Mort on ESPNews

I'm somewhat concerned that if this deal takes until draft day, we might get screwed out of it.  If the Cards instead to take one of the RBs with their top pick, then we are left out in the cold.  Just makes sense to me to ship Henry to them now, get Shelton and whatever other pick we can get from them.

To me, getting Shelton + a lower rounder (4-6th rounder) now is better than possibly not getting anything come draft day.

290531[/snapback]

The cards would rather not draft a RB in round 1, since they have other pressing needs as well on the dfensive side of the ball...namely CB...

Mort said he thinks the Travis for Shelton trade and swap of 2nd rounders with the Cards would go down on draft day.  He also said that Losman would have been the 1st QB taken this year.

290516[/snapback]

I've always believed that the reason we made the Losman deal is because the pickins thins year would be slim and even slimmer next season.

KO,

We have not had a player that has ment anything to this team after the 2nd round since the 85-87 drafts.

This is a very weak draft.....  Id take the second round move up.

290585[/snapback]

Jonas Jennings was a third-rounder. Terrence McGee a fourth. Am I missing something here?

I'm somewhat concerned that if this deal takes until draft day, we might get screwed out of it.  If the Cards instead to take one of the RBs with their top pick, then we are left out in the cold.  Just makes sense to me to ship Henry to them now, get Shelton and whatever other pick we can get from them.

To me, getting Shelton + a lower rounder (4-6th rounder) now is better than possibly not getting anything come draft day.

290531[/snapback]

Conversely if all the backs are off the board that they wanted then they'll be in the mood to deal.

I'm somewhat concerned that if this deal takes until draft day, we might get screwed out of it.  If the Cards instead to take one of the RBs with their top pick, then we are left out in the cold.

290531[/snapback]

There is no way TD or anyone with any business sense whatsoever enters the draft banking on the fact that the deal with Arizona is done. It's not done. And it won't be done until it's done. And until that time, there will always be an acceptable Plan B based on the risk/reward of Plan A.

I'm not being a TD homer. I'm being a businessman homer. No one at his level got to where he was by banking on one event...and only one event...to take place during one of the most significant parts of your building process. Good business people, including TD, always have options that no one is talking about.

The Dork...errr...I mean John Clayton...just said on 'The Herd' that if the Bills hold out in making a swap of 2nd round picks part of the trade deal then it'll never happen. He said Arizona only wants to do a player for player trade.

Guess that means we'll be swapping 2nd round picks... :doh:

Clayton = RJ

Nice to see Mort giving props to a bill for a change..its the truth though..Losman would have been the first qb taken without a doubt..def has more talent then both alex smith and aaron rogers..question being what if Matt Leinhart came out?? would losman go ahead of him??

290549[/snapback]

No.

Jonas Jennings was a third-rounder.  Terrence McGee a fourth.  Am I missing something here?

290737[/snapback]

I'll take my chances with an extra Pick any day, especially a 4th Rounder...And McGee was the exact Player I had in mind when I thought about another 4th... This may very well be a weak Draft, but the weakest Drafts have their gems, and I'm pretty sure that's what Scouts are paid to find...Not saying we'll get as good a Player at #55 than we will at #44...But it seems to me #55, plus a higher 4th Round Pick collectively, will help more than #44 Overall alone in the long run...I think the Bills Need the extra body right now... And I realize I'm making the assumtion that TD and TM score a hit on that 4th Rounder...but that's a chance I'm willing to take... :P

And I realize I'm making the assumtion that TD and TM score a hit on that 4th Rounder...but that's a chance I'm willing to take... :P

291391[/snapback]

TDs had good luck with 4th rounders while he's been with us

2001 - LB Brandon Spoon. Started as a rookie for an injured Sam Cowart. Career cut short by injury

2002 - No pick, traded to SF

2003 - McGee. Starting CB (should be nickelback IMO) and All Pro Returnman

2004 - Euhus, we'll find out this year

TDs had good luck with 4th rounders while he's been with us

2001 - LB Brandon Spoon.  Started as a rookie for an injured Sam Cowart.  Career cut short by injury

2002 - No pick, traded to SF

2003 - McGee.  Starting CB (should be nickelback IMO) and All Pro Returnman

2004 - Euhus, we'll find out this year

291399[/snapback]

And I think Euhus showed definite promise before the injury...But McGee alone makes the point as far as I'm concerned...There will be talent available at #111 Overall...That much we can be assured of ... :P

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7698

Coach Tuesday (Kazakstan): M, do you think the Bills and Cardinals already have an agreement in principle re: Henry/Shelton?

Chris Mortensen: No they don't. They are hung up on a detail. The Bills want to swap second round spots. That would take them from 21 to 11 or 12. Arizona is balking right now. I think that if the Cardinals take a cover corner with their first pick (No. 8) then the chances of this trade happening increase greatly on Draft day.

(I'll never make the TSW Wall of Fame, but at least I'm ubiquitous!)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7698

Coach Tuesday (Kazakstan): M, do you think the Bills and Cardinals already have an agreement in principle re: Henry/Shelton?

Chris Mortensen: No they don't. They are hung up on a detail. The Bills want to swap second round spots. That would take them from 21 to 11 or 12. Arizona is balking right now. I think that if the Cardinals take a cover corner with their first pick (No. 8) then the chances of this trade happening increase greatly on Draft day.

(I'll never make the TSW Wall of Fame, but at least I'm ubiquitous!)

291414[/snapback]

look at it this way, even if you never make the TSW HoF you're still the greatest poster from Kazakstan :P