Ja’Waan Taylor OT Florida

On 1/3/2019 at 11:17 PM, billvernsays said:

Oh my bad. 

He’s someone who’s gotten better each year.  He’s a different comparison than a Greg Little who always seems to leave you wanting him to do a bit more. 

He’s got really nimble feel which is why I think he could be a LT in the NFL, but I think he could realistically play either Tackle or Guard position in the Pros which I think may make his versatility very interesting to McBean. 

This, alone, says not at #9. It’s not a Draft pick for a project. 

I watch all the Gator games. It’s what we do in my neighborhood. They have a couple very good scatback runners who are more known for making tacklers miss than flying through pancake blocks from the OL. QB Franks is consistently up & down, so their Offense is blah at best. I doubt he grades out in the top 5 OL, so no, not at #9.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, billvernsays said:

I think he’s the pick if he’s there. He’ll be pushed up draft boards as the draft gets closer.  

He’s HUGE, ATHLETIC, has great movement skills and strong, he can also play left or right in the NFL. 

Its early and Im probably wrong but I’m calling my shot now. 

I noticed a lot of the mocks have him going to the Bills at 9 but i thought the kid from Bama Williams was suppose to be 1 of the best O lineman at the top of the draft has that changed ?

What i don't understand in some of the mocks that i have seen is that they have the Bills going with a defensive player at 9 which Bean has said he will go with BPA at that pick instead of a need player but given the state of the O line with a young QB i would hope that the O line would be a huge consideration with the first pick.

Unless Bean feels he can get more better ? players later in the round ...

Since trading back with Redskins is the consensus around here.............

and since the trade would involve a QB.........

forget picking up an extra 2nd round. 

I would want Washington’s 2020 1st round pick instead.

Remember, since it would be a trade up for a QB, the Bills hold ALL the leverage here. Either Washington gives the Bills their 2020 1st round pick, or they don’t get their QB.

Tbere is a reason why I would want the 2020 1st round pick instead.