The NFL game in Mexico should be cancelled!!

MEXICO CITY - For all the American talk about how this game was going to be different, the United States stumbled in Mexico once again. Jared Borgetti and Antonio Naelson scored in a four-minute span midway through the first half, and the Mexicans dominated the U.S. team 2-1 in a World Cup qualifier Sunday.

The United States, 0-22-1 in Mexico, had the better of the play against their southern rival during the first 20 minutes, but the field at Estadio Azteca seemed to tilt down toward the U.S. goal for the rest of the first half, with the crowd of 100,000-plus screaming "Ole! Ole!"

The Americans pressured much more at the start of the first half, and Eddie Lewis scored in the 59th minute off a feed from Landon Donovan. Some Mexican fans responded by chanting "Osama! Osama!"

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...cup_mexico_us_3

Screw playing an NFL game in Mexico. Wouldn't it be embarassing for the NFL if this chant broke out during the game they have scheduled there in the fall. F*** them....play the game in front of 10,000 people in Arizona any day over this. <_<

there is a big diffrence between american football and soccer to non-americans.

i dout many people will show for the game. and those who do wont care who wins. there wont be that "hatred" for a team beating your countrys team.

i agree... the NFL has enough money. Keep in in America.

Did anyone see the Outside the Lines piece on ESPN yesterday morning about the mexican fans? it was good, the players are treated like crap... bags of urine thrown at them, batteries, coins.... one of the mexican players told a US player "I will find your mother and kill her!"... they need to relax, it's soccer... who cares???

in my opinion, soccer is dumb, I don't like it... but I totally respect the players that are good at it, it is hard to play... but it's still just a game, those mexicans need to relax... you didn't see our fans doing that when the US was losing in Basketball, or in danger of losing. I think the Soviet hockey players felt more secure back in 1980 and the hatred between the USSR and USA was a million times worse than US and Mexico... unreal.

I read that too. Classy fans those mexicans are. They can go fug themselves! I plan on traveling and seeing the world- Mexico is at the bottom of my places to see

BTW I just saw a Barcelona-Mallorica futball game and Spanish fans were classy. Mexican fans are the worst in the world

MEXICO CITY - For all the American talk about how this game was going to be different, the United States stumbled in Mexico once again. Jared Borgetti and Antonio Naelson scored in a four-minute span midway through the first half, and the Mexicans dominated the U.S. team 2-1 in a World Cup qualifier Sunday.

The United States, 0-22-1 in Mexico, had the better of the play against their southern rival during the first 20 minutes, but the field at Estadio Azteca seemed to tilt down toward the U.S. goal for the rest of the first half, with the crowd of 100,000-plus screaming "Ole! Ole!"

The Americans pressured much more at the start of the first half, and Eddie Lewis scored in the 59th minute off a feed from Landon Donovan. Some Mexican fans responded by chanting "Osama! Osama!"

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...cup_mexico_us_3

Screw playing an NFL game in Mexico.  Wouldn't it be embarassing for the NFL if this chant broke out during the game they have scheduled there in the fall.  F*** them....play the game in front of 10,000 people in Arizona any day over this. <_<

288890[/snapback]

I read in another version of the AP report that they also burned some American flags inside or outside the arena. At least we have clean water and California and they don't.

Picture Mexico getting a football team together and then beating the USA on the global stage. That wouldn't fly well with us but that's what happened in 2002 during the World Cup when we beat them. It really messed with their national pride because soccer is all they had on us.

Not to be outdone, Sam's Army has chants just as bad for when Mexico plays here. However, Osama chants = RJ.

I just wish we'd would schedule our home games against Mexico in the Northeast during the colder months. Mexico has lost one game at home in their soccer history because their stadium is about a mile high and it's about 100 degrees. I don't think they'd do to well against us at Foxboro when it's about 35 degrees.

