AlphaMock V1 - 4 round mock (pre combine)

Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea and hence I just can't see it. Unless the midget is not a midget and survives to #9 I just can't see a trade up that makes sense. Seriously trading up into the top 10 to select Drew Lock.... to me that is madness. I really think it is - and I quite like Drew Lock!

Teams make madness like moves though for QB's, especially poorly run organizations.  Washington has a history of poor and aggressive decisions and I do not think they are run well.  So I do believe right now that they could move up, and even over pay to do so to get ahead of Denver and Miami.  

But hey, its early in the draft process, we won't really start getting a feel for how QB's will start shaping up in terms of where they may go until after Free Agency reveals where the vets will land and also how these QB's fare in the combine.  If the QB's fizzle, there certainly won't be much of a trade up market for them.  

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Between Samuel, Jones, and Foster I think they could be a good group. I'm expecting both Jones and Foster to progress next year and if Foster starts breaking into that WR1 role having two underneath/slot posession type guys in Samuel and Jones who can get open reliably would be imo best case scenario for the offense, considering what the draft class at wideout looks like to me anyway.

i hope we sign d. thompson to give us another outside speed opposite foster...if we go this route.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thompson is not a good nfl receiver.

he is fine for that  one to two deep targets a game. while i see mcbeane bringing in a fa wr...possibly, i think they will want to draft for the future. there's not much better at that caliber in fa and he knows the system. what do you think they should do at wr?

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

he is fine for that  one to two deep targets a game. while i see mcbeane bringing in a fa wr...possibly, i think they will want to draft for the future. there's not much better at that caliber in fa and he knows the system. what do you think they should do at wr?

There’s a reason he never lasts on a team more than a year.  I think we get too sentimental with players.  If he wasn’t a former Bill, we won’t even know him.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

There’s a reason he never lasts on a team more than a year.  I think we get too sentimental with players.  If he wasn’t a former Bill, we won’t even know him.

so....what's your plan? who do you see in free agency who deserves more than what we give thompson? ...and who do you see us getting in the draft?

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

Last year, there were 4 QBs everyone was talking about being 1st rd QBs as well as Lamar.  This year, you have haskins, a midget and meh.  Anyone trading up with us will be settling for meh

I remember last year well and agree that class was viewed very favorably in general and IMO blows this years class out of the water. So far this year there seem to be 3 QB's being consistently talked about in the 1st round (if the little person you refer too is Murray and Meh is Lock) and not as highly regarded as last years class, 4 if one considers Jones. What they are trading up for is a QB, the Chiefs paid a premium to move up from 27 to 10, Houston as well in moving up from 25 to 12 and settling for Watson in the 2017 draft and that class had many questions leading up to the draft, with the Texans getting the "meh" prospect according to some. 

If teams (Washington in this situation) value a QB enough to move up for one, they are more likely than not, going to pay a premium, that seems to be consistently the rule, not the exception, thats my point in all of my comments about the Bills will be "Lucky" type of posts  to get a 2nd round pick to move down to 15... This regime has paid and charged a premium to move up and down for QB's, its not likely they are going to cut a team a break because because Lock is a "meh" prospect according to Washington themselves, NewEra, P51, Buffalo themselves or anyone. If they want to move ahead of Denver to get Lock for instance, Washington I believe will have to pay to do so, just the same as Houston, KC, Buffalo, NYJ, Chicago have done recently to move ahead of whomever.

What the premium is? I dont know it could just be the 46th pick but I highly doubt they'll "settle" for less. I do know how Buffalo has operated in the last 2 drafts, and I dont see them moving down at a discount or even trade value for a QB, and thats not saying that they couldn't. If they value 6 players the same at 9 knowing Washington is taking a QB at 9 and they'll land 1/6 at 15 and want the extra pick(s) like Oakland did last year, then they could take the fair or reduced value. I just see the chances of that being slim given their recent history. 

