What Superstitions Do You Believe In?

Gugny

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

if it was that lucky Lil Gug would have made friendly with the cousin.  

I'll pick up a penny,  nickle, dime, $100 bill when I see it on the ground.  

I like Friday the 13th, I will walk under a ladder. I'll kick a black cat if it crosses my path 

BUT Come Sundays when the Bills are playing .........   

Flag(s) flying, jersey wearing, chips and salsa are there before game time.  Oh and don't say the game is won until the clock strikes ZERO 

Based on recent history, like the last 10 or 20 years, you need a new routine.   And I always thought it was coaching.:doh:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Greybeard said:

Based on recent history, like the last 10 or 20 years, you need a new routine.   And I always thought it was coaching.:doh:

yup.  I need a new ritual

maybe watching the game nekkid would help.    :lol:

Truthfully .... My wife would say the game is over with a minute left and then disaster strikes (maybe its my wife) 

Even though you can't pay me enough to become a practicing cat-lick, the no meat on ash wednesday and fridays during lent is something i still try hard to do

On 3/2/2019 at 10:04 PM, /dev/null said:

i don't believe in any superstitions but i do engage in superstition related traditions

No chicken products on New Years (Chickens "scratch back" when they walk)

Pork on New Years Day (pigs "snout forward")

No meat on Ash Wednesday or Good Friday

Growing up these were always a thing on their respective days.  Then when I moved out, my Mom would always remind me and I would usually ignore it.  Then after my Mom died, I picked up the traditions because it was always important to her

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Truthfully .... My wife would say the game is over with a minute left and then disaster strikes (maybe its my wife) 

My wife latched onto the Bills pretty quickly when we met. Love her new found enthusiasm, but she doesn't have the history of fanhood that we do. I think it was 2017, maybe 2016. Help me out if anybody remembers. We were winning by less than a TD with a second left to go on defense.

The other team starts pulling a Music City move on us. She thought it was hilarious. She'd never seen anything like it before. It's not like they'll score. Meanwhile, the rest of the bar is thinking "Oh no! Not this sh!t again!" I had to explain it to her after the game. I let her look it up online, but I haven't watched that play since that day. I literally change the channel or look away every time we play Tennessee. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have to make 3 in a row before I can quit shootin hoops. It used to be 10 in a row when I was a kid in my yard, but it has gone down over the years. Not sure what might happen if I didn't. Maybe that's not a superstition. I'm confused, never mind.

None really. However I really hate the number 13, I think it’s the worst number in the world. I hate it when players I like wear it and I hate it so much that I never have my volume (TV/vehicle or otherwise) on 13. If it’s close I’ll choose 14 or 12.

13 sucks.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Haha (+1) 1