesn’t include you. I watch a ton of football and I’m not taken in by hype. I actually watch the games and listen to the people who are paid for their opinions and then form my own. Oliver has fallen and is very unlikely to be picked by the Bills if they are given their choice of him or Christian Wilkins. 

Donald threw up 35 reps at the combine. How many did Oliver do? See ya after you Google it....

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

He also likes character. Wilkins has delivered at a high level for four years, has a masters degree (which proves he’s a hard worker), and has been a winner. He’s also prototypical for his position, which Beane also loves. 

I like Wilkins...he is a talent...But he was also playing on a star studded National Champion team.

6 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I like Wilkins...he is a talent...But he was also playing on a star studded National Champion team.

I like Wilkins a lot. Just don't see him rated higher than Oliver. Oliver had just as long and high character of a collegiate career as Wilks, but crushed the stats by a mile. I'd be fine with either, but Oliver would be my choice between the two. Just gives more violence at the position IMO

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

Wow. One exercise. Oliver is not Donald. 

No he's not. nobody is. But Oliver is in his own right a monster. And his college resume is far and above better than Wilkins'. Did it steady for as many years as Wilks but with more production and its not even close. Please tell me who has Oliver lower on their boards. Or at least tell me who "these people" are that say he has dropped due to flags?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Wow. One exercise. Oliver is not Donald. 

Thats kind of the guys point lol. Everyone is saying well he’s bigger then Donald when he came out, well he’s just as strong as him. Truth is there is only one Aaron Donald in the NFL. You don’t see very many DTs in the league that are 6’1 or 6’2 and under 290 dominating. 

Hes a good football player but the precedent isn’t there besides Donald for sawed off DTs being a high impact. Could be another guy tho that comes in and dominates and changes the narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

DISCLAIMER: Not all of these players would be wise to take at 9. At 7 you will start to see a drop off in talent in which case I would desire to trade down if necessary.

1.) Nick Bosa

2.) Quinnen William's

3.) Josh Allen

4.) Ed Oliver

5.) Devin White

6.) Jawaan Taylor

7.) Noah Fant

8.) Marquise Brown

9.) Greg Little

I do not understand Brown or Little in top 9.  1st round yes, top 9 no.

Everyone has players that they want more than others, I get it. We are fans and passionate about our team and want the best for it. All I can say is whoever we take, I believe in Beane and will be excited in his choice and behind it.  I just have a great feeling about this team and the direction that it is heading in.  

Edited by Magnum Force
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Magnum Force said:

Everyone has players that they want more than others....I get it...We are fans and passionate about our team....all I can say is whoever we take, I believe in Beane and will be excited in his choice and behind it.  I just have a great feeling about this team and the direction that it is heading in.  

If it comes down to Wilkins vs Oliver I think he is going to take Wilkins. That’s my opinion 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

How is Fant ahead of Hockenson in more of the rankings I’m seeing?

People love combine numbers and think of potential instead of production and forget that Hockenson is also one of the youngest prospects in the draft

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If it comes down to Wilkins vs Oliver I think he is going to take Wilkins. That’s my opinion 

People love combine numbers and think of potential instead of production and forget that Hockenson is also one of the youngest prospects in the draft

I will bet you one of these Icon Beers that we take Oliver.  Shake on the bet?

Edited by Magnum Force

14 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I like Wilkins a lot. Just don't see him rated higher than Oliver. Oliver had just as long and high character of a collegiate career as Wilks, but crushed the stats by a mile. I'd be fine with either, but Oliver would be my choice between the two. Just gives more violence at the position IMO

Of course Oliver had better stats. He should. He routinely played against guys that will be paying to watch football games when their college careers are over. 

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I will bet you one of these Icon Beers that we take Oliver.  Shake on the bet?

Not happening. Wilkins is a Beane guy through and through. Like it or not, Beane loves prototype and character as much as production. 

20 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Of course Oliver had better stats. He should. He routinely played against guys that will be paying to watch football games when their college careers are over. 

Not happening. Wilkins is a Beane guy through and through. Like it or not, Beane loves prototype and character as much as production. 

Oh yeah? Lmao. 6'5 MLB ain't prototype. Again, I repeat, Oliver is HIGH CHARACTER. You don't seem to be getting that. Beane will decipher thru all of his wants, and make the best decision for the team.

Whorl...you Are a nut

Edited by BuffAlone

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Oh yeah? Lmao. 6'5 MLB ain't prototype. Again, I repeat, Oliver is HIGH CHARACTER. You don't seem to be getting that. Beane will decipher thru all of his wants, and make the best decision for the team.

Hahahahaha. Nope. I’m not “getting that”. He’s not high character. It’s been reported that he’s high maintenence  and I question his heart at the end of the season. It seeed like he was milking his injured knee which let his teammates down. He’s not a Beane guy. I truly believe that.