"Al-a-mo, Al-a-mo, Al-a-mo"

not to worry...martin truex kicked some mexican ass (8 of them, i believe) in winning the busch race in mexico city a few weeks back...and there were no reports of heckling. <_<

seriously though, since auto racing (the full-fendered variety, at least), like the nfl, is a much more "american" sport than soccer, i think the fans will behave. i think it will be a pretty sympathetic crowd to start with...not like a soccer crowd at all.

Picture Mexico getting a football team together and then beating the USA on the global stage. That wouldn't fly well with us but that's what happened in 2002 during the World Cup when we beat them. It really messed with their national pride because soccer is all they had on us.

Not to be outdone, Sam's Army has chants just as bad for when Mexico plays here. However, Osama chants = RJ.

I just wish we'd would schedule our home games against Mexico in the Northeast during the colder months. Mexico has lost one game at home in their soccer history because their stadium is about a mile high and it's about 100 degrees. I don't think they'd do to well against us at Foxboro when it's about 35 degrees.

288943[/snapback]

I wonder what sort of chants actually surpasses the Osama ones. Also, the United States already schedules the home games in Colombus often.

288943[/snapback]

worse then Osama chants? yeah right

BTW we own Mexico in Soccer outside of Mexico City. We have dominated them the last 20 or so games

I wonder what sort of chants actually surpasses the Osama ones. Also, the United States already schedules the home games in Colombus often.

288946[/snapback]

Correction: "There was some booing and whistling during 'The Star-Spangled Banner' but the Americans expected worse. After the game, about 100 people gathered for a peaceful celebration near Mexico City's Angel of Independence monument. A few first tried to burn, then trampled a small American flag while chanting "Osama! Osama!"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=173288&cc=5901

i don't care how much "soccer is their sport" and it's a sense of national pride... basketball was our sport and we've lost to other countries and I don't remember hearing reports of bags of urine being thrown at players, or coins, or batteries beign thrown by US fans... if some country made a football team and beat a US team, american fans wouldn't take it to that level... at least I don't think so. Fans in other countries are just strange... I will cheer and scream and yell like crazy for any US national team for any sport, but I can't see a point where I would try to harm another country's athlete simply because they are from another country. people like that have issues... big time

worse then Osama chants?  yeah right

BTW we own Mexico in Soccer outside of Mexico City.  We have dominated them the last 20 or so games

288947[/snapback]

288946[/snapback]

That's why I said Osama chants = RJ. I don't have the link to the site that lists the chants for when they play Mexico, but there are some really bad ones as well.

We've been doing well against Mexico the last eight or so games. Prior to that it was like Dolphins vs. Bills in the 80s. It wasn't pretty.

The WCQ against Mexico in September is in Columbus, but in previous years when we sucked they had it in places like Miami and LA to get attendance. Attendance doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

I read that report on Drudge this morning......I was truly surprised to hear they were doing that stuff, too. I love soccer, and was glad to be able to see that game yesterday. But the one thing about the sport that really taints it is the fans of some clubs.

i don't care how much "soccer is their sport" and it's a sense of national pride... basketball was our sport and we've lost to other countries and I don't remember hearing reports of bags of urine being thrown at players, or coins, or batteries beign thrown by US fans... if some country made a football team and beat a US team, american fans wouldn't take it to that level... at least I don't think so.  Fans in other countries are just strange... I will cheer and scream and yell like crazy for any US national team for any sport, but I can't see a point where I would try to harm another country's athlete simply because they are from another country.  people like that have issues... big time

288959[/snapback]

What do you expect out of Third World Countries? This happens just about everywhere the USMNT plays in Qualifying. Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, etc. They all do this. In Panama they need armed soldiers on the field to protect opponents.

What do you expect out of Third World Countries? This happens just about everywhere the USMNT plays in Qualifying. Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, etc. They all do this. In Panama they need armed soldiers on the field to protect opponents.

288970[/snapback]

Stojanites? What happened to the Captain, bro?????

