Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2018-19: Sabres picking 7th overall (6/21/19). Ralph Krueger hire as new head coach!

BillsFan4

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not pissed off. I just have a very different perspective on the situation. Quite the opposite of what you think I enjoy the discussion. What I said to the increasingly angry Plezmd is let's allow the season to play out. It's understandable that the vicissitudes of the season can frustrate and exhaust this historically abused fanbase. What I'm trying to suggest here with my responses to this topic is to have more of a perspective on what is happening in this season. I'm recommending patience because I believe that in the not too distant future this team will be a serious team. It's not there now. You have been objective enough to point out that this team still lacks enough talent throughout its roster to be where we all want it to be. What I don't want to see is resorting to short-term solutions at the expense of the longer term and more meaningful goals. We still have a way to go but we are not as far away as many are suggesting. 

Again, I apologize if my tone suggests anger. That's not my intention. I enjoy these discussions even when Plezmd is nipping at my ankles.   

I'm not angry, just smarter when it comes to hockey?( i kid, i kid)

We have two different views of this team..I think there is more than enough talent to not be earning points at a .375 rate..you think that's where the talent rates.

My view says the coach for two years has not gotten everything he can out of his team and players, and the sum is less than the parts..and that's on the coach.

You think it has been the players. That's where our disagreements come in!

I am also tired of being the team that can't improve and is consistently pointing to a "plan" for growth and be patient, even it means never getting to the playoffs.We have wasted Jacks ELC, on the way to wasting Casey ELC( 1 year left) , and feels to me we are well on the way to burning Dahlins ELC as well. .

I just don't understand why a Buffalo team can never be expected to win anymore? Why is that such a bad thing to ask? One does not have to give up on the future to win now..aka the Muzzin trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Tix tonight are pretty cheap. I’ve never scalped tickets for a Sabre’s game. Any one have any thoughts on this? 

I always see people selling 

I have been scalping tickets since the late 70's, and lament the fact that scalping can be tough nowadays. Vast majority of the tickets are printed PDFs..ticket holder can print 10 of those. Having said that, most of the guys working the Sabres games are pros and out there every night, so not worth it for them to sell fakes..but they get duped sometimes too.  If someone is also not looking to buy, and only looking to sell..stear clear unless you are there at 5:30 . I scallped the Sabre game in Carolina a few weeks back..dude had a hard ticket though.

My advice, the peace of mind with StubHub is worth the fees if you gong with wife/kids etc. If going single, the guys near the arena pretty reliable, save maybe $25 on a lower bowl single

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have been scalping tickets since the late 70's, and lament the fact that scalping can be tough nowadays. Vast majority of the tickets are printed PDFs..ticket holder can print 10 of those. Having said that, most of the guys working the Sabres games are pros and out there every night, so not worth it for them to sell fakes..but they get duped sometimes too.  If someone is also not looking to buy, and only looking to sell..stear clear unless you are there at 5:30 . I scallped the Sabre game in Carolina a few weeks back..dude had a hard ticket though.

My advice, the peace of mind with StubHub is worth the fees if you gong with wife/kids etc. If going single, the guys near the arena pretty reliable, save maybe $25 on a lower bowl single

Thanks. Seems like the extra five bucks makes it worth it 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Fred’s , I mean Huts, turn tonight. That my friend is our brilliant coach who uses all tools available to him!

But on the bright side, Pilut gets to play his first game in two weeks with Scandella as his D partner. If we think Scandella is a train wreck at his natural LD position, he is a complete nuclear event on his off side. 

Housley again showing his utter ineptitude. 

34 minutes ago, K-9 said:

But on the bright side, Pilut gets to play his first game in two weeks with Scandella as his D partner. If we think Scandella is a train wreck at his natural LD position, he is a complete nuclear event on his off side. 

Housley again showing his utter ineptitude. 

and I just hope Pilut's game is not wrecked by his fear of making mistakes now. Ey yi yi...

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I'm not angry, just smarter when it comes to hockey?( i kid, i kid)

We have two different views of this team..I think there is more than enough talent to not be earning points at a .375 rate..you think that's where the talent rates.

My view says the coach for two years has not gotten everything he can out of his team and players, and the sum is less than the parts..and that's on the coach.

You think it has been the players. That's where our disagreements come in!

I am also tired of being the team that can't improve and is consistently pointing to a "plan" for growth and be patient, even it means never getting to the playoffs.We have wasted Jacks ELC, on the way to wasting Casey ELC( 1 year left) , and feels to me we are well on the way to burning Dahlins ELC as well. .

I just don't understand why a Buffalo team can never be expected to win anymore? Why is that such a bad thing to ask? One does not have to give up on the future to win now..aka the Muzzin trade. 

