Holocaust Denial

The_Dude

15 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I read your note. Twice.

Unless it's well hidden, you avoided answering. Again.

My initial assessment of you remains solidly intact. Pretty much everyone here who can read and that isn't a Stormfront devotee can see what you are about.

You're far better off not replying to this than revealing more of yourself by avoiding the topic, yet again.

I love how you obsess about the number 10. I mean, the genocide in the US was mentioned, the one in Mexico, the slavery in the US, I suppose there were the plagues, Genghis Khan's wrath, the Vikings were like nazis for centuries, Islam, etc.

last comment example is joke, but funnily religions are agruably human tragedies. it depends on one's moral position

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I love how you obsess about the number 10. I mean, the genocide in the US was mentioned, the one in Mexico, the slavery in the US, I suppose there were the plagues, Genghis Khan's wrath, the Vikings were like nazis for centuries, Islam, etc.

last comment example is joke, but funnily religions are agruably human tragedies. it depends on one's moral position

Humanity is responsible for the plagues? Damn, that's some stupid ass logic there.

I suppose if you compare pre-modern society (Vikings, Genghis Khan, etc.)  to something that was a crime against modern society, you almost have made a perverted point. Your point still sucks, though.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Humanity is responsible for the plagues? Damn, that's some stupid ass logic there.

I suppose if you compare pre-modern society (Vikings, Genghis Khan, etc.)  to something that was a crime against modern society, you almost have made a perverted point. Your point still sucks, though.

Do human tragedies have to be humanities fault? 

Redefining words to make your point is so wiz-kid of you. 

ahmed.jpg

What about those two Reichs that weren't stillborn? Certainly, they achieved more than the nazis did, right?

Edited by Paulus

We're unable to learn lessons from the history of Nazi Germany and the holocaust because any productive discussion is upended by some moron yelling "Godwin's law" or crying "Nazi" if anyone deviates from the worst version of the story.

Questioning particular reports or estimated numbers from the lolocaust, or questioning whether it sits atop the list of historic atrocities does not make one a holocaust denier, Nazi sympathizer, or anti-semite.

When you can't have an honest exploration of history for fear of such accusations, that history is lost and popular mythology takes its place.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Swill Merchant said:

We're unable to learn lessons from the history of Nazi Germany and the holocaust because any productive discussion is upended by some moron yelling "Godwin's law" or crying "Nazi" if anyone deviates from the worst version of the story.

Questioning particular reports or estimated numbers from the lolocaust, or questioning whether it sits atop the list of historic atrocities does not make one a holocaust denier, Nazi sympathizer, or anti-semite.

When you can't have an honest exploration of history for fear of such accusations, that history is lost and popular mythology takes its place.

What point is it you want to make? What particular report or estimate are you questioning? 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What point is it you want to make? What particular report or estimate are you 

Sounds like he is calling your kind out for being hypocrites. 

You, in particular, are an exception. Little does Swill know, you're actually just really THAT stupid.

16 hours ago, Paulus said:

1. You're completely off to even mention the indians of North America. I mean we're talking about the early 17th century during the first colonies to the early 20th century. That doesn't smack of a willful genocide. You're also using a great many deaths due to sickness as part of your genocide, and that's not exactly true.

2. Which one in Mexico, hombre?

3. Slavery in the US? So bloody what? There wasn't a significant thing about slavery in the US. I mean I know American blacks like to pretend it was a historically horrific incident but it wasn't. Spin the globe and you'll find it literally everywhere. To include many African Muslim blacks enslaving and raping white women -- see barbary pirates.

4. Plagues? What? How is a disease anybody's fault?

5. Genghis Khan -- while successful, his tactics and techniques weren't all that unheard of. And they never really set out to genocide anybody....it's just they were politically Machiavellian. They believed that if they razed a town that resisted them that others would bend the knee and that their violence would create less bloodshed in the end.

6. The Viking's were NOT like the Nazi's in any way. During the Viking era there was a huge problem of land. People need land to grow crops to eat. That was the issue with the Danes. Plus, raiding at the time was something that everybody in Europe did. It's just the Saxons weren't able to deal with an amphibious people at first which made the Vikings unique. See the Dane Law in England for more on the topic. 

7. Yes, there is a relation to Islam and Nazism. That's why Islam is an evil thing.

8. The holocaust was/is a unique event in history due to its efficiency and intent. If you wanna deny it you'll only impress morons. 

Just now, BigMcD said:

Wait, people actually deny it happened?  That’s a whole new stupid, even for this place! 