I read that too.  Classy fans those mexicans are.  They can go fug themselves!  I plan on traveling and seeing the world- Mexico is at the bottom of my places to see

BTW I just saw a Barcelona-Mallorica futball game and Spanish fans were classy.  Mexican fans are the worst in the world

288900[/snapback]

Soccer fans the world over are pretty much a-holes when combined with alcohol - especially when the games have international implications.

Except for looting and vandalism after championship games (win or lose) American sports fans are very civil fans.  Riots occur quite often during soccer events throughout the world.

288978[/snapback]

Wait til Buffalo wins the Super Bowl or Stanley Cup. Downtown will get what it deserves ... a huge fire. Then maybe we can get some disaster funding we need to rebuild.

Wait til Buffalo wins the Super Bowl or Stanley Cup. Downtown will get what it deserves ... a huge fire. Then maybe we can get some disaster funding we need to rebuild.

288985[/snapback]

Can you burn down parking lots?

288985[/snapback]

Ya, that's real funny..

Crickets Chirping.........

As our buddy Rodney King once said, "Why can't we all just get along."

it seems to me that there is more reason than ever for the NFL to do a game in Mexico and to work as hard as they can to sell their product to a Mexican audience.

Clearly some sectors of the Mexican society and sports fans do not deserve human treatment (the folks who yelled Osana) but the sooner we use sports as a tool to build bridges (like PingPong was used in conjunction with Nixon going to China) rather than as an avenue for division then the sooner the types of folks who threw bags of urine will be defeated.

Rather than taking our ball and going home with our tails between our legs after losing to Mexico in this soccer game, I think the intelligent move for us is to show them what the benefits of the American way of life can bring as reflected through the prism of the NFL.

The NFL ain't perfect (thats for sure) but I think we can put on a good show and identify those parts of Mexican leadership and society that like parts of our leadership and society can meet the childhood goal of playing well together.

The world is too interdependent (being it our ability to hurt each other with terrorism or weapons of mass destruction or our ability to help each other wih the huge market of workers and potential buyers in places like Mexico) for us to reasonably feel like we can merely retreat behind our borders.

I for one do not want to see our country run out of town with bags of urine or chants or to see us waste our time trying to ignore or conquer other countries. The best and only choice I think we have is to share with them the good things we got (like the NFL) and identify the allies I suspect we have in other cultures.

Just like in Iraq, whether you are a liberal or a conservative American we all are rooting for and need to work foreigner build the capacity to help and defend themselves. When we commit and succeed in helping them build their capacity it is them who will control the lesser elements of their society (and believe me, anyone who heard or witnessed NYers having intercourse with each other in the stands at the Ralph knows we all have lesser elements in our society- though I prefer the base behavior of having sex in public to the base behavior of throwing bags of urine anyday. Clearly they are both base behaviors but the urine throwing is so much worse).

So I say lets take the NFL to Mexico and show 'em how to party hardy and hope that they learn to party hardy through sports as well.

288946[/snapback]

I guess we could chant about how we took California from them right before we discovered a whole lotta gold there in 1848. But that doesn't make for much of a chant.

Also, if some soccer player rolled up on me and told me he was planning on finding my mother and killing her, I'd probably find a way to kick the crap out of him on the field. These dudes fake injuries 10x a game anyway, so it wouldn't look that out of the ordinary. And I'd be sure to remind him that I'm from America and he's from Mexico which pretty much assures that no matter what he can do with a soccer ball, I'm better than him.

"I love me some me!"-TO

289003[/snapback]

Is that TO in his avatar? For some reason I always just assumed it was 'Flav-0-Flav' or whatever his name is. The awkward dude with the clock around his neck.

Rather than taking our ball and going home with our tails between our legs after losing to Mexico in this soccer game, I think the intelligent move for us is to show them what the benefits of the American way of life can bring as reflected through the prism of the NFL.

