Why the Bills should try to sign Preston Brown in 2019.

18 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Not really... I see a player who could be productive and a rookie MLB who is pretty underwhelming.

If it’s not Brown, I would take a similar veteran MLB who could be reliable depth/fringe starter.

IMO many fans overvalue what they have in Edmunds.  I don’t think he’s very good

I mean, I agree with you and all and you're absolutely right to be troubled about MLB, I am too. Brown though won't fix our problem though bud.

2 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I think this is what you were referring to.  He was angling to play for New England.  It’s pretty sad, but he didn’t really say anything negative about the Bills.

Also laughable how he was talking about getting paid $8M A season.  He got half that on a 1 year deal

https://www.bostonherald.com/2018/02/28/lb-preston-brown-open-to-being-next-bills-player-to-leave-for-patriots/

Can't imagine he left on the best of terms if he's publicly saying stuff like this. I wouldn't plan on him being in a Bills uni in 2019.

Edited by junior12thman92
  • Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Can't imagine he left on the best of terms if he's publicly saying stuff like this. I wouldn't plan on him being in a Bills uni in 2019.

Again, this is hardly the worst thing anyone has said.  People seem to be reaching to make something out of nothing 

2 hours ago, Billever76 said:

As evidenced by our dead last field position....we have gave the opposing team great field position the entire year sans a few games...that's a skewed stat imo.....ppg sacks tfl all matter more ...we haven't gave up a ton of yards but we've given up points..some of that falls on an inept offense butlets not act like we haven't watched QBs sit back in the pocket with tons of time or rbs gashing us all game long with not an answer to it ..#1 defense don't give that up...

I knew people would hate this idea because Preston is a former Bill.  But this idea makes sense if you read what I originally wrote.  

32 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This. Preston brown is weak as can be

Careful.....Josh Allen has taken a few cheap shots against NYJ (thought not as bad as Tre’s) and no players came to his defense.  You can’t fault a player for not retaliating, there were also 9 other guys on the field who did nothing after as well

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I mean, I agree with you and all and you're absolutely right to be troubled about MLB, I am too. Brown though won't fix our problem though bud.

Ok maybe not Preston, but a player in a similar situation.  I just don’t feel so great about Edmunds and think the Bills need a legit Plan B if he continues to not pan out.  A player like Julian Stanford was signed to play ST’s.  

You cant really rely on him on defense and we saw that this season.  

I also don’t think a mid to low round draft pick would do much.  We need someone with decent NFL starting experience for depth that could be relied upon if necessary.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Ok maybe not Preston, but a player in a similar situation.  I just don’t feel so great about Edmunds and think the Bills need a legit Plan B if he continues to not pan out.  A player like Julian Stanford was signed to play ST’s.  

You cant really rely on him on defense and we saw that this season.  

I also don’t think a mid to low round draft pick would do much.  We need someone with decent NFL starting experience for depth that could be relied upon if necessary.  

We are 100% on the same page. I don't think Edmunds is a bad player though, just out of position. Wouldn't mind that kid from LSU with that 1st pick.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

We are 100% on the same page. I don't think Edmunds is a bad player though, just out of position. Wouldn't mind that kid from LSU with that 1st pick.

Well my whole point is that I haven’t been very encouraged by Edmunds, especially when you see our stud MLB getting blocked 8 yards downfield like he was on Sunday.  

Its disappointing because trading up for him last year was supposed to solidify the position for years to come.  I think his success is as in question, as Allen.

I also don’t think we can afford to use our 1st round pick on a LB when there are so many pressing needs on offense

6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Well my whole point is that I haven’t been very encouraged by Edmunds, especially when you see our stud MLB getting blocked 8 yards downfield like he was on Sunday.  

Its disappointing because trading up for him last year was supposed to solidify the position for years to come.  I think his success is as in question, as Allen.

I also don’t think we can afford to use our 1st round pick on a LB when there are so many pressing needs on offense

We're picking top 10 there's maybe one player on offense worth taking there. Maybe two. Give me Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver or Devin White in that order. WR in RD2, TE RD3 and OL in FA.

Edited by NewDayBills

He's just so slow. One of the slowest linebackers in the league.  And I will always hate him for not defending his teammates and saying he wants to join the Patriots. He is not welcome back here. Some Bills fans had an irrational love for him. He is a JAG and I'd argue that Stanford is better with a much higher athletic upside. 

Brown will sit out on the open market forever. Last year he sat on the open market forever, and there were no great linebackers available and he was coming off a good year. Now he's coming off an injury and there are a whole bunch of free agent inside linebackers available who are 100 times better than Brown. Jordan Hicks, CJ Mosley, Denzel Perryman, Kwon Alexander, Jake Ryan, Craig Robertson, Manti Teo. I wouldn't be surprised if he is out of the league next year. 

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He's just so slow. One of the slowest linebackers in the league.  And I will always hate him for not defending his teammates and saying he wants to join the Patriots. He is not welcome back here. Some Bills fans had an irrational love for him. He is a JAG and I'd argue that Stanford is better with a much higher athletic upside. 

Brown will sit out on the open market forever. Last year he sat on the open market forever, and there were no great linebackers available and he was coming off a good year. Now he's coming off an injury and there are a whole bunch of free agent inside linebackers available who are 100 times better than Brown. Jordan Hicks, CJ Mosley, Denzel Perryman, Kwon Alexander, Jake Ryan, Craig Robertson, Manti Teo. I wouldn't be surprised if he is out of the league next year. 

Stanford isn’t better. He’s more athletic and rangey, but you could just throw Milano and Tre out there sometimes on passing downs, and use PB more like a Spikes type.

If the LB market is super saturated, more bargaining power for us. 2 years $4M gives us a really good depth LBer at worst.