• Like (+1) 1

Losing patience with Jones development is understandable. At 24 years old to start next season i think he's still too young to throw overboard. He'll get every chance at training camp to make the team. I think he showed some improvement this season. With more consistent QB play and more familiarity with Allen should go a long way. It would be some kinda of Billsy move to let him leave and flourish as a solid WR for another team.

650 yards 7 TD from a 2nd year player drafted in the 2nd round isn't anything to sneeze at anyway. Give him another season with Allen and we'll see. He's cheap anyway. 

As for this draft i'm so intrigued by DK Metcalf. He is the Josh Allen(QB) and Tremaine Edmunds of this draft where he likely has the highest upside and raw ability but a long way to reach it. If Beane goes this route i won't be able to blame him even if Metcalf busts. In this business a GM has limited time to get it right. Swing for the fences type pick right here. Picking up a Christian Wilkins at 9 is probably the "safer" play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, P51 said:

I remember last year well and agree that class was viewed very favorably in general and IMO blows this years class out of the water. So far this year there seem to be 3 QB's being consistently talked about in the 1st round (if the little person you refer too is Murray and Meh is Lock) and not as highly regarded as last years class, 4 if one considers Jones. What they are trading up for is a QB, the Chiefs paid a premium to move up from 27 to 10, Houston as well in moving up from 25 to 12 and settling for Watson in the 2017 draft and that class had many questions leading up to the draft, with the Texans getting the "meh" prospect according to some. 

If teams (Washington in this situation) value a QB enough to move up for one, they are more likely than not, going to pay a premium, that seems to be consistently the rule, not the exception, thats my point in all of my comments about the Bills will be "Lucky" type of posts  to get a 2nd round pick to move down to 15... This regime has paid and charged a premium to move up and down for QB's, its not likely they are going to cut a team a break because because Lock is a "meh" prospect according to Washington themselves, NewEra, P51, Buffalo themselves or anyone. If they want to move ahead of Denver to get Lock for instance, Washington I believe will have to pay to do so, just the same as Houston, KC, Buffalo, NYJ, Chicago have done recently to move ahead of whomever.

What the premium is? I dont know it could just be the 46th pick but I highly doubt they'll "settle" for less. I do know how Buffalo has operated in the last 2 drafts, and I dont see them moving down at a discount or even trade value for a QB, and thats not saying that they couldn't. If they value 6 players the same at 9 knowing Washington is taking a QB at 9 and they'll land 1/6 at 15 and want the extra pick(s) like Oakland did last year, then they could take the fair or reduced value. I just see the chances of that being slim given their recent history. 

If Washington loves one of these guys, I agree, they’ll do what it takes to get him.  I just don’t understand why anyone would love Lock or Jones that much.  Imo, both will be there when they select without trading up.  Never know about Elway though.  Trades up for Paxton Lynch.  Had to settle for starting simien for 2 years.  Pays keenum 22 mill a year.  Passes on Allen and Rosen.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/30/2019 at 2:12 PM, NewEra said:

If Washington loves one of these guys, I agree, they’ll do what it takes to get him.  I just don’t understand why anyone would love Lock or Jones that much.  Imo, both will be there when they select without trading up.  Never know about Elway though.  Trades up for Paxton Lynch.  Had to settle for starting simien for 2 years.  Pays keenum 22 mill a year.  Passes on Allen and Rosen.  

I agree with all of this, I am not big on the Lock or Jones love myself, I havent gotten into them much yet, but my initial evals on them have them as closer to 3rd round guys than 1st... Elways a wild card for sure, I could see him doing about anything, which fits the mold, I thought he lucked into his situation initially as a GM and recently his true ability is starting to show through. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Kelvin B. gives the fanbase nightmares of what a huge physical can separate pass catching target might look like.

In truth...they dont all look like that....the NFL rules make it easy for a big physical guy to push around a DB and catch a ball if they know how to do it right.......we currently do not have one of those on this team.

• Like (+1) 1