What does verbal harassment consist of?

Another Fan

misreading...

1)  your honest level of power as seen by others

2)  the ability of someone to take what you have said to them, this level can vary minute by minute to some people, especially if you have no power in their eyes

42 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I know it gets mentioned a bit these days.  Does it mean more than shouting and or cursing at someone?  

Making threats against somebody 

I think verbal harassment is more than just shouting and/or cursing at someone -- that's verbal abuse -- or even making threats.  It would become harassment, I think, if it was done repeatedly and intentionally -- and it wouldn't just have to be shouting/cursing etc.  It could be name calling or snide remarks made to/about a particular person (or to several people I suppose).  It might even be repeatedly saying something that the "harasser" knows would annoy/upset his/her target.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, row_33 said:

misreading...

1)  your honest level of power as seen by others

2)  the ability of someone to take what you have said to them, this level can vary minute by minute to some people, especially if you have no power in their eyes

If somebody says to someone else at work they made them look like an a-hole,would that be considered?  Or just depends 

I'd say that it's any verbal conduct intended to provoke a negative reaction in another. By negative reaction, I mean: trying to put them down, make them feel bad about themselves, to agitate them, to anger them, etc.

So ***** you, you ***** *****!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

If somebody says to someone else at work they made them look like an a-hole,would that be considered?  Or just depends 

i've seen it done in front of the Annual Shareholders Meeting

all depends on the social position and interactions between the parties

Mr. Cool Guy can walk up to any woman and grab a squeeze and they laugh and say "oh you!"; and if you did it.... well... see you after a 20 year stretch in prison