Marijuana to treat CTE in NFL players

Just a random thought, hope I am not violating the tos and I am sorry if I am but I am awfully curious about this topic. Obviously marijuana is banned by the NFL, but I've wondered for quite some time if football players smoke because it relieves symptoms of CTE. Do any of you think this is possible? It would be pretty tragic if the NFL banned a substance that could benefit their players mental health, especially with something as serious as CTE. I know weed helps treat a myriad of illnesses from bipolar disorder all the way down to arthritis and inflammation. Could marijuana benefit players and should the NFL take it off its banned substances list? It would be a shame if the NFL was taking away something that could be beneficial to its players. Do you guys think weed could actually help the NFL? Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Just a random thought, hope I am not violating the tos and I am sorry if I am but I am awfully curious about this topic. Obviously marijuana is banned by the NFL, but I've wondered for quite some time if football players smoke because it relieves symptoms of CTE. Do any of you think this is possible? It would be pretty tragic if the NFL banned a substance that could benefit their players mental health, especially with something as serious as CTE. I know weed helps treat a myriad of illnesses from bipolar disorder all the way down to arthritis and inflammation. Could marijuana benefit players and should the NFL take it off its banned substances list? It would be a shame if the NFL was taking away something that could be beneficial to its players. Do you guys think weed could actually help the NFL? Thoughts?

This a post filled with misinformation about the health benefits of marijuana.

its not a magic plant dude.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe you could still technically be alive if they diagnose the section quickly? 

Not that I’ve read, always open to seeing they can diagnose before an autopsy

32 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Would Richie Still be on the team?  

At first I thought this was funny, then I thought, could it be true?

On Weed and the nfl, it’s been rumored tons of players smoke and dodging testing is easy to work around for them as long as you never fail the one annual non/less random one, or combine one.... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You've never gotten a physical and had your head split open under anesthesia for a look at the brain? Pretty routine in my neck of the woods.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Ok, but now say you have an impatient coroner that really wants to know? 

No-Someone found a bio-marker with potential but still sounded like more confirmations are needed or something 

5 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

You've never gotten a physical and had your head split open under anesthesia for a look at the brain? Pretty routine in my neck of the woods.

Or what if you live here? 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I take CBD oil and it has worked wonders for me. I also smoke weed occasionally and it helps me with anxiety and depression. 

I’m not bashing or judging, but is the CBD also for anxiety and depression? How is it different from weed. (I’m actually surprised I don’t know this, but that’s a different story.) 

59 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I take CBD oil and it has worked wonders for me. I also smoke weed occasionally and it helps me with anxiety and depression. 

“I take heroin for my anxiety and it works wonders for me.”

Please stop.

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Seantrel Henderson disagrees

What medical school did he go to?

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not bashing or judging, but is the CBD also for anxiety and depression? How is it different from weed. (I’m actually surprised I don’t know this, but that’s a different story.) 

CBD will not get you high whereas weed will get you high. Weed is a more potent mood enhancer though in my opinion, makes boring and mundane things fun and interesting. 

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

CBD will not get you high whereas weed will get you high. Weed is a more potent mood enhancer though in my opinion, makes boring and mundane things fun and interesting. 

But the CBD (which somewhat is new to me) will also help with the anxiety and depression? To the same degree? It’s an oil? How do you ingest it? 

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Please stop.

What medical school did he go to?

LOL heroin?

I don’t think that Henderson went to medical school but a good friend of mine Oncologist recommended weed for him with his chemo treatment.  He went to medical school.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Please stop.

Medical Marijuana has helped people with Parkinson's, depression, tremors, anxiety and a number of other issues.  I don't know if it would help in this case but please don't misinform people by substituting heroin for medical marijuana. Do some research.  

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Awesome! (+1) 5