Switzerland Is A Nation Of Cowards

The_Dude

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Switzerland's neutrality posture has always been for one reason only, which is to remain the world's banker.

Stay out of conflicts and provide a safe haven for the money of those involved.

Quite profitable.

To be devoid of courage and character isn’t something that makes you rich. 

I understand their point — but how can they say “we didn’t defy Hitler” proudly. Piss on Switzerland. Hopefully they get theirs one day. 

Edited by The_Dude

Hard to get upset at a man who uses his training to kill ISIS.  Remember the Swiss Guard protects the Pope (they look so cute in their little outfits, and unlike some military are not squeamish about having their photos taken when on guard at the Vatican). This man clearly takes threats against Christianity very seriously. 

I'm not certain how his actions equal his being a coward. I am not certain how his "sentence" means the Swiss Guard are cowards. Unless that is, your word choice was simply meant to provoke or troll?

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hard to get upset at a man who uses his training to kill ISIS.  Remember the Swiss Guard protects the Pope (they look so cute in their little outfits, and unlike some military are not squeamish about having their photos taken when on guard at the Vatican). This man clearly takes threats against Christianity very seriously. 

I'm not certain how his actions equal his being a coward. I am not certain how his "sentence" means the Swiss Guard are cowards. Unless that is, your word choice was simply meant to provoke or troll?

I don't think his point was that the man was a coward, but that the Swiss government was cowardly for punishing him for fighting.

Just now, Koko78 said:

I don't think his point was that the man was a coward, but that the Swiss government was cowardly for punishing him for fighting.

And I do not see how that is cowardly either. This man broke a rule. He fought to help people live when being attacked. It is what he is trained to do. He did not fight against Switzerland, he simply tried to save lives (it could be argued that he put Swiss neutrality in jeopardy, but it doesn't seem that his superiors felt that was the case). It appears his superiors felt he needed a "reprimand" but clearly didn't feel what he did was deserving of a stern a stern reprimand.  

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And I do not see how that is cowardly either. This man broke a rule. He fought to help people live when being attacked. It is what he is trained to do. He did not fight against Switzerland, he simply tried to save lives (it could be argued that he put Swiss neutrality in jeopardy, but it doesn't seem that his superiors felt that was the case). It appears his superiors felt he needed a "reprimand" but clearly didn't feel what he did was deserving of a stern a stern reprimand.  

I agree. The man did what he thought was right, and fought in Syria to save lives. The government did what it thought was right by prosecuting him, and the judge did what he thought was right by fining him $500 for the transgression.

There is no fault to be had by anyone.

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

That is my point. I didn’t think it’d be misinterpreted. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A country that prides itself in not standing up to evil is a country of cowards. 

Sadly, they never paid for their cowardice all because of the blood of sons of America. 

The Swiss are even more pathetic than the French and Italians. 

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

That is my point. I didn’t think it’d be misinterpreted. 

A country that prides itself in not standing up to evil is a country of cowards. 

Sadly, they never paid for their cowardice all because of the blood of sons of America. 

The Swiss are even more pathetic than the French and Italians. 

So your assertation is that the Swiss Guard hierarchy was "cowardly" for imposing any type of reprimand? 

Was there a minimum penalty that could be imposed as punishment? And was this it? (I donno, I am seriously asking.)

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So your assertation is that the Swiss Guard hierarchy was "cowardly" for imposing any type of reprimand? 

Was there a minimum penalty that could be imposed as punishment? And was this it? (I donno, I am seriously asking.)

The punishment should have been a medal for heroism. 

8 hours ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47319581

The only civilized country in Europe more despicable than the French are the Swiss. Disgusting, gutless, selfish, cowards. I spit on the Swiss. 

You seem a little extra heated, lately. I know, I am. That Covington ***** woke me up before the winter was over. Very unhappy about that. 

11 minutes ago, Paulus said:

You seem a little extra heated, lately. I know, I am. That Covington ***** woke me up before the winter was over. Very unhappy about that. 

Meh. I consider myself a custodian of western civilization and the Swiss have never been high on my list of a people that exemplify western culture because of their selfishness and cowardice.   

49 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Meh. I consider myself a custodian of western civilization and the Swiss have never been high on my list of a people that exemplify western culture because of their selfishness and cowardice.   

Idc, you seem a but more than usual.