Is Beane The Best GM We Have Had Since Bill Polian?

Irv

On 3/8/2019 at 12:45 PM, TheTruthHurts said:

The Bills Nix/Whaley built were loaded with talent. I don't care what anyone says. They hired the wrong coach in 2015.

Unfortunately, you can make a lot of great moves and it still comes down to getting a franchise QB.  If EJ works out they probably make the playoffs that year.  Marrone probably stays and we never have to worry about the Rex Ryan/Tyrod Taylor combination.  Extending Dareus was applauded by us at the time, but that was obviously a mistake looking back.

It's way too early to tell with Beane, but he is rebuilding the right way.  He's made more good moves than bad moves to this point.  McBeane's fate rests in Josh Allen's developent so this offseason is crucial to get him some talent.

• Like (+1) 1

I think with the trades they had to make to get us THIS QB has put this team behind schedule. That being said, in one draft I feel they have managed to get a franchise QB and a extremely talented ILB. This GM has had to deal with dead cap space up the kazoo because of how the last gm structured contracts. Some say a good GM is based on being able to keep/trade/draft a solid QB. I think he has done that on both sides of the field..

This is the year that will decide his fate.. Can he fix this offensive line? Can he get better WR talent? and does he put us in cap purgatory in the following years even if he can do this, this year...

Great start but I want to see what he does this year before I grade him.