Being smarter than I am with respect to hockey is not something to brag about. The bar is very low.:)

Let's look at our talent level. Most of us will agree that we have a genuine NHL first line with the Jack line. The addition of Skinner finalized that achievement. As it stands we don't have a legitimate second line. I'm a strong advocate for Mittelstadt (as is K-9) but because he is still maturing both physically and in his game he is not there yet. I believe that he will  eventually achieve that second center ranking but he still has a way to go. Sheary and Rodriques have good speed and compete level. But they are not second line players. In my mind they are more third line players. What's missing from this earnest team is a legitimate second line that can augment the scoring from the first line. 

From what I have seen this year is that Larsson, Gergs with the addition of Okposo make up a very good checking and PK line. Larsson and Gergs, as much as any other players, have not only adhered to their roles but have thrived in their roles.  

Now let's look at our defensive unit. We finally have credible top two pairings.. Risto and McCabe and Dahlin and Bogo are authentic top two pairing defensemen. The remaining defensemen are at best third type of players with Pilut having the most potential. In the not too distant future I see him having a much more prominent role on the PP. I like him a lot.

Our two goaltenders make up a solid unit with Ullmark having the most potential. We can reasonably argue who should get more playing time but as a tandem they usually give us solid play that keeps us in the game.

My reason for going through the units is that if one is fair-minded and reasonable (not always you ?) a reasonable takeaway is that this team is steadily being pieced together. We are not there yet. I'm hoping that Botterill can make another deal similar to the Skinner deal this offseason that will add more potency to the second line. And I expect that Guhle and Nylander will be brought up next year and will not only remain on the roster but will continue to grow their games. 

I'm confident that if you control your impulsivity and your reactionary tendencies when confronted with setbacks your patience will be rewarded. Trust me on this issue: We are on the right path and we are not as far away from success as you think. You need to be brave and not get wobbly when facing the  inevitable frustrations that come with following this exasperating team.  My recommendation is just stay the course!

• Like (+1) 1

^^^^^

At this point in time I think Rodrigues is good up on the second line and Housley should keep Thompson up there, too.

Second line would look better if it was Thompson -- Mittlestadt -- Wayne Simmonds (trade w/Flyers).

...or a guy like Simmonds (now I think about it, the wingers both shoot right handed).  That's the perfect type of player to fit with those two kids.  

I’ll give Housley points for letting Scandella play on his natural left side tonight. He learned his lesson from last time.

No points for necessitating Pilut having to play on his off side though. I feel sorry for Pilut.

Mistakes are just killing this team. That seems to be the story almost every game. 

Risto just let Keith skate right by him and bury a prime rebound, and earlier Dahlin and Bogo left a man free right in front of the net that directly resulted in another goal against. 

fire him tonight, this team is an absolute embarrassment for two years in a row under this guy

Hutton is not good BTW..this team is shell shocked, and their coach has no answers.

In my best Trading PLaces voice( if Housley is going to remain as coach)..SELL, SELL, SELL

@JohnC still think they gunna stay in the race????

Edited by plenzmd1

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

fire him tonight, this team is an absolute embarrassment for two years in a row under this guy

But not before his post game presser where he tells us how much he liked their game. How much jump we had early. How we had the better chances all night. How we dictated the play. 

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

But not before his post game presser where he tells us how much he liked their game. How much jump we had early. How we had the better chances all night. How we dictated the play. 

Dude this is bad. I think this will put them below .350 available points..in other words, the worst team in the league outside of a fluky 10 game win streak. Losing to a bottom 3 team on home ice,against a goalie with a .888 save percentage,  players obvious;y shell shocked.. I guess we go for the bottom again????

BTW.. my recording for some reason was the Chicago feed..exact words from Eddie and his partner" lot closer to a library than a hockey rink"

They have to do something, this is an truly a joke now

Edited by plenzmd1

Hutton sucks. 

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Dude this is bad. I think this will put them below .350 available points..in other words, the worst team in the league outside of a fluky 10 game win streak. Losing to a bottom 3 team on home ice,against a goalie with a .888 save percentage,  players obvious;y shell shocked.. I guess we go for the bottom again????

Can’t be a surprise though. We’ve been a sub .400 team since coach clueless came aboard and we are a sub.400 team since the fluke streak. I ask again; what has anyone, ANYONE observed in Housley that suggests he’s a good coach? There are several examples to show he’s not a good coach, though. 

Anyway, I’m liking those UB Bulls!

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Hutton sucks. 

and again a team shows the Sabres how you stick up for one another...when we will ever see that on a Buffalo team. You want to talk about culture??? How about a culture where you board #9, we drilling your dumb ass, as the Hawks are showing tonight when you hit #88

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

and again a team shows the Sabres how you stick up for one another...when we will ever see that on a Buffalo team. You want to talk about culture??? How about a culture where you board #9, we drilling your dumb ass, as the Hawks are showing tonight when you hit #88

Reflection of their coach.