289018[/snapback]

They already know the benefits of our way of life. Just look at the Arizona border.

Just like in Iraq, whether you are a liberal or a conservative American we all are rooting for and need to work foreigner build the capacity to help and defend themselves.

289018[/snapback]

That may be the case among the majority of opponents of the war, but there are a lot of people, especially from where I am from, that are rooting for American failure in Iraq.

I guess we could chant about how we took California from them right before we discovered a whole lotta gold there in 1848.  But that doesn't make for much of a chant.

Also, if some soccer player rolled up on me and told me he was planning on finding my mother and killing her, I'd probably find a way to kick the crap out of him on the field.  These dudes fake injuries 10x a game anyway, so it wouldn't look that out of the ordinary.  And I'd be sure to remind him that I'm from America and he's from Mexico which pretty much assures that no matter what he can do with a soccer ball, I'm better than him.

289021[/snapback]

There's this one player on the Mexican team named 'Blanco' (didn't catch his first name). I sat there watching him yesterday and could not believe how much he looked like a whiney brat of a child stuck in the body of a 35 year old. Some of the American players started taunting him to take him out of his game and the guy ended up getting a yellow card not long after.....it was quite humorous.

T.O. it is! <_<

289027[/snapback]

I used to think TO was just a loud-mouthed punk........I found out last year that I was wrong :doh:

So I say lets take the NFL to Mexico and show 'em how to party hardy and hope that they learn to party hardy through sports as well.

Perhaps we could play a Bills vs. Dolphins game down there so the Mexicans can see how much mature we are when we urinate on each others colors and walk around in front of each other's children with shirts that say "!@#$ the (Bills/Dolphins). Not that there's anything wrong with that.

<_<:doh::doh:

with the exception of Brian Cox, I don't think we ever threw bags of urine or batteries or coins at dolphins players...

like I said, excluding Brian Cox, I admit to nothing... <_<

Thats BS.....screw those mexican dirtbags.....next time I frequent Tijuana, I will be sure to spit and urinate on any one of those half-breds that tries to sell me dope or a $10 Rolex.....fug 'em.....I guess I can see why they are so bitter though......seeing that they are the toilet of North America!

Viva America

Osama Osama !!

What the hell sense does that make to chant that at us?  Is that a taunt as if Osama nailed the WTC and then hasn't been caught?  I just don't get it ...  :)

289165[/snapback]

:blink:

:blink:

Osama Osama !!

What the hell sense does that make to chant that at us?  Is that a taunt as if Osama nailed the WTC and then hasn't been caught?  I just don't get it ...  :D

289165[/snapback]

?????????? I just dont get your post :)

Thats BS.....screw those mexican dirtbags.....next time I frequent Tijuana, I will be sure to spit and urinate on any one of those half-breds that tries to sell me dope or a $10 Rolex.....fug 'em.....I guess I can see why they are so bitter though......seeing that they are the toilet of North America!

Viva America

289093[/snapback]

OK Maybe I am being too harsh.....or maybe I'm not :blink:

Viva America

289093[/snapback]

Why would you want to frequent Tijuana? There are a lot of hardworking, good people in TJ but there truly are also a lot of dirtbags looking for non-Mexicans to kill, stab, jump, rob and extort (Policia). Spend your money, time, piss and spit on this side. TJ is a very dangerous and thankless experience. That is why so many TJ locals migrate legally and illegally to the North.

The urine bag experience is not unique to Mexico. About two months ago, Mexico was playing in Costa Rica facing the same sort of projectiles. The fans in Costa Rica's stadium are much closer to the field which makes the problem even worse.

I suppose a counter to the Osama chant would be Cortez. If it is worth it to anybody, taunt away. After 9/11, Mexico suffered greatly from the increased security and limited attention from the Bush administration as more serious issues took precedence. I don't know how funny that is for a Mexico that needs increased commerce and improved diplomacy between the US and Mexico.