Not really anybody here. 

But there are apparently PLENTY of people that deny it happened. Their evidence is very “flat earth.” Most seem to be neo-Nazis who want to clear Hitlers good name. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

3. Slavery in the US? So bloody what? There wasn't a significant thing about slavery in the US. I mean I know American blacks like to pretend it was a historically horrific incident but it wasn't. Spin the globe and you'll find it literally everywhere. To include many African Muslim blacks enslaving and raping white women -- see barbary pirates.

True, and slavery in the US actually resulted in a very significant natural increase in the population of slaves. So while slavery was horrible, it was not a holocaust. Now the trans-Atlantic slave trade is totally another matter that left millions dead and separated from family and home. That was comparable to the Holocaust, I would say

Just now, Tiberius said:

True, and slavery in the US actually resulted in a very significant natural increase in the population of slaves. So while slavery was horrible, it was not a holocaust. Now the trans-Atlantic slave trade is totally another matter that left millions dead and separated from family and home. That was comparable to the Holocaust, I would say

The thing with slavery is -- I give EVERYBODY a pass up until the 20th century. Why? Everybody dipped their pen in that ink and everybody was guilty and it wasn't even remotely considered wrong until popular opinion started turning on the subject in the 19th century. I judge people based on the thinking of their day, not by the transgender-accepting standards of today. 

And the trans-atlantic slave trade was pretty bad. But it couldn't have been made possible without the help of plenty of black africans who lined their pockets so I roll my eyes anytime a black person starts talking about the injustices suffered unto them because IT HAPPENED TO EVERYBODY. It's just it's not studied in America deeply other than the trans-atlantic slave trade so it gives many Americans a narrow point of view on the topic. But it wasn't possible without black slavers in Africa so I think American blacks should demand their reparations from the Africans that sold their ancestors.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I wonder about the relative magnitude of that, since demand in the slave trade was fulfilled in no small part by internecine warfare between West African tribes, and there's no reliable baseline of pre-trade violence to judge slavery's impact on that violence.  In other words: how much of it was its own tragedy, and how much exploiting a pre-existing tragedy.

But the Belgian Congo and King Leopold's management of it...that was a true horror show, every bit as bad as the Holocaust.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The thing with slavery is -- I give EVERYBODY a pass up until the 20th century. Why? Everybody dipped their pen in that ink and everybody was guilty and it wasn't even remotely considered wrong until popular opinion started turning on the subject in the 19th century. I judge people based on the thinking of their day, not by the transgender-accepting standards of today. 

And the trans-atlantic slave trade was pretty bad. But it couldn't have been made possible without the help of plenty of black africans who lined their pockets so I roll my eyes anytime a black person starts talking about the injustices suffered unto them because IT HAPPENED TO EVERYBODY. It's just it's not studied in America deeply other than the trans-atlantic slave trade so it gives many Americans a narrow point of view on the topic. But it wasn't possible without black slavers in Africa so I think American blacks should demand their reparations from the Africans that sold their ancestors.

Well, in reality all of us are African-Americans. It's just too bad the racism used to divide people back then is still being used today to divide us.

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The thing with slavery is -- I give EVERYBODY a pass up until the 20th century. 

There's a compelling argument to be made - by people much smarter than you (i.e. just about anyone) - that the past 200 years have been an aberration, and the practice of slavery is the rule rather than the exception.

Of course, the same could be said for just about any aspect of Western civilization. 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I wonder about the relative magnitude of that, since demand in the slave trade was fulfilled in no small part by internecine warfare between West African tribes, and there's no reliable baseline of pre-trade violence to judge slavery's impact on that violence.  In other words: how much of it was its own tragedy, and how much exploiting a pre-existing tragedy.

But the Belgian Congo and King Leopold's management of it...that was a true horror show, every bit as bad as the Holocaust.

Yes, pre-modern society was no picnic. The trade increased violence but it also made life more prosperous with metal tools, cooking pots and fish hooks, etc.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, in reality all of us are African-Americans. It's just too bad the racism used to divide people back then is still being used today to divide us.

People are tribal.  "Racism" is just the newest slur used to demean the opposing tribes.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

There's a compelling argument to be made - by people much smarter than you (i.e. just about anyone) - that the past 200 years have been an aberration, and the practice of slavery is the rule rather than the exception.

Of course, the same could be said for just about any aspect of Western civilization. 

And, of course, slavery never went away and still existed into the 20th and 21st centuries in many places, including in the US. It just went underground